PDA

View Full Version : ZTR front arm snaps

supercuts
06-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Mowing yesturday my employee came to me carring the front caster wheel, fork and arm that snapped clean off near the weld from our bobcat predator pro. you know you've got a case of the Mondays when it starts off like that.

then I see him talking to a little old lady near her car by the street thinking great something flew out and damaged her car. I was relieved to find she just broke down and needed a cell phone as she walks down the long driveway into the back lawn of the lawn we were cutting and vanished. finally we walk back to get the phone and she says she couldnt get through....so what was she doing in the back yard???

topsites
06-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Maybe it sounds like a case of someone damaging the mower and nobody wanting to admit it, of course we can't say for sure.

supercuts
06-14-2011, 09:49 AM
ricky bobby is my idol along with travis pastrana, but we've only gotten 5' of air with the mower.......how do you damage a mower like that? we dont even go up and down curbs often. it broke at the weld, poor craftsmanship to me and the metal was more thin than i would have thought

topsites
06-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Did the lady drive over or into it with her car?

Man let me tell you, it has been my experience when folks damage something of mine, everybody plays stupid.

Darryl G
06-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Well at least that's a bolt-on arm on the Bob-Cats, right? Simple replacement?

supercuts
06-14-2011, 12:13 PM
yes its a simple bolt on. I work along side of him all day, he doesnt abuse my things. we hang out, he uses my garage to work on his truck, i pay him well, not his fault. he always tells me when he does something wrong and he's not worried because I dont get upset when things happen.

Richard Martin
06-14-2011, 04:25 PM
ricky bobby is my idol along with travis pastrana, but we've only gotten 5' of air with the mower......

Travis bought my aunt's property in Davidsonville, MD. Paid a pretty penny for it too.

My dad and Travis' grandfather used to drink together. They're both long gone now.

If you had a Dixie that would be covered. Lifetime warranty on the caster forks against breakage.

supercuts
06-14-2011, 05:14 PM
it wasnt the forks, it was the arm off the frame of the mower to the forks. the sort of thing I would not expect to break. say hi to travis for me, cant wait until the end of july to see in the Nationwide series