PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading hydro's.......can it be done?

dwost
10-16-2002, 09:18 AM
Ok, just curious. I purchased a new Gravely Pro G 1548 WB this spring. I was curious what the cost would be to upgrade it to a hydro? Anyone ever do this on this or any other unit? What is a ballpark $ for the hydros and the parts? TIA.

Runner
10-16-2002, 09:20 AM
Cost? About as much as you could buy a hydro unit for.

captdevo
10-16-2002, 09:30 AM
too much...hydros..$400+/- @, wheel motors...$400+/-@, hubs $80@, hoses....reservoir???

unless you can find a used one with blown engine....i'd sell the belt and buy a hydro

Albemarle Lawn
10-16-2002, 01:45 PM
It would cost a fortune, and then the controls would be different.

It would be worse than taking a new gasoline Chevy truck and converting it to a diesel engine.

Anything is possible, but save your time and $ sell the belt/gear drive and buy a hydro machine.

KB

Gravely_Man
10-16-2002, 03:45 PM
Sounds to me like you have a nice new & low hour machine to either sell your self or use as a trade in with the dealer. This would be a huge and expensive undertaking. If you can afford to do it you might want to keep this machine as a backup for as a machine to start another worker with.

Gravely_Man

dwost
10-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Thanks to all for the info. I was just curious as this is used for my yard only. The belt drive is perfect for what I'm doing with it, just wanted to see what would be the process to possibly upgrade it if I ever wanted to. Thanks again!!

LAWNGODFATHER
10-18-2002, 07:55 PM
As what is posted above plus, it won't fit on your power farme.

Cost...............More than what is will cost you to buy a beand new hydro mower.

Sell mower and buy a hydro, or keep and suffer.