PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Pro S75X Review

truckn
06-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I wasn't planning on buying new, but after my brother managed to run my bobcat walkbehind without a dip stick in it I was forced to look for a new mower. I walked out the door paying $6,100 for the 26 HP Kawasaki/52'' model. I also got the 0% financing deal. It was too good to pass up.

Cut- Much better than my old Bobcat. I like how the bigger chute discharges. I have yet to cut in wet grass. All lawns have been cut at 4'' and it doesn't leave any stringers at that height. I noticed a few stringers when I messed around with it set at 4.5''.

Ride- This mower rides as well as any ZTR I've ever been on. The seat does a great job of isolating the rider from the mower. I do wish the knee pads were a little more breathable.

Hills- I am still getting used to this mower, but it seems to hold hills going up and down them better than going across them.

Overall I love this thing so far. It's very maneuverable and offers a great cut for the price.

samendolaro
06-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Glad to see you like it .

I've been to the snapper pro dealer several times over the past few weeks contemplating the purchase of a S75X as well. My dealer only had the evolutions for me to look at. So I have never seen the S75 in the flesh.

Did you have the opportunity to try out the 22hp model .. I am struggling with the idea of the extra $800 for the FX 26 or sticking with the FS 22. I haven't actually been able to see one or hear from someone who had the 22hp model to see if the S75X is underpowered with that motor.

Anything you didn't like about it ?

Thanks

Scott

I have to make my mind up in the next two weeks before that $1000 off goes away..

Shasta Lake Landscaping
06-25-2011, 01:15 AM
I have the 22hp model, it doesn't have any problems on power, I dont cut anything insanely high though, it has plenty of power for going up hills, it's a beast. I cut a lot of really hilly lawns, it doesnt get traction quite like a regular zero turn but I think a lot of that has to do with my weight, 140lbs. I might upgrade to different tires. I also wish there was a large bagging unit available, instead of the small, side grass catchers. The icd deck cuts awesome though, I never bag anyway. It's a really well built unit too, one of the best imo.

CJFDFF
07-07-2011, 11:59 PM
I first off have to say its nice to see people in the same industry using the same mowers as i do. I bought my first s75 this season and now have 4 total. I have to say this is one of the best mowers I have ever used and a very easy mower to teach someone to use. I love the ICD deck and the mulch kit on that deck is great, no clumping or windrows. I do wish that the knee pads were more breathable but can live with it for short periods of time. I wish that snapper would offer a 36" model, i would replace all of my wb that we use to get into gated back yards and tight areas.

truckn
07-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Glad to see you like it .

I've been to the snapper pro dealer several times over the past few weeks contemplating the purchase of a S75X as well. My dealer only had the evolutions for me to look at. So I have never seen the S75 in the flesh.

Did you have the opportunity to try out the 22hp model .. I am struggling with the idea of the extra $800 for the FX 26 or sticking with the FS 22. I haven't actually been able to see one or hear from someone who had the 22hp model to see if the S75X is underpowered with that motor.

Anything you didn't like about it ?

Thanks

Scott

I have to make my mind up in the next two weeks before that $1000 off goes away..
I didn't try out any 22HP models. I wanted the 26HP, because I would like to expand to cutting common grounds next year and maybe offering bi weekly cuts to some customers. I was a little worried about the gas consumption especialy after using walkbehinds for so long, but it's not that bad once the rings break in.

The only thing I would like to see is a gas tank on both sides. My mower holds hills much better going one way than the other direction since the deck sticks out further on that side and the tank is on that side. That's only on hills that I probably shouldn't even be on in the first place though.

You don't get any "trim" ability on the discharge side. The frame is pretty big for the 52". I haven't really noticed any issues since I try to trim with the discharge side out. This may weigh on your opinion if you choose to mulch.

Overall it's pretty dynamite for the money.

GMLC
07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Anyone have experience on steep hills with the S75X? Im very interested but mow lots of hills.

truckn
07-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I first off have to say its nice to see people in the same industry using the same mowers as i do. I bought my first s75 this season and now have 4 total. I have to say this is one of the best mowers I have ever used and a very easy mower to teach someone to use. I love the ICD deck and the mulch kit on that deck is great, no clumping or windrows. I do wish that the knee pads were more breathable but can live with it for short periods of time. I wish that snapper would offer a 36" model, i would replace all of my wb that we use to get into gated back yards and tight areas.

I thought about that too, but that area gets heat from the engine bay so any gain from breathable material would be counteracted by heat from the engine getting on your legs.

And yes a 36" would be nice.

truckn
07-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Anyone have experience on steep hills with the S75X? Im very interested but mow lots of hills.

I need to get some pictures of a few hills I've cut with it. I would rate it behind a Stander, but ahead of most ZTRs. And if you lose it you can jump off the back so I feel safer on it than a traditional ZTR.

Snapper Jack
07-08-2011, 09:45 PM

A local Ferris dealer has the 36" Evo and trimming production would be on the negative side. The deck is dead nuts even with front caster and back tire outer edges.