PDA

View Full Version : OIL DRIpping out of Lazer

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Ok well yesterday i saw when ever we run my Exmark lazer there is oil coming out of it. I took a look and couldnt see anything...All i see is its coming from somewhere behind the oil filter.

I bought this machine last year from weingartz so i guess i'll just have to take it in. I hope its just a seal or something and not something major.......
Anyone know what it could be???

Buck_wheat
06-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Ok well yesterday i saw when ever we run my Exmark lazer there is oil coming out of it. I took a look and couldnt see anything...All i see is its coming from somewhere behind the oil filter.

I bought this machine last year from weingartz so i guess i'll just have to take it in. I hope its just a seal or something and not something major.......
Anyone know what it could be???

Check the hose and especially the clamp. Had a similar problem on mine (52" 25 HP Kohler)the clamp is crap, the hose had started to split and it was spitting oil onto the engine. Another issue on another occasion was the filter wasn't properly seated.

Richard Martin
06-12-2011, 01:02 PM
If it's a Kohler engine there is an o ring behind the sandwich adapter. It's simple to fix and if you can change your oil filter then you can replace the o ring. It is Kohler part number 24 153 21-S.

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-12-2011, 01:05 PM
If it's a Kohler engine there is an o ring behind the sandwich adapter. It's simple to fix and if you can change your oil filter then you can replace the o ring. It is Kohler part number 24 153 21-S.

I know its a kohler engine so I will have to try these when i get to the shop...