PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Lawn Care!!!!!!

Ijustwantausername
06-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Does anyone else have those customers that call you for their lawn the same way they would call 911 if their house were burning down? The "I need it now, not tomorrow, whats taking you so long to get over here person!!!"

I'm not lackadaisical when giving people estimates, but at the same time I cant disengage my mower and park it in a customers yard to look at it either.

Its as if they have a set time period in their head before the lawn is just UNACCEPTABLE to them.

It's funny to me because I give them "that" price :dancing:

Cheers

TuffWork
06-12-2011, 06:37 PM
It happens to all of us, my friend. I get the "I need it done yesterday" calls all the time, or even better, "my daughters birthday party is today at 2 can you get there before then" it's 11 when they call.

Darryl G
06-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Yup, I get it all the time too. I will do what I can to help them out but they can expect to pay handsomely for it. It's funny how it was ok with them that the grass was 18 inches tall but now that it's 20 inches tall it's an emergency to get it cut. Generally these aren't the types of customers that make a good ongoing customer but there are exceptions. Sometimes they have personal matters that have to take priority over their lawn or they have a lawn guy they were counting on who keeps saying he's coming and never does....they stay loyal until their lawn becomes an emberassment to them and they just can't wait any longer.

G. Ramey
06-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Call 911 for a lawn. I had it actually happen one time. An elderly client who knows I also work as a paramedic called 911 and told the dispatcher he needed me to come cut his grass. The dispatchers didn't think it was funny, but I did.

peahlybros.
06-12-2011, 07:11 PM
just happened to me the other week..... our biggest lawn, million dollar property, calls at 6:30 PM while im out mowing and says hey we have a grad party tomorrow, you think you can mow before then?.... we went to mow because they are good customers.... but you would think they could give us a little heads up.

tlc1994
06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Does anyone else have those customers that call you for their lawn the same way they would call 911 if their house were burning down? The "I need it now, not tomorrow, whats taking you so long to get over here person!!!" I'm not lackadaisical when giving people estimates, but at the same time I cant disengage my mower and park it in a customers yard to look at it either. Its as if they have a set time period in their head before the lawn is just UNACCEPTABLE to them. It's funny to me because I give them "that" price :dancing: Cheers

If you have time and are feeling up to it, tell whoever calls that you can be over immediately- and then slap a huge price with a cherry on top on their doorstep. That`s why I love to do emergency services. It`s a deal breaker and sometimes insulting to some customers, but a couple now and then will give in and pay me their week`s salary.
Posted via Mobile Device

lukemelo216
06-12-2011, 08:56 PM
yup i get that everyonce and a while too. City lots mimimum are usually $65.00 and thats for 5k and under (no push mowing).

Had this big client of mine tell me last week that they have a big huge wedding reception going on at there house this coming saturday. Needs all the bushes trimmed up, 8 plants taken out and new ones replanted, and then 20 yards of mulch put in. Theres about 4.5 hours of bush trimmign and cleanup for 2 guys, a good 5 or 6 hours of mulching, and probably 2-3 hours for the planting and such. All before thursday or friday

jsslawncare
06-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Yes, It happens to me too.

jrush
06-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I had a cust tell me he was getting a shed and wanted some woods cleared to put it there. Well it rained for like 12-14 days after that and he emailed me EVERY SINGLE DAY asking when I was coming. I told him your ground is soft and wet I will tear it up with equipment (perfect lawn). His responce was "they called and can deliver the shed on Thur"...that was on a Tues night. This was hours of work not a quick lawn mowing and this @$$h0** doesn't even give me a thank you when I'm finished and I let him know I went out of my way for him....O ya and he seems to have found patience since receiving his bill. Before the work was complete he was running out of his house as soon as I pulled up to mow, emails and texts every day...he receives the bill and he has the patience of a Saint.

deere615
06-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes all the time it depends who they are where they are located and how busy I am I try to help out some people but cant do everyone