PDA

View Full Version : I knew Stihl equipment was tough!

Mikegyver
06-10-2011, 11:12 PM
I was talking to a good friend of mine tonight. He and his son were up in Joplin cleaning up. They were back in the woods up there and found a handheld stihl blower. It had obviously had flown a ways as it was out away from houses and such. Parts were broken off and the tube was gone. His son took it back to a chain saw trailer and filled it with gas...it started on the 2nd pull...
Thats why i use stihl.
mike

THEGOLDPRO
06-10-2011, 11:13 PM
So they stole someones blower form their shed?

Mikegyver
06-10-2011, 11:21 PM
The tornado did.
mike

topsites
06-11-2011, 12:56 AM
The tornado did.
mike

Now that's funny, yeah...
I don't suppose it's going to be easy finding its rightful owner.

Mikegyver
06-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Nope.
The son was prepared to fix it totally (he is a sell taught stihl mechanic who apparently can fix anything) but there was no need for that. Trust me I am not making any bit of this up...the guy is probably going to be a worker for me at some point.
mike

STIHL GUY
06-11-2011, 11:50 AM
wow thats pretty crazy.

MOW ED
06-11-2011, 12:07 PM
They are tough but I bet the damn toolless gas cap was broken.

Mikegyver
06-11-2011, 07:40 PM
It would not have mattered anyways...he was working at a stihl outfitted trailer with EVERY part imaginable...I talked with the son today and he put a emphasis on how far from a house it was...
He will be on my crew soon.
mike

Think Green
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I will tell you all this...........After our big accident back 3 years ago, when a boy texting hit us broadside at a stop sign, Stihl products will take a flight through the air and hit the highway like a trooper. However, the shafts were bent, a few shrouds were cracked, and spark plugs broken.........they survived long enough for insurance to redeem them.
By the time we replaced small parts and labor........it was cheaper to buy new again.
Other than that our blowers have come off the trailer a couple of times from emps not strapping them down............they will take a whacking just fine.

lawnboy dan
06-12-2011, 08:08 AM
being tough and reliable are 2 seperate things

Mikegyver
06-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Some what true...but something has to be tough to be reliable.
mike

Think Green
06-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Reliable is being tough enough to take the abuse of all day work.

Echo is truly a piece of equipment that is tough but newer components aren't reliable.
Stihl is tough and reliable.We don't always get what we pay for.

lawnboy dan
06-12-2011, 06:29 PM
well most of my sthil has been anything but reliable. i am tru with them.