PDA

View Full Version : Computer aided design CAD

Richie@
06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Curious of how many here use Computer aided design CAD for the process of design and design documentation for your projects.

Richie

trailboss
06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
We have used Pro Landscape for about five or six years. We love it!
Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

Classic Lighting
06-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't and have never seen a need for it. I simply use pencil and paper. Are you considering it to use as a sales tool?

Richie@
06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Projects with 40 - 80 + fixtures - CAD drawings would be a sales tool and a much cleaner view to the customer an would help with future maintenance or repair with detailed drawings , with fixture - lamps - wire runs - transformer legends.

Just my thoughts

Richie

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-14-2011, 03:13 AM
It all depends on your market and the types of properties you serve. In urban / suburban markets where the lots are pretty much cookie-cutter, then yes it can be a really strong tool. In rural areas, where lots are larger and randomly shaped, with lots of elevation, and terrain, you end up spending more time preparing an accurate drawing than you do installing the system.

Richie@
06-14-2011, 08:45 AM
I have someone that will do CAD drawings from her home office for a reasonable fee an with larger sites it's a matter of feeding the information to her as the job progresses in phases of the hand drawn layout.

Electrical we do for Pools - Fountains - Spas are all done on CAD an it looks so good an very easy to view and professional looking.

Richie

Lite4
06-14-2011, 10:18 AM
I have done everything in CAD for many years. It is cleaner for technical drawings such as electrical as builts for lighting and commercial representation in the landscape industry. Just personal preference. I like the the Pro Landscape program for residential landscape design though. The hand drawn look for landscape design in a residential setting is perfect.