PDA

View Full Version : Demoed A Z930A Today

SouthSide Cutter
06-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Ran a 930 today and compared it to my Scags, a TC and a TT.
The Things I liked.

1. The cut was great.
2. Power was good.
3. Controls were smooth.
4. Like the way the roll bar folds out of the way.
5. Thought the lay out of the switches and controls were nice.

The things I didnt like.

1. The Mod deck is just alittle better than a block of plate. Still have to run over it again to get ride of windrow in thick grass. Also did not like the way it stcks straight out, would end up getting bent or tore off.

2. Ride was bad but about the same as my Scags before Supension Seats.
3. It held hills better than my TC but not as good as my TT. Would not back up a hill the TT did. But TC wouldnt either.
4. Just didnt like the look of the pps. Kinda think if you have trouble its gonna be expensive to repair. But it was a really smooth ride, not much noise and very very smooth.
5. Thought the left front wheel needed to be out a little. Couldnt see the end of the deck for my hands on the controls. I guess you would get use to it.
6. Fuel usage. Put 2.1 hrs on machine. And really did not put it very heavy grass mabe 1/4 of the time. Filled it before I started and put 4.6 gallons in when done. It might get better when more hours on machine.

It would be up in the air if I bought one. The dealer is really great. It would have to be a pretty good deal for me.
All in all if it had a supension seat Its a really good mower if the drives hold up.

weeze
06-13-2011, 07:15 PM
what does pps stand for?

momstmg
06-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Gas gets better after break in
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthSide Cutter
06-13-2011, 11:03 PM
what does pps stand for?

Thats a term in the power plants we used for pumps.