PDA

View Full Version : Fastest "mow & blow" this year has been 5 minutes flat

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
06-10-2011, 02:16 AM
usually try to set some records each year in how fast we can get on and off a property. This year we have had some 5 minute specials. Love those...ghetto cuts of course. Anybody out there have a property that takes 5 minutes or less to mow, trim and blow? I get $27.50 for those five minute specials...good work if you can find it.

flatlander42
06-10-2011, 02:29 AM
when you say 5 min....is that 5 man minutes? WE, how many people is it?

Hell on Blades
06-10-2011, 04:50 AM
I don't do a mow and blow. Every yard is trimmed every time. Occasionally, edging is skipped but we ALWAYS trim.

I can get in and out of a few in 20 minutes by myself, 12 with a helper. Love those for $30.

topsites
06-10-2011, 07:24 AM
You don't figure this could bite you one day?

All_Toro_4ME
06-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Pointless post. If its a "we" that's automatically a minimum 10 mins on the yard (5 mins/man) More time per man with larger crew.

GravyTrain
06-10-2011, 10:07 AM
From the drop of the gate to the final latch of the gate, I think my record is 18 minutes. That of course didn't include drive time, but did include mow, edge, trim and then blow.

I might have had some faster, but never paid attention. I know how long it should take me, so I do good work, get paid and move to the next one.

ProStreetCamaro
06-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I don't do a mow and blow. Every yard is trimmed every time. Occasionally, edging is skipped but we ALWAYS trim.

You trim even if a lawn doesn't need trimming? In the dead of summer when lawns are barely growing at all in many cases trimming is not needed and by god I don't trim and waste time if there is nothing to trim. I am talking about the type of lawns that you pull up and say to yourself "I am going to make mower tracks and cut maybe 5 blade tips off the entire lawn". :cry:

GravyTrain
06-10-2011, 11:45 AM
You trim even if a lawn doesn't need trimming? In the dead of summer when lawns are barely growing at all in many cases trimming is not needed and by god I don't trim and waste time if there is nothing to trim. I am talking about the type of lawns that you pull up and say to yourself "I am going to make mower tracks and cut maybe 5 blade tips off the entire lawn". :cry:

if that's the case, then i've set records times of 0 minutes at all. If there isn't any grass to be mowed, why mow at all? Of course, my customers pay the same rate monthly regardless of how many times i mow, so I've got an advantage there.

weeze
06-10-2011, 11:49 AM
5 minutes?...maybe you mowed the yard at a dog house? lol

Will P.C.
06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Yea, what an awesome record. Now tell me how long it took to drive there, how long it took to unload, how long did it take to load??
Oh, how long did it take to collect your money before you 'fired' up your engine

jfoxtrot9
06-10-2011, 03:01 PM

Would never mow a lawn that did not need mowing. That's just dishonest.

ProStreetCamaro
06-10-2011, 03:51 PM
if that's the case, then i've set records times of 0 minutes at all. If there isn't any grass to be mowed, why mow at all? Of course, my customers pay the same rate monthly regardless of how many times i mow, so I've got an advantage there.

Yeah that's a regional thing. Nobody here will do that.

Get Some...
06-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I have seen Chinese Fire Drill mowing.........
Personally, I choose to work in a differant manner.

But to each their own.

nepatsfan
06-19-2011, 12:15 PM
usually try to set some records each year in how fast we can get on and off a property. This year we have had some 5 minute specials. Love those...ghetto cuts of course. Anybody out there have a property that takes 5 minutes or less to mow, trim and blow? I get $27.50 for those five minute specials...good work if you can find it.

Ok...so you get 27.50 for these but you claim to have $90 nuggets of gold per month? So what is it? You said you started at $70 a month and worked up. Now the absolute fastest lawn you have ever done you are claiming is more than those.....You are so full of it, it isn't even funny anymore. If you are gonna lie about stuff....at least make it sound a little better. Go ahead and have this deleted for getting called out or just respond like a man....i will be willing to bet this wont stay up. Why dont you actually focus on building a successful business instead of trying to create the illusion that you have one?

mad87man
06-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Not really sure how fast i can do one or my "record". I don't really try to go as fast as i can then mistakes are made and it takes me twice as long somehow or the other. A lot of my lawns are also in pairs at least the smaller ones.

nightshutter
06-19-2011, 01:03 PM
How good does this 5 minute lawn look when your done? No Trimming or Edging?

MOturkey
06-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Takes me longer than that to get out of the truck, drop the gate, and unload the mower. Of course, I'm old too. :)

93Chevy
06-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Big freaking whoop. Our smallest property is 3 guys 10 minutes unload to load, and our largest is 4 guys 12-16 hours. Everybody has a "fastest" time they think is worth bragging about (but nobody cares) and everybody has their "biggest" property that they is worth bragging about (but nobody cares)

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-19-2011, 09:41 PM
I have 60 "phantom cuts" all on the same street that pay $500 per home. I just drive down the street, turn around in the cul de sac and back down to the street entrance in 3 mins. .......:rolleyes:

jas1980
06-19-2011, 11:27 PM
How good does this 5 minute lawn look when your done? No Trimming or Edging?

I work in Pittsburgh PA, and if you can't trim a $40/cut in 5 minutes this time of year, you don't know what youre doing.