PDA

View Full Version : Just about ready to head to Pensacola

doug1980
06-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Next month my family and I are heading down to Florida from Alaska. We'll be driving down so we should be there around August 1st. Luckily we have a house in Crestview waiting for us. Now the hard part is finding a job. Looks like there are several opportunities on Eglin so I'll have to check those out.

fl-landscapes
06-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Next month my family and I are heading down to Florida from Alaska. We'll be driving down so we should be there around August 1st. Luckily we have a house in Crestview waiting for us. Now the hard part is finding a job. Looks like there are several opportunities on Eglin so I'll have to check those out.

Good luck with everything! Safe travels

FLAhaulboy
06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Better prepare yourself for the hot spell we are currently suffering through!

Brutal :cry:

JB1
06-11-2011, 09:10 PM

just curious, how long do you figure it will take, man thats a drive.

doug1980
06-11-2011, 10:15 PM
just curious, how long do you figure it will take, man thats a drive.

We got over a month to get there. In 2008 we drove from Indiana to Alaska and it took 6 days of course we didn't have a dog, 15 month old and the wife wasn't pregnant then. So we averaged 16 hours a day driving. This time we plan to sightsee and stop at Yellowstone and The Grand Canyon and maybe average 8 hours a day driving. Luckily we got a truck camper on this trip.

Where in Southern IN you from. Our house is in Otwell near Jasper. I guess that's where my roots are. Lived there most of my life.

JB1
06-11-2011, 10:28 PM
sounds like a good trip, I am about an hour east of Jasper around Corydon.