PDA

View Full Version : Michigan State Turf Student - Opportunities?

Loyd Bowman
10-16-2002, 12:13 PM
I am a Sports and Commercial Turfgrass Management Student at Michigan State University , and am looking for oppotunities.

I will be finished with school in December, and am trying to get a feel for what is available. I'm not necessarily asking anyone to offer me a job, I'd would just appreciate information on any leads that other members may know about.

I have experience in the industry, and as a supervisor, and will consider relocating anywhere for the right opportunities.

I will provide more information to anyone who may be interested.

Thanks for your help.

Loyd Bowman

Runner
10-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Golf courses, dude. Golf courses. With a degree like that, take it somewhere that is going to pay you, as you gain experience. You HAVE TO HAVE HANDS ON EXPERIENCE! Do this awhile, then decide what you what you want to do with it. A good friend of mine, who is also mentoring me, has his Bachelor degree through MSU. He was assistant superintendant at Warwick Hills, (who incidentally took many PGA awards for upkeep) for several years and also worked at a private country club golf course for a number of years after that. At some point, he thought to himself that if he was going to have 3-400 people constantly nagging at him about turf conditions, then he might as well own something. This is when he went into business. This guy, no exageration, can grow grass on a rock, in someone's basement. This guy is AWEsome, and there is NOBODY that grows grass like HE does around here. NO BODY! I am just blessed tohave him as a friend, let alone him helping me out the way he does.:) Good luck with it!

Expert Lawns
10-17-2002, 06:35 PM
Warwick Hills...........i have family that lives there. Buick Open time is the best!! party party

I'm actually at MSU right now typing up a paper :D where abouts do you live Lloyd? i'm on charles street