PDA

View Full Version : Toro DFS Bagger

williamslawn
10-15-2002, 10:33 PM
Does anyone use the Toro DFS bagger? If so, how do you like it? I am NOT impressed with mine. I spend more time unclogging the chute than anything else. Am I the only one with this problem? If anyone is using it what blades are you using? I have a 62" Deck with the 23hp Kholer is it under powered?:confused:

Green Pastures
10-16-2002, 12:01 PM
I demo'd one thinking I'd buy it, :nono: before I had gone 5 minutes into the demo I knew :nono: not for me. I hated that thing. Those big weights on the front castering wheels left big ruts. I was thinking to myself what will happen if I have to mow when it's wet??? I did'nt have a problem with it clogging but it was this summer. HOT and DRY. It did fill up rather quickly though, and there was no alarm to tell you "hey, I'm full" I had to keep stopping to check it. It was also a really bouncy ride.

I got a Walker about a week ago, it was $11,500.00 but I'll tell ya, best peice of equipment I've purchased to date. I love it.

Scott

mowin at the lake
10-16-2002, 06:25 PM
Ive got the 62 inch LQ and it does pretty good on dry grass.
The problem with mine is in the hydros.
It has been to the dealer 5 times for wheel motor and or pump replacement!!!!
The machine has 410hours on it.

Toro said next time it happens they will get me a new machine.

williamslawn
10-16-2002, 09:14 PM
What's been wrong with your pumps? I bought 2 this year. One has 225 hrs and the one with the bagger has 62 hrs on it. The one with 62hrs was acting very strange today.

williamslawn
10-17-2002, 11:57 AM
last post not showing up?

mowin at the lake
10-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Aprox. every 70 hrs one goes out...
I Bought the mower new this spring.
it has the older style pumps.
I don't know if that is the reason