PDA

View Full Version : Product to Reduce Plant Stress in Hot temp

ed2hess
06-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know what the product is that you can spray on shrubs when you are planting to reduce water loss? Local nursery guy on radio was talking about it and I thought he said it was cloud cover? With temperatures at 100F now we need any help we can get.

Stillwater
06-12-2011, 09:58 AM
I have used a product called Wilt Pruf on occasion with excellent results. Ideally avoid installs in those temps but you already know this..... you gotta do what you gotta do.

PaperCutter
06-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Check out Moisturin. We've moved dogwoods and pieris in July with it, with amazing survival rates. My understanding is that it works via enzymatic action vs coating the leaf like WiltPruf.

Stillwater
06-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Check out Moisturin. We've moved dogwoods and pieris in July with it, with amazing survival rates. My understanding is that it works via enzymatic action vs coating the leaf like WiltPruf.

This is a excellent product, but it is a physical coating like wilt pruf that is what you want... when transplanting in extreem condition you want a physical protection this product is great in the winter.....

PaperCutter
06-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Whoops, disregard. Been a while since I've looked at the documentation - Moisturin does offer a physical barrier as well. If you ever want to kill an hour, call the company and ask to talk to the owner about Moisturin.

ed2hess
06-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info...hard to get people to understand that this is NOT the time to plant but we finally gave up. We just warn them big time that they will have to do some hand watering. We have a water truck with pump so we can do watering. We are getting close to water reduction down to
once a week so the water truck will come into the business. First time we had it ready. Our irrigation person goes in immediately and usually we end
up making some good money off modification needed after planting.