PDA

View Full Version : What time do you usually start work on the weekends?

POWER STROKE
06-11-2011, 08:03 AM
I was just wondering what time everyone starts work at when you have to work on the weekends.

fireman gus
06-11-2011, 08:17 AM
We start our commercial properties at 5am. Try to get things done so by mid-afternoon we are free to enjoy life.

elitelawnteam1
06-11-2011, 08:26 AM
usually, I start my residentials at 8am (on weekdays) on Saturday, I start at 8:30am

gravelyman50
06-11-2011, 08:35 AM
9:00 on saturdays, bought ready to leave right now, got rained out this week... again.

MR-G
06-11-2011, 08:37 AM
in the RARE case we work on saturday we will start at 9am...never before 9....on weekdays we start at 8-830....for residentials.........now for commercial work we will start at 7-730 and only if no homes nearby....most local ordinance laws have noise restrictions before 8am....not too many will enforce it unless they get a call.....ive had to call on a company mowing a house behind ours at 7am on a sunday morning....they received a warning from the pd and never come before 9am now...its the guys who arent considerate of the residential game that get things like blowers banned in california....yes several small towns in ca. have banned the use of blowers altogether.....keep it up earlybirds and we will all be using old push reels and hand clippers...lol

White Gardens
06-11-2011, 09:10 AM
When I work on Saturdays, I generally start at my leisure. I do my mow route and a few odds and ends on Sat. I don't get too hot to trot to work when I've already put in 60+ hours of work already during the week, and luckily my mow route isn't much to deal with.

Darryl G
06-11-2011, 09:22 AM
9:20 here on Saturday morning sipping my coffee and not even thinking of loading up yet. Only 3 lawns to mow so I'm in no rush. I don't usally work Saturdays, or at least I never used to. It seems that so far this season working Saturday has become the norm.

jetedwardz
06-11-2011, 09:31 AM
9:20 here on Saturday morning sipping my coffee and not even thinking of loading up yet. Only 3 lawns to mow so I'm in no rush. I don't usally work Saturdays, or at least I never used to. It seems that so far this season working Saturday has become the norm.

diddo i got 5 small lawns all in town and actually one is mine so .....i do have to replace my front brake pads tho and im gonna let the drizzle subside a bit

cut level
06-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I wish we could get a rain we need one bad even with all the early rains we had! West tn
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
06-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I got up at 7am and my wife and I went to the Farmer's market. I work all week and don't work on the weekend at all. Good luck boys.

STIHL GUY
06-11-2011, 11:26 AM
7:00 on weekends. there are some accounts that i wont do untill a bit later but most dont mind me starting early

Darryl G
06-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Almost noon now...hmmm...maybe I'll just skip it today..........

STIHL GUY
06-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Almost noon now...hmmm...maybe I'll just skip it today..........

haha its been raining all morning here...no mowing today

Richard Martin
06-11-2011, 12:16 PM
diddo i got 5 small lawns all in town and actually one is mine so .....

It's "ditto", not diddo.

I don't schedule anything for Fridays so I am guaranteed never to have to work weekends. That's when the scrubs and part-timers work.

TNGrassCutter
06-11-2011, 05:15 PM
It's "ditto", not diddo.

I don't schedule anything for Fridays so I am guaranteed never to have to work weekends. That's when the scrubs and part-timers work.

Same here I have a light schedule Friday so I can work people in if needed, so rarely working on weekends. Hanging out by the pool today and working around the house.
Posted via Mobile Device

Km81
06-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Im on the boat every weekend.

StanWilhite
06-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Hey Darryl, reminds me of an old retired buddy of mine. Someone asked him about what he does now that he's retired, and he said, "nothing.....and I don't start that until about 10:30"!
:laugh:

GMLC
06-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I try to leave saturdays open for rain days and equipment maintenance. 8 am is my normal start time.
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
If mowing, 1000, other stuff maybe 900 at best
Posted via Mobile Device

JB1
06-11-2011, 08:16 PM
we were at the first hole at 8 if that counts.

ProStreetCamaro
06-11-2011, 08:21 PM
On the rare occasion I have to play catchup on the weekend I will start at 8am on saturday or 9am on sunday. I pull up to my first resi every day at 7am in the heat of summer. Knock on wood have never had anybody complain.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
8:00 for us and yes we normally work both sat and sun this time of year and no we are not part timers, we are just that busy this time of year. It is o.k. if you don't want to work weekends but be careful not to s#@t on those who want to bust ass and get further ahead.
Posted via Mobile Device

coopmaster
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
It's "ditto", not diddo.

On Saturdays I start at 9:00 and usually have only 5 yards. And no I am not a srub or part-timer.

nepatsfan
06-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Not a scrub or part timer either....worked 7am to 7:30 p.m. Doing a patio walkway and stairs though...not mowing.

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
06-11-2011, 10:21 PM
depends on how the night before went...could be 9am. 11am. 1pm. 2pm. or not at all lol

Chevy z71
06-11-2011, 10:31 PM
8:30 or 9:00.

Darryl G
06-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey Darryl, reminds me of an old retired buddy of mine. Someone asked him about what he does now that he's retired, and he said, "nothing.....and I don't start that until about 10:30"!
:laugh:

I was semi-retired for 5 years or so but since my retirement funds took a dive as did my real estate investiments I'm working full time at this now. I guess 40 was a little too young to retire anyway, rofl.

SunState Lawn Care inc
06-11-2011, 11:20 PM
We don't work on weekends unless we get rained out during the week. Weekends are spent with the family enjoying life. When I was younger I worked daylight to dark and 6 days a week. The older I get the smarter...... or just older I get LOL.

Bob_n_weave
06-12-2011, 12:31 AM
8:00 on weekdays, 9:30 on weekends if needed.

XLS
06-12-2011, 12:47 AM
5:30am wake up 6:30location meetings happen with job orders 6:45am departure7-7:30 1st job.....lunch 12 noon and work untill dark7 days a week....just to keep up every where...I hold a meeting at 10 pm with all the managers at one time online then off to bed. rai or shine
Posted via Mobile Device

jplawnmaint
06-12-2011, 10:41 AM
5:30am wake up 6:30location meetings happen with job orders 6:45am departure7-7:30 1st job.....lunch 12 noon and work untill dark7 days a week....just to keep up every where...I hold a meeting at 10 pm with all the managers at one time online then off to bed. rai or shine
Posted via Mobile Device

X2. That's how we've been running since April. Its finally slowing down. Now we down to 6 days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sammy
06-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Weekends are for golf and b'bq's.

JB1
06-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Weekends are for golf and b'bq's.

you got that right.

Penncare
06-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I start at daybreak cutting large areas that take a good bit of time, mostly church properties which have few people around. I finish around 9:30.

jsslawncare
06-12-2011, 04:17 PM
After reading some of the posts, I ask myself "why" Why would you want to be so big or have so much that you have to work like this. In my beginning I worked 5 to 6 days a week. I never said no. Now, I rarely say yes. I had a call the other day and I talked the lady into giving her grass cutter another chance before firing him. My 2 story house is 10 yrs old, me and my wife both have newer cars. Weekend home in the mtns. My wife stays at home with our 3 kids. Don't get me wrong I'm not bragging, just making a point to have this you don't have to work like this. Weekends are not for work for me any more. My kids are growing up too fast.

ProStreetCamaro
06-12-2011, 04:32 PM
After reading some of the posts, I ask myself "why" Why would you want to be so big or have so much that you have to work like this. In my beginning I worked 5 to 6 days a week. I never said no. Now, I rarely say yes. I had a call the other day and I talked the lady into giving her grass cutter another chance before firing him. My 2 story house is 10 yrs old, me and my wife both have newer cars. Weekend home in the mtns. My wife stays at home with our 3 kids. Don't get me wrong I'm not bragging, just making a point to have this you don't have to work like this. Weekends are not for work for me any more. My kids are growing up too fast.

I say this over and over again on this website. It is all based on your location. Your cost of living and housing is WAY less than it is in some areas. We just paid $570,000 for our 2700sq/ft house on 3 acres. Same setup lets say down in south carolina would have cost us $150,000. Good luck doing and owning everything you do in my area. Luckily my wife makes between 150K to 200K a year or else we could not survive in this area on what I make alone. Not even if I worked daylight to dark 7 days a week I still could not make enough to support both of us in this nice house and property.

SunState Lawn Care inc
06-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I say this over and over again on this website. It is all based on your location. Your cost of living and housing is WAY less than it is in some areas. We just paid $570,000 for our 2700sq/ft house on 3 acres. Same setup lets say down in south carolina would have cost us $150,000. Good luck doing and owning everything you do in my area. Luckily my wife makes between 150K to 200K a year or else we could not survive in this area on what I make alone. Not even if I worked daylight to dark 7 days a week I still could not make enough to support both of us in this nice house and property.

Then move to a different area and have a smaller house payment so you can enjoy life instead of working life away. If you have children I promise they would rather have a different cheaper house and mom and dad home to spend more time with.

SLMGT
06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
6:00am during daylight savings time.

Snapper Jack
06-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Then move to a different area and have a smaller house payment so you can enjoy life instead of working life away. If you have children I promise they would rather have a different cheaper house and mom and dad home to spend more time with.
I agree,we all choose our destinies in this world and certain priorities take precedence over others.

TheGoat
06-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't work weekends. During the week I start my commercials at 5:00am and get into the residentials around 9 most days

Deland FL lawn service (www.hungrygoatlawns.com)

nepatsfan
06-13-2011, 09:31 PM

I agree,we all choose our destinies in this world and certain priorities take precedence over others.

Unfortunately it is not an option for some of us...I would love to live somewhere down south where there is no snow and a beautiful house is 300k but unfortunately that is a starter house here. Would it be fair to the children to move them halfway across the country and they would never see their grandparents, aunts, uncles cousins? Dont be so quick to judge. there are a lot more factors than what is on the surface. Working 70-80 hours a week so I can sit at home all winter..other than plowing and I see my daughter every night and on sundays(i rarely work sundays) Hopefully in another 10 years I wont have to work much at all but I am not going to turn away work in a recession during our busiest time of the year so I can sit at home and post on lawnsite. We will slow down, usually in August and we can work 40-50 hours like normal people...then september will pick back up but daylight gets less and less.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
06-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Already posted on this thread on page 3 but here it is again. We are in the northeast. That being said, we have to make our money while the sun is shining. What I mean is we basically have 9 months to make all of our monies. Yes it would be nice if it snows but that is purly a bonus and can't be counted on. 300, 000 buys you a fixer upper here on cape cod. So yes we will work this time of year any day that there is a dollar to put in the bank. If you don't have to or don't want to that is good for you however no one should pass judgement on any one else. P.s.
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else at this stage of my life. I am blessed to live in one of the most beutiful areas in the U.S.
Posted via Mobile Device

SunState Lawn Care inc
06-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately it is not an option for some of us...I would love to live somewhere down south where there is no snow and a beautiful house is 300k but unfortunately that is a starter house here. Would it be fair to the children to move them halfway across the country and they would never see their grandparents, aunts, uncles cousins? Dont be so quick to judge. there are a lot more factors than what is on the surface. Working 70-80 hours a week so I can sit at home all winter..other than plowing and I see my daughter every night and on sundays(i rarely work sundays) Hopefully in another 10 years I wont have to work much at all but I am not going to turn away work in a recession during our busiest time of the year so I can sit at home and post on lawnsite. We will slow down, usually in August and we can work 40-50 hours like normal people...then september will pick back up but daylight gets less and less.

Who's judging? Don't get bent we make our own decisions in life as to what is more important. In 10 years your child will be getting grown. All I'm saying is Enjoy them while there young they grow up fast and leave home.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
06-14-2011, 12:16 PM
I was just wondering what time everyone starts work at when you have to work on the weekends.

Run all day Saturday til dark...

tuffram
06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I only work weekends if I get rained out a couple days during the week and for the last 8 weeks here in Bama rain has not be an issue at all rain has be nonexistent.