PDA

View Full Version : meg-mo system

badjetman23
06-10-2011, 08:39 AM
i am looking into a set of meg mo blades for my hustler shortcut 1500 was wondering if anyone is running or has run the meg mo system

Kreios
06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Don't waste your money. Just take two blades and put them on like a + when you torque them down they won't go any where a you get what meg mo claims you get.
Posted via Mobile Device

badjetman23
06-10-2011, 02:33 PM
ya thats what i am running now it seems to work well you ever run gators

Kreios
06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I only use I high lift blades.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreios
06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I didn't like my Meg mo blades. They left strips in between the blades when mowing in thick conditions.
Posted via Mobile Device

badjetman23
06-10-2011, 07:04 PM
sure is alot of money to spend for something that isnt any better than running doubles I still have the dandalions that haunt my lawn they never seem to cut off the stems i think they are spring steel or something

retrodog
06-10-2011, 09:16 PM
We are running them right now, so much better than the Dixie chopper x-blades I was using. Seems a lot easier on my mowers. On the 26hp lc 60" it wouldn't even turn x-blades, with the megs they kickoff fine. So far I have them on 10 mowers, and everyone loves them. $60 to replace blades is a lot better than $120 for the x-blades, I don't think they are expensive at all, the blades last waaaay longer too...
Posted via Mobile Device

retrodog
06-10-2011, 09:28 PM
We are running them right now, so much better than the Dixie chopper x-blades I was using. Seems a lot easier on my mowers. On the 26hp lc 60" it wouldn't even turn x-blades, with the megs they kickoff fine. So far I have them on 10 mowers, and everyone loves them. $60 to replace blades is a lot better than $120 for the x-blades, I don't think they are expensive at all, the blades last waaaay longer too...
Posted via Mobile Device

MONTE
06-13-2011, 02:08 PM
$60 for three? If so they came down in price. I had them on a diesel 60" Dixie and they did not work at all. I had to run it at half throttle to get them to cut.

retrodog
06-13-2011, 10:27 PM
$4.95 a blade, 4 blades on each spindle= $60 bucks for all three spindles, or 16 blades. So far no complainers, just praises for them, as soon as I hear anything I will let you guys know, but so far they are some mowing monsters especially on my 36hp vanguard 61" Outlaw....

MJB
06-14-2011, 10:42 AM
$4.95 a blade, 4 blades on each spindle= $60 bucks for all three spindles, or 16 blades. So far no complainers, just praises for them, as soon as I hear anything I will let you guys know, but so far they are some mowing monsters especially on my 36hp vanguard 61" Outlaw....

Have you ever tried them on wet grass? What height are you cutting? I have not heard anyone up north say anything good about them, maybe the difference in grass is the problem. I'd like to try them sometime. I doublecut everything anyway.

retrodog
06-14-2011, 03:56 PM
I have a crew borrowing mine today, but I am going to do a demo over in Rockwall this week and we will hit a fresh sprinkled yard to test them out. Nick is running them on a 31hp 61" Outlaw here, he mows alot of sprinkled high end yards, and likes them, says they do really well. I hate to give someone else's opinion though, would rather see for myself then let you know. I will let you know this weekend, $239 bucks is alot to drop on blades if they aren't gonna mow good for you up there. I don't see how they can't mow better, unless they are spinning so fast with so many blades that the grass doesn't suck up to get cut off...., but that doesn't make any sense because the suction is incredible, I just put a set on a 60" lightning 26 lc, and was worried the motor couldn't handle them (won't hardly even start an x-blade), and I put the deck to the ground while sitting still and it sucked the sod right out of the ground and left a weird bald spot in the yard....lol. I am curious on tall bahaia grass if it will suck it up or leave stragglers.... So far everyone here says they are bad-a and they all actually say that...

LaLawnGuy
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I have a crew borrowing mine today, but I am going to do a demo over in Rockwall this week and we will hit a fresh sprinkled yard to test them out. Nick is running them on a 31hp 61" Outlaw here, he mows alot of sprinkled high end yards, and likes them, says they do really well. I hate to give someone else's opinion though, would rather see for myself then let you know. I will let you know this weekend, $239 bucks is alot to drop on blades if they aren't gonna mow good for you up there. I don't see how they can't mow better, unless they are spinning so fast with so many blades that the grass doesn't suck up to get cut off...., but that doesn't make any sense because the suction is incredible, I just put a set on a 60" lightning 26 lc, and was worried the motor couldn't handle them (won't hardly even start an x-blade), and I put the deck to the ground while sitting still and it sucked the sod right out of the ground and left a weird bald spot in the yard....lol. I am curious on tall bahaia grass if it will suck it up or leave stragglers.... So far everyone here says they are bad-a and they all actually say that...

I'd really like to know about that bahaia, I'm in rural Louisiana and all I've got right now(at least on my non irrigated yards) is bahaia.
Posted via Mobile Device