PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experimented with differnt blade patterns?

gravelyman50
06-13-2011, 08:11 AM
I will try and explain this the best i can. When you are putting your blades back on you mower, ( I have a zero turn 60") Is there any pattern that is better than another. Usually i just tighten them up whereever they end up.

Then i started thinking that over time they will get out of alinment because of the belts slightly slipping on the pulley here and there.

Ive never had a problem with just bolting them on, my cut and everything is great, but just wanted to see if anyone else experimented with this and saw any differneces?

/ \ -- / / / couple of example of 3 blades bolted on under deck. hope you understand what im talkin about.

Mickhippy
06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
I think they spin that fast it wouldnt make any difference at all. I also agree that they would get out of alinement anyway.

wvaughn7
06-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes and even though the pulleys are technically the same size even .001" difference in the diameter will throw off the alignment of the blades. Combine this fact with belt slippage on the pulleys and you can see that it is not going to matter how they are put on. This is one reason I wonder why a timed deck or a deck with overlapping blades stay in alignment the majority of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

LHS Lawns
06-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Even tho they slip out of sync I always put them on the way they are supposed to be. Thot about just putting them on any old way but I can't bring myself to do it.

Ridin' Green
06-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a couple of decks that will hold alignment very well, but most slip enough to not even bother trying to align blades. I have tried them at 90 degrees to each other, all straight ahead when tightened and also with each one pointed directly at the one next to it as they rotate around their individual arcs. It makes no difference in the way the cut looks for as long as they stay in the position I mount them.

weeze
06-13-2011, 06:20 PM
yeah i've wondered is this matters or not as well...i always put them on pointing straight forward and backwards...probably doesn't even matter but it's just what i do lol.

gravelyman50
06-13-2011, 08:31 PM
well thanks for the replies. I really didnt think it mattered, but just thought there might be someone out there that thinks it does.