PDA

View Full Version : WB versatility?

JTlawns2
06-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I currently have a 36inch scag that i can take on any hill or bank with no problem. It does in 5 min what would normally take me 20 min to weedeat. No matter how steep the ditch or bank is it seems to stick right where i want it to. What i need though is a 48 inch or bigger wb and i was wondering what I should expect from a wb this size on the ditches and steep banks?

Thanks guys.

ed2hess
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
The one thing I noticed is that a 48" is a little harder to handle on steep banks. I used one of our hydro 36" units and it was worse than the belt drive. Turns up or not hill get squirrely with hydro.

ALC-GregH
06-11-2011, 04:35 PM
The added weight alone of a larger WB will cause it to crab walk on hills and banks. Doesn't matter what you get, it will want to slide and crab walk where the Scag doesn't.

GMLC
06-11-2011, 06:52 PM
WB's are by far the best on hills in my opinion. I run a 52" Scag WB and mow some crazy inclines and slopes. I want to test a stander but have a feeling it may not handle as well. Every few years I try to buy something new but always end up with another WB. The versatility is just awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get Some...
06-11-2011, 06:58 PM
My 62" toro hydro does well on hillside's...so do the 44's and 36...
The 36 probably handle's it best, but they all do well.