PDA

View Full Version : HRR rear discharge?

l3randonf
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM
I picked up a HRR model refurbished from home depot while my toro commercial is in the shop.

When you lift the lid where the bag goes there is a mulch plug that goes in the back. Do some people actually take this plug out and have the mower rear discharge? I keep hearing people talk about using the rear dishcarge and it just doesnt make sense. Why would you want the mower to rear discharge all the grass clippings all over you while you mow? I guess I'm not understanding something here..

topsites
06-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Leave the plug.
I have the same mower.

1993lx172
06-13-2011, 01:37 AM
I've seen it done but I don't recommend doing it. The first rock or even worse, a piece of metal or glass and you aren't going like it to much. I have seen chutes that fit into where the mulch plug goes that lets you discharge, but I've never seen one used.

One thing you can do if you have your heart set on doing it is to drill a hole in the lid, then take some rope and tie it off so it directs the clippings down. I think that it would leave a lot of clumps though.

Merkava_4
06-13-2011, 04:57 AM
They've got a side discharge kit for that mower that works off the rear discharge.