PDA

View Full Version : Honda HRC Owners

All_Toro_4ME
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Have you noticed an excessive build up of dirt around the gas cap on these particular models? It seems everytime it needs to be refueled, it has a thick layer of dirt around the threads and perimeter of the gas cap.

jcbabb
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I notice that around the oil cap, but not the gas cap.

I'm curious if you've tried any alternative blades. I'm looking at the Oregon replacements, but I wonder if you have tried using gators. I don't typically bag, but I feel like the double blade setup really bogs it down when you get into taller grass.

All_Toro_4ME
06-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Havent tried any alternative blades yet. I may look into the oregons. The oem blades for the honda hrc seem really fragile. They chip a lot easier then the blades on my proline. I dont bag at all during this time of year. I'll use the bag this fall. Just thought it was odd they collect so much dirt in those areas. For me, its oil cap and underneath and around the gas cap.

JABBERS
06-25-2011, 02:24 PM
How do these mowers do ditches? What about rear discharge? Got quoted $999 out the door for the self propelled hrc

All_Toro_4ME
06-27-2011, 09:56 AM
They do ditches fine, pretty much like any other 21''. They are a little heavy so you might keep that in mind. As far as rear discharge, there's an optional attachment to fit on the rear chute to discharge clippings to the side.