PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Z900 Transport Lock Knob

Hawken Cougar
06-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Got the new style transport lock knob for my 2010 Deere Z925a and wondering if anyone is willing to explain how to remove the old knob.

Ridin' Green
06-13-2011, 01:06 AM
There was some discussion in a thread about 2-3 weeks ago here on how to do just that. You should be able to find it if you do a search on Deere machine threads.

Hawken Cougar
06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Yea, I found a couple posts. One said something about using a couple small screwdrivers however it didn't say what to do with those screwdrivers. The fella in the other post said that the dealer gave him the parts for the new style transport lock and showed him how to change it out however he didn't describe the process either. Additionally, the operators manual doesn't explain how to remove the transport lock knob either.

Thanks for the reply anyway Ridin' Green!

Ridin' Green
06-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Sorry I couldn't help you out better.
BTW, was one of the posts by either MowerBrad or JasonsLawnCare? I think the posts I was remembering were by one or the other of them, but don't recall for sure.
Again, sorry to not be of much help.

weeze
06-14-2011, 06:45 PM
i dunno how it comes off...mine already has the new knob on it...i would call the dealer and ask them how to remove it.