PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice on Exmark 36 Metro

camry111
06-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi, I just Bought an Exmark 36 metro with ECS handles. Does anyone have advice on this mower? This is the first mower of this style I have ever owned. Seems like its a little difficult to drive. Is this just me or is it just going to take some time to get use too? It seems to drive me instead of me drivin it.

Also the mower height adjustment is a pain. You can adjust at Axle, Blades and Castors. What is the best way to adjust blades? Back axle is set at positon D and I have 1 spacer on Blade. Any advice on this? Thanks.

elitelawnteam1
06-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I've used an Exmark with ecs before, and it takes some getting used to, In my opinion, it's much better than pistol grips. It may be difficut to manuever the machine (since you are using a belt drive) the handles make it very hard because of the angle of where they're at.

As far as height adjustment goes, I've never adjusted the blades, only the front casters. If you have to change the height of them on the go, just drive on side just over the trailer, change it, and repeat for the other one.

hope you get some more answers

STIHL GUY
06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
i agree with elitelawnteam. its going to take some getting used to but once you log some hours on it itll be a breeze. the only way i ever change mowing heights is by the casters as well. good luck with the new mower

camry111
06-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. Yes , I think its going to take some time to get use to. Did much better today.
Also on adjusting the height of the cut. Im trying to find a happy medium to where I only have to adjust the castors. Based on the owner manual, Setting the axle on positon D, which it is already set on, and having 2 spacers on the blade, I will be able to adjust between 2 3/4 inch and 3 1/2 inch using just the Castors. Dont know if that makes sense but it seems to work just fine. Thanks again.