PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda Fertilizer Schedule

TriageLawn
06-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I have read so many post around the web about fertilizing schedules. Some say use high nitrogen fertilizer in June, while others say stay steady with a 15-15-15 fertilizer. What do you guys recommend? I am curious as to how some of you set up your schedules. Do you use a turf management company to handle the herbicides and pesticides or do you do it all. From January to December, how do you set up your maintenance schedules.

Patriot Services
06-12-2011, 09:27 AM
You will get a big variety of answers. I used to go by the Bermuda Bible recommendations. Since I can experiment on my own yard I have tried several different plans. I just put down triple 10 that I had mixed with a Lesco minor mix with 20%fe recommended by a fellow LCO. Of course I did a soil sample at the start of the season to make sure I wasnt too far off base. Even with little rain and limiting the N I am still cutting twice at 1" with solid green.I did a 2-4-D app back in April and only have the occasional sedge or clover to pull.:usflag:

TuffWork
06-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I use a high nitrogen in late march/early april to warm things up a bit so it will come out a little earlier. Then, in June I try use a lower nitrogen with a more rounded amount of other stuff like soluble potash, iron, etc. To keep it going strong. Then in late August/ early September I usually give it one more shot of the high nitrogen stuff so maybe it'll stay green a little longer through fall. There's no raw science in why I do it that way. It's just what works for me.

High N stuff = Entex MAX Green 22(17 ammonia, 5 urea)- 2-2-14-2

Lower N stuff = Entex Plus 12-6-6-10-.75 with added Zinc and Humates

wrager
06-15-2011, 03:23 PM
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lawns/msg081902511912.html

Since I have been following this, my turf has never looked better.