PDA

View Full Version : New pics

J. Peterson Grading
06-11-2011, 09:57 PM
We have been pretty busy, and its been tough to get any pics taken.

But here are a few from a couple jobs we have been doing lately.

First couple are of us/me installing a new patio off my new deck. Looks better now that everything is growing.

Next is us starting a new creek bank and trying out what might be my new Volvo BL71.

Not the best tool to use on a creek bank, but its been sitting and I just needed to try it on something. Over all not a bad unit, plenty of digging power, super smooth, and extremely quiet.

J. Peterson Grading
06-11-2011, 10:05 PM
More pics of the Volvo

Over Memorial day weekend we had a homeless person get into my salt storage shed and try and cook his dinner. Instead he cooked my building.

I got pretty lucky and no one was hurt.

I did loose some snow related equipment, but I am insured and will be able to replace it soon.

The building however is coming down, and we are not sure if we are going to put it back up at this time.

J.

And I bough a new truck.

WillieWonka1850
06-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Nice pics J. That really sucks about your shed but its good that no one got hurt and you didn't lose a whole lot.

Nice backhoe, too. I haven't seen any Volvo backhoes around here, mainly Case, Deere, CAT and JCB (British Junk lol)

I've put a few hours on a JCB 214E and I didn't like it, underpowered, cheaply made, just not a good machine.

Nice truck, too. Though I'd rather have the Cummins, but thats just me.

Dirtman2007
06-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Nice work, sucks about the shed.

I've spent a few minutes on one of those volvo backhoes. they are nice machines and you know I'm a volvo guy but they just cant keep up with a case or deere. but in the end it all comes down to the price.

coopers
06-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Nice to see some pics from ya J. Sorry to hear about the shed. Did you file charges?

I always wondered if you ever had a need for a backhoe. Nice to see people use them still. How's the volvo mini been doing?

J. Peterson Grading
06-13-2011, 08:40 PM
No. I didn't file charges. What can you do to a Homeless person.

Backhoe is sitting right now, just waiting to go out.

Volvo mini is working hard just about everyday. I am going to grade out some creek bank with it tommorrow.

I am renting an ASV Scout for the project we are on. Got a longer travel distance with a tight work area.

I will take a few pics of it

J.

stuvecorp
06-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Hate too hear about the shed but glad you're covered equipment wise and have time to get stuff replaced.

TLB? :confused: :)

coopers
06-13-2011, 11:53 PM
No. I didn't file charges. What can you do to a Homeless person.J.

How kind of you. :dancing:

Have you tried out any other TLB's or just the Volvo?

J. Peterson Grading
06-14-2011, 12:00 AM
I have ran Deeres, Cats, Case, New Holland. I like the Volvo. But its been awhile since I have been in another brand.

I will say, that its hard getting back in a TLB when I have spent so much in one of my excavators. That was made apparent today. Being able to Track, swing, and grab/dump all at once is something that a hoe just can't do. Excavators, for my line of work are just so much handier.

But, my excavators can't plow snow, and a Hoe can.

J.

Junior M
06-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I have ran Deeres, Cats, Case, New Holland. I like the Volvo. But its been awhile since I have been in another brand.

I will say, that its hard getting back in a TLB when I have spent so much in one of my excavators. That was made apparent today. Being able to Track, swing, and grab/dump all at once is something that a hoe just can't do. Excavators, for my line of work are just so much handier.

But, my excavators can't plow snow, and a Hoe can.

J.
Hoes can do a lot of things for a price... :dancing:

J. Peterson Grading
06-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Todays pics.

Picked up and got to use our rental scout today.

Seems to work pretty well, and speeds things up quite a bit.

Cell phone pics.

stuvecorp
06-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Do you think the Scout can last?

bobcat_ron
06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
They are still better and faster than the small Morooka and Yanmar dumpers, and you can carry a victim with you while you go bush whacking.
Posted via Mobile Device

J. Peterson Grading
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
We had yet another rain day today, so I took the guys on a field trip over to the American Pickers Shop In Leclaire Iowa. Then we went to the John Deere Pavilion.

I got to play with a Deere Excavator Simulator that was there. Granted I had to fight it out with some 8 year olds, but I did get some "Seat Time"

Pretty cool deal. You could feel the platform move and react the same way an excavator does when you pull in a big bucket. You could chose control patterns, and you had to load a truck during the simulation. But, I must have been sitting in a 50D or something, because it took like 50 buckets to fill a D250 Deere/Bell truck.

The guys told me I had my mean operator face on, and I had a small groups of kids watching me play the gam,.. I mean run the machine.

J.

murray83
06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Now we know what you really want for fathers day lol

ksss
06-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Deere had that "simulator" at ConExpo. Pretty cool. I would look to have one at home.

bobcat_ron
06-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Deere had that "simulator" at ConExpo. Pretty cool. I would look to have one at home.

What? Then you are taking your work home with you.

Forget that, give me a woman simulator instead, I can practice using my pick up lines with a simulated hot babe.

J. Peterson Grading
06-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I thought your woman simulator was in the palm of your hand...

J.

bobcat_ron
06-16-2011, 11:20 PM

J.

Naww, ever since my hand tremors started I've had to resort to other methods and techniques. And I exceeded my BlackBerry monthly downloading limit. Damn smart phones.

T Scapes
06-19-2011, 10:58 PM
nice work you got any pics of the deere tractors or the newest pt80

coopers
06-19-2011, 11:55 PM
X2 to what cat asked. Ksss, you're due for a photo thread too sir.
Posted via Mobile Device

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Now we know what you really want for fathers day lol

J.

i thought it would be a cool little video game for my little son and i.....but at the price of $10,250 i just cant do it! I'll just have to stick to my wife for a simulator! Could buy a freakin machine for that price!

coopers
06-25-2011, 07:07 AM
J,

How many yards does the scout carry? You do a lot of creek related work. What generally brings you out there for that type of work? Do they have you restabalizing the creek slopes and stuff or what?
Posted via Mobile Device

J. Peterson Grading
06-25-2011, 03:04 PM
^^Funny you should ask.^^

After what seemed to be endless rain delays, we finally wrapped this project up today.

We ended up rocking 3 back yard banks, and hope to start on the largest of the 4 involved with this project in the next few weeks.

After we place the stone, we finish grade, and prep the area so we can restore everything we touched during the project.

We use different types of seeds, depending on where or what we are seeding. Banks get a water way/wild flower mix, and the yards get some type of a turf blend depending on sunlight conditions. We always use straw mattes for cover on the slopes and blown straw on the yards.

Over all this one ended up pretty nice and the property owners are happy with the out come. In total we have restored and stabilized 8 yard banks along this stretch of creek in the past 2 years.

J.

J. Peterson Grading
06-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Some more pics

Jelinek61
06-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Nice work, I always wanted to try one of those scouts. They look like they could go through anything.

T Scapes
06-25-2011, 06:48 PM
awesome work J turned out awesome

coopers
06-25-2011, 07:08 PM
REALLY nice work J! I really enjoy seeing your work and equipment.

YardGal
06-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Really nice!

crab
06-28-2011, 11:27 PM
:)work looks great ,and for Ron we call those tremors the stranger down here!

bobcat_ron
06-28-2011, 11:41 PM
:)work looks great ,and for Ron we call those tremors the stranger down here!

The "strangers" go away after a few days in the sexy 277C. Yum yum yummy.
Posted via Mobile Device

crab
06-28-2011, 11:44 PM
damn you cat loving bastard,they never go away in my deer.try sitting on youre hand for a while

bobcat_ron
06-29-2011, 10:01 AM
damn you cat loving bastard,they never go away in my deer.try sitting on youre hand for a while

Yuck, then I end up playing a game of "smell my thumb" with a random stranger.

J. Peterson Grading
07-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Another week, another creek bank.

Some during and after shots

J.

J. Peterson Grading
07-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Finished project

coopers
07-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Do the creeks in your area not flood or if they do they don't get that violent?

stuvecorp
07-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Looks good J.

Is that blown straw? Sure is laying down nice.

J. Peterson Grading
07-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Coopers.

We rock for "up to" a 2 Inch rain fall. Then, the grasses we plant handle the rest of the flow if we were to get more. Most creek erosion happens on a day to day type of water flow. It takes a flood for people to see what the creeks are realy doing.

Stuve.

The slopes are grass matted, and normally we blow the flat. But on this one we couldn't get the blower back here so we hand spread it. Roughly 6 bales in total.

J.

coopers
07-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Coopers.

We rock for "up to" a 2 Inch rain fall. Then, the grasses we plant handle the rest of the flow if we were to get more. Most creek erosion happens on a day to day type of water flow. It takes a flood for people to see what the creeks are really doing.
J.

I see. I just wasn't sure what type of precipitation you guys get and how your creeks react to that percip.

johndeereguy
07-26-2011, 09:17 AM
J, are you still interested in my Snow Ex 7500 spreader? Let me know, I am looking to get rid of it. Hope you are having a productive year.

YardGal
07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Finished project

looks good!

KrayzKajun
07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
nice work!!

J. Peterson Grading
08-18-2011, 11:13 PM
New truck pics.

Moving my MX35 today.

J.

J. Peterson Grading
08-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I got to run the new Volvo CTL tonight.

Over all a WAY WAY better unit than the JCB Robot I rented last year.

Quite a bit of power, super Super nice cab, and they improved on the bucket sight as well

J.

bobcat_ron
08-19-2011, 09:46 PM
That's got to be a wild feeling, glass all around like an excavator yet a loader on one side.

Bleed Green
08-19-2011, 11:42 PM
So the Volvo CTL is one armed like the JCB it looks like.
Posted via Mobile Device

J. Peterson Grading
08-20-2011, 12:16 AM
It is a JCB, just painted in Volvo colors.

J

stuvecorp
08-20-2011, 12:21 AM
What do you think of the Dodge so far?

J. Peterson Grading
08-20-2011, 12:31 AM
I like My new 2500 quite a bit, but I have only drove this one once, the day I picked it up.

So far, my guys like it. Its just nice not having to worry about using it, then having to fix something.

J.

stuvecorp
08-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Yeah, but isn't half the fun not knowing what will or won't work for the day? :)

Your Volvo dealer must be a big player in town?

WillieWonka1850
08-20-2011, 01:21 AM

Quite a bit of power, super Super nice cab, and they improved on the bucket sight as well

J.
Good to hear that. I was really wondering if the Volvo JCB skids were gonna be as bad as the JCB ones. I demoed a JCB Robot CTL back when my uncle was thinking about getting a JCB robot, neither of us liked it, no power. Luckily the salesman from the dealer never called us back. Good!

coopers
08-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Did you buy this or are you just renting it to see if you like it enough?
Posted via Mobile Device

Digdeep
08-20-2011, 08:49 PM

J.

My buddy at Bobcat siad they hooked their mulcher up to JCB's largest CTL abd you could actually see the boom flexing so much that it almost contacted the cab. Granted, I don't know how many will end up with mulchers on them, but they don't think the boom would make it 500 hours in the field in that application before the cab interferred with the boom movement. I wouldn't be shocked to see JCB gusset the loader tower. A mulcher weighs in at around 2300lbs.

J. Peterson Grading
08-20-2011, 10:15 PM
This is a machine that I won't be getting anytime soon, ok ever. But, given the chance to operate something "New" I jumped at it. Thats all its going to be on my end.

J.

Giles_uk
08-21-2011, 11:15 AM
jcb lifetime guarantee the arm... and your mate at bobcat, im sure that was an impartial opinion.... lol

Digdeep
08-21-2011, 12:28 PM
jcb lifetime guarantee the arm... and your mate at bobcat, im sure that was an impartial opinion.... lol

So I guess if the loader fails in 500hrs then that's the like time of the loader :-)

In fairness I've never seen a failed loader on one; however, JCB only sold about 150 of them in the US last year.

Maybe J can take his skip and put some dirt into it to cycle the loader up and down to see if the tower flexes? I do like the work they did on the cab even though you can't reach the door to close it when its open all the way and you're in the seat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Giles_uk
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
jcb make a lot of loadall/telehandlers with capacity upto 9 tons lift think they can build an arm for these, if it were a US make wouldn't get half the uniformed criticisms they do, although they are designed and manufactured in the states.

ppl dont like change as well, they see different as bad not pioneering :)

Digdeep
08-21-2011, 12:43 PM
jcb make a lot of loadall/telehandlers with capacity upto 9 tons lift think they can build an arm for these, if it were a US make wouldn't get half the uniformed criticisms they do, although they are designed and manufactured in the states.

ppl dont like change as well, they see different as bad not pioneering :)

Agree with your comments; however, a skid steer is a different animal compared to a telehandler... It's life is spent spinning, prying, ramming, cycling, etc. A telehandler lifts stuff to either position it and.....

JCB only just "redesigned" the SSL "in the US". Previously the machines still had European fittings, significant issues regarding parts costs and availability, and a very poor US distribution. They may have rectified the first two; however, their dealer network will take time to fix.

They already rule the worldwide Backhoe market, yet are a bit player here in the US. They are a neat company, but they have struggled in the US for many years. It will be interesting to see how it works out for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Digdeep
08-21-2011, 12:49 PM
This is a machine that I won't be getting anytime soon, ok ever. But, given the chance to operate something "New" I jumped at it. Thats all its going to be on my end.

I would have jumped at the chance too. I think they did a real nice job on the appearance, and spec wise they don't look too bad.

J.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat_ron
08-21-2011, 01:40 PM
My buddy at Bobcat siad they hooked their mulcher up to JCB's largest CTL abd you could actually see the boom flexing so much that it almost contacted the cab. Granted, I don't know how many will end up with mulchers on them, but they don't think the boom would make it 500 hours in the field in that application before the cab interferred with the boom movement. I wouldn't be shocked to see JCB gusset the loader tower. A mulcher weighs in at around 2300lbs.

Every Bobcat sales and factory representative will take a competitor's machine and try to highlight the most insignificant weakness and turn it into a propaganda money maker for them, just like ASV did for their patented track system versus the steel and rubber system.
Everything is just a pissing match now.

Digdeep
08-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Every Bobcat sales and factory representative will take a competitor's machine and try to highlight the most insignificant weakness and turn it into a propaganda money maker for them, just like ASV did for their patented track system versus the steel and rubber system.
Everything is just a pissing match now.

Agreed. One of my favorites was that guy in the Bobcat videos that slammed his fingers in the door of the JD and the CAT to prove that you couldn't get a good door seal. I thought the purpose of the rubber seal was to conform and compress to make a good seal????
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat_ron
08-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Agreed. One of my favorites was that guy in the Bobcat videos that slammed his fingers in the door of the JD and the CAT to prove that you couldn't get a good door seal. I thought the purpose of the rubber seal was to conform and compress to make a good seal????
Posted via Mobile Device

HAHA, I tried that for the first time on my brother's 277C in May, hurt like hell, squeezed my fingers tight, seems the Bobcat idiot did it with the side windows CLOSED and henceforth created pressure inside the cab which doesn't allow the door to slam shut properly, I did it with the side windows OPEN and f*ck me it hurt. :laugh:

My Jeep Wrangler is the same way, I always open the side windows a crack to get the doors to slam shut, just like a Peterbilt truck cab.

J. Peterson Grading
09-27-2011, 10:22 PM
We've been building a big retaining wall over the last couple weeks. Lots of red tape, and hold ups, but we are finally on to the finish rough grade tommorrow. then we get to wait for a concrete crew to put in a sidewalk so we can do the rest of our landscaping install.

J.

J. Peterson Grading
09-27-2011, 10:24 PM
More pics of this project

coopers
09-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Looks good! You been able to keep all your machines running this past summer?

J. Peterson Grading
09-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Its been interesting.

Mostly city/government work. My usual home owner type work has been almost non-existant this year.

J.

AEL
09-28-2011, 02:06 AM
You should def look into a tracked carrier for your work. Just bought a canycom s25a . Try it once and I guarantee you will want one. I'm sure you guys could keep one quite busy.
Posted via Mobile Device

GWhunter
09-28-2011, 08:41 PM
It looks like your using Allan Blocks there. I can see there inconsistancy is common in your area too. Those damn blocks give me fits. There corner blocks are the worst.

Matt

J. Peterson Grading
09-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Yes, these are allan blocks, and we hate them!!!!!!!

We had the vender out 5 or 6 time to inspect how bad some of the blocks were.

J.

Jelinek61
09-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Nice retaining wall. How do you like the remote control sheepsfoot compactor?

Also, that new dodge contractor dump you got is pretty awesome. Nice purchase.

GWhunter
09-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes, these are allan blocks, and we hate them!!!!!!!

We had the vender out 5 or 6 time to inspect how bad some of the blocks were.

J.

I had my vendor out also, they seemed not to care at all. Kind what ever attitude to the point I through them out. Total POS blocks.

Matt

stuvecorp
09-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Did you have to build that temporary fence? How did you like that roller? Was the Allen block speced for that?

J. Peterson Grading
09-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes. we had to build the temp fence. It took 3 days to build it, and 20 for the owner to decide to let us do it. WE had to have a Hydro jet excavator dig all the post holes as well. Only around 200 of them. Way to many un-marked fibre lines running through here.

The roller is nice, but its not a remote unit, you hve to push and pull levers and walk behind it. It will shake the shi* out of the ground, so much so that the hospital would only let us use it after 4pm everyday. Something about it knocking a lazer surgery tool out of wack.

The block was speced, then changed to another product, then changed back because the other type didn't have enough black swirl to it.

J.

coopers
09-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Something about it knocking a lazer surgery tool out of wack.
J.

Minor details.

Cornell
10-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Add me to the list of knowing how getting bad block goes. We've dragged the plant manager out to one of our sites because the block was so bad. When one side of the block measures 7 7/8" tall and the other end is 8 1/8" it makes stacking a wall all sorts of fun.

We marked the block, they took it back and tried to deliver it to us again saying it was a new run with newer/better molds. Nice try.

J. Peterson Grading
11-14-2011, 09:08 PM
I leased a new Terex TSR70 for the winter.

Going to push my "New" to me 9ft Snow Wolf plow with Kage system with it.

So far, I am not overly impressed with it. Kinda hard to see out, and not real responsive in the Control department. But, its only got 1.5 hours on it, so I hope it works its sh!t out and ends up working well. Other than that its pretty nice, with an AZZ load of improvements in all aspects over all of the other ASV machines.

J,

stuvecorp
11-14-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't know J, you are much more brave and adventuresome than me. I looked at one a company is winter renting here and I thought it looked awful. I'd run a Cat, Bobcat or even Deere before Terex...

Get some stomper tires for more speed and traction.

Digdeep
11-14-2011, 09:34 PM
I leased a new Terex TSR70 for the winter.

Going to push my "New" to me 9ft Snow Wolf plow with Kage system with it.

So far, I am not overly impressed with it. Kinda hard to see out, and not real responsive in the Control department. But, its only got 1.5 hours on it, so I hope it works its sh!t out and ends up working well. Other than that its pretty nice, with an AZZ load of improvements in all aspects over all of the other ASV machines.

J,

J...I had a chance to sit in both the 80hp version o the one you're leasing and the TSR60 at a local Case dealer. I can say that I like the smaller versions better than the big ones. It doesn't seem like the ingress and egress for the large ones was that well thought out and the visibility to the quick attach was non-existent. It was much easier to get into and out of the smaller machine but the visibility to the quick attach was also $h*t. visibility out the rear and the sides was ok. I thought the hoses and the fittings on the tilt cylinders of the large machine are waiting to get crushed.

The salesman I know did say that the 60hp machine goes like a bat out of hell and has plenty of power. He said it reminded him of the old 1845s. I look forward to hearing how you like it once the snow flies.

SellingIron
11-14-2011, 09:59 PM
I like the Dodge in the background..

J. Peterson Grading
11-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I got it beacause the rent was half of what I have payed fr snow lease in the past, its also a machine that we have some idea how to work on in case of disaster.

Ok now what I really think of it.

I hate the lag in the controls, the way you have to step up then down to get into it, the all around visability, the lack of grip tape on the exposed quick atatch (its more like a step) the noise level in the cab, the fact that they moved all the gauges and stuff around in the cab, and the way that the hoses are exposed on the tilt cylinders.

I like the fact that they finally made it easy to access anything in the engine compartment. I like that they put more thought into how they spaced the fuel and hydraulic fill caps. Its fast and it shifts smoothly. Its got some of the same buttons in the cab for functions.

I think that by the time they come out the track versions they will have all the silly crap figured out.

J.

John_DeereGreen
11-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Looks nice! You guys have any snow yet?

Is that Dodge a half ton or 3/4 ton?

More pictures of the shop?!?

stuvecorp
11-16-2011, 08:13 PM
J, give us some pictures of that Dodge. It pains me but I like that...

Have you checked in to using the big tires for wheeled skids?

J. Peterson Grading
11-16-2011, 10:21 PM
I will get a pic of my truck tomorrow.

Anyway.

We got to run the Terex on a project today. Overall not to bad.

J.

talus
11-16-2011, 10:26 PM
How did you make out wuth the machine that broke?

J. Peterson Grading
11-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Just trying to figure out how to get it paid for, I wasn't able to budget the repair in. So, I need to get some last miniute projects sold to get it taken care of.

J.

deerewashed
11-16-2011, 11:55 PM
3/4 ton dodge. i can sorta see the heavy duty2500 badge on the door.

J. Peterson Grading
11-19-2011, 06:50 PM
As requested a pic of my 11 Ram 2500.

J.

hvy 1ton
11-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Looking good. Needs alcoa's tho.

stuvecorp
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Must be nice - living the high life. :) Truck looks good.

Have you checked out those bigger snow tires for your Terex?

J. Peterson Grading
11-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Ryan.

If I were going to buy it, I might take a look at them. But, I think other than snow I wouldn't have anything to do with the Terex loader. We have been using it a bit, and its not that bad of a loader. I have a pond to rip rap later this week, and I think we are going to take it out and see how it does for that type of work.

J.

J. Peterson Grading
11-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Heres a couple of my other Dodge.

2011 Ram 3500 with its winter clothes on.

New Boss 9ft trip edge with Boss wings
New Buyers under tailgate spreader.

Loaded it up today to set the spreader and make sure everything is going to work on it.

J.

Krafty
11-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Pretty sharp looking J!! Is that a 2x4 or a 4x4??

T Scapes
11-26-2011, 01:46 PM
did you guys ever end up getting that volvo backhoe? whats your equipment fleet looking like these days

J. Peterson Grading
11-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Nope on the Volvo, and I just have a bunch of shovels and rakes. Infact I just traded an old shovel in for a new one today.

J.

ProTouch Groundscapes
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
JPG, do you have any closeup pics of the back of the blade where the wings mount? I have a 9' trip edge skid steer plow that I want to put wings on. The wings are on a 8'2" v blade and I want to see if the brackets are any different. If not Ill just pull em off the v and swap em over.

J. Peterson Grading
11-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Same brackets. Your plow should be pre-drilled for the mounts. You will have to drill for the locking bracket though.

I am looking at a Boss Skid trip edge for a tractor I have, and my real only worry is how to keep it level while pushing. Are you putting anything on front of your Kioti?

J.

T Scapes
11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Nope on the Volvo, and I just have a bunch of shovels and rakes. Infact I just traded an old shovel in for a new one today.

J.

thanks for the info

Dirtman2007
11-28-2011, 11:25 PM

J.

haha them sir are leaning sticks. Hours or research has proven that the flat shovel provides the most support when compared to the round shovel and garden rake.

Call your Local city or state they may be able to off you one thats DOT approved. Although you may have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to arrive after they do a field assesment of the quality of the merchandise.

stuvecorp
11-29-2011, 12:23 AM
JPG, do you have any closeup pics of the back of the blade where the wings mount? I have a 9' trip edge skid steer plow that I want to put wings on. The wings are on a 8'2" v blade and I want to see if the brackets are any different. If not Ill just pull em off the v and swap em over.

Same brackets. Your plow should be pre-drilled for the mounts. You will have to drill for the locking bracket though.

I am looking at a Boss Skid trip edge for a tractor I have, and my real only worry is how to keep it level while pushing. Are you putting anything on front of your Kioti?

J.

I just noticed the Boss trip edge skid plow, for just under $3000 you can get a new one. How are they? How do you like the wings and can you run curbs with them?

J. Peterson Grading
11-29-2011, 12:43 AM
I haven't got one (Boss Skid Plow) picked up yet, but I hope to do so soon.

I have 4 other Boss plows all with wings, and yes they run curbs well.

J.

stuvecorp
11-29-2011, 12:52 AM
I haven't got one (Boss Skid Plow) picked up yet, but I hope to do so soon.

I have 4 other Boss plows all with wings, and yes they run curbs well.

J.

I've got a meeting tomorrow about subbing and have to decide what blade to use. I 'like' the Blizzards but am kinda leaning towards a 'KISS' blade like a 9' Boss with wings. It will really come down to what they are willing to pay - I might have to get small tires and a 5' blade...:p

J. Peterson Grading
11-29-2011, 01:07 AM
KISS blade? Never heard of one.

J.

stuvecorp
11-29-2011, 01:17 AM
KISS blade? Never heard of one.

J.

No, that's just the 'keep it simple stupid' for me. I can over think and get too clever sometimes, so if I just get a basic blade that gets the job done I am better off.

ProTouch Groundscapes
11-29-2011, 07:21 PM
yea, we picked up our 9' trip edge blade for $2500 pre season, cant beat that price compared to a kage which i was also considering. If the machine would be doing lots then i prolly would have gone with the kage.

I know the blade oscillates side to side, not sure on the floating front to back though, im planning to keep the loader arms in float and use the bucket tilt to apply the pressure=weight of arms+plow

I didnt think it would need new brackets but just wondering. I'll pull the brackets off our other blade and mount it up.

the kioti will only be running the inverse blower below, this year. If we pick up some other lots i am eyeing next year then we will be getting a kubota m100 for the blower and resi route and putting the kioti on the lots with a kage or boss bx12

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/protouchllc/2011-11-21_15-29-15_644.jpg
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/protouchllc/2011-11-21_15-29-29_284.jpg
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/protouchllc/2011-11-21_15-31-55_964.jpg

heres the boss skid plow:
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/protouchllc/DSC01273.jpg
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/protouchllc/DSC01271.jpg
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/protouchllc/DSC01272.jpg

stuvecorp
11-29-2011, 11:28 PM
J, how far do you road your skids on their route? You mess with trailering at all?

jmacd
11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
That plow is nice for $2500. \

Is the hydro's already regulated for the flow of you machine? Just plug and play.

J. Peterson Grading
11-30-2011, 09:10 PM
I used to have a route that one of my guys tracked my PT80 on about a 5 mile or so round trip with no plowing included. One of the other routes, my PT60 will go about 1.5 to 2 miles not including plowing.

This season, we lost a few accounts, and gained some better ones. My PT80 route was cut down to the point where we just declined a few of the left over accounts or kept the ones a truck could do easy enough. Now the my 80 is going to a factory/warehouse area where it will plow around 8 to 10 acres all in one spot with no travel.

Now the Boss Plow. The hydraulic valve is the pressure relief valve. It helps soften the hits that the plow takes and transfers into the hydraulic cylinders. It can also help slow down the flow to the plow.

J.

Dirtman2007
11-30-2011, 09:33 PM
hey J where is that old skip loader thing you showed me you bought a while back?

J. Peterson Grading
11-30-2011, 10:04 PM
It showed up, leaked fluid all over the place, and its been traded off already.

Never even touched the dirt.

J.

Dirtman2007
11-30-2011, 10:15 PM
It showed up, leaked fluid all over the place, and its been traded off already.

Never even touched the dirt.

J.

I told you about buying machines sight unseen!

J. Peterson Grading
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
It was more of a get it here and use it for trade value. I did make money on it.

J.

stuvecorp
01-02-2012, 08:16 PM
J, you still using those small Volvo loaders for snow? You ran the sectionals on those? What size did you use?

We got 3" yesterday, guess that was good...:rolleyes:

AEL
08-10-2012, 08:27 PM
How about an update J? I always enjoyed your informative posts, and admired the business you built. Hows things out your way?