PDA

View Full Version : Employees generating business bonus

stolonscreep
06-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Just wondering what some of y'all do for your guys that get you contract customers or at the very least repeat business from customers? I think that they definitely deserve something extra but not sure how to structure something like that. Any suggestions?

topsites
06-09-2011, 09:38 PM
What does your business plan say about this?

stolonscreep
06-09-2011, 09:52 PM
My business plan is being revised right now going from a solo operation to having one helper. The woman I am working with has suggested this idea to me and that is why I am asking. Any suggestions or are you just trying to stir the pot?

Dogbonz
06-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Stirring,, smoking, it's all the same,,,

flatlander42
06-09-2011, 10:04 PM
After the first 5+ cuts.....give the helper that got you the job I don't know....2 cuts worth$$. Cash in hand and a good thank you!

If they are good at getting work for you...you better keep them happy before they go work for themself!

stolonscreep
06-09-2011, 10:05 PM
:cool2:..........

stolonscreep
06-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I like that idea flatlander42...It makes sense to wait and make sure the new customer is viable. Thanks. By the way I love the tag line!

MowHouston
06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I dont want to give any incentive to my workers learning how to get business. That just gives them the opportunity to learn to do it themselves. Then, what would the need an hourly job for? We'd just have another lawnguy on the streets.

If they are approached by someone, they send them right to me.

flatlander42
06-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I dont want to give any incentive to my workers learning how to get business. That just gives them the opportunity to learn to do it themselves. Then, what would the need an hourly job for? We'd just have another lawnguy on the streets.

If they are approached by someone, they send them right to me.

This makes sense too.

stolonscreep
06-09-2011, 10:32 PM
I understand your point but trying to keep someone that shows up on time and does not complain about anything he has to do I want to keep around. Hopefully sharing some of my profits that are generated from his effort getting new business will keep him satisfied and wanting to come to work.

Get Some...
06-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I understand your point but trying to keep someone that shows up on time and does not complain about anything he has to do I want to keep around. Hopefully sharing some of my profits that are generated from his effort getting new business will keep him satisfied and wanting to come to work.

Other than Christmas I would not suggest any bonus for a blue collar worker.
Good pay, good working conditions and good labor management is probably the best way to go....

scagdude
06-10-2011, 01:16 AM
I did incentives last year and had a guy realize he could go get yards on his own. Now, they are told to give the person a business card and the person calls me. They still talk and are nice and friendly but don't talk about contract, pricing, etc.

Will P.C.
06-10-2011, 02:32 AM
I do not think doing your job warrants a bonus. Many 'good' workers that I have worked with weren't doing anything above and beyond. They were simply doing the job that was listed in the job description.

I have worked with some guys that were essential to the business. If they left, that spot would be impossible to fill the spot in a timely manner. One guy in particular comes to mind. However, he was being paid 15/hr versus 8-10.

Get Some has the best idea.

93Chevy
06-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Other than Christmas I would not suggest any bonus for a blue collar worker.
Good pay, good working conditions and good labor management is probably the best way to go....

Why? Don't they deserve bonuses for doing good work?

Company I work for has a Christmas bonus, winter bonus, and summer bonus with regular raises also. Plus good benefits.

Reward your workers for good work performed.