PDA

View Full Version : Trailer

Matt Hermann
06-14-2011, 10:47 AM
New to buisness, and saw this trailer for sale. Heres the link, let me know what you think, I offered 650.
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/bfs/2436963973.html

Thanks, Matt

topsites
06-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Bad choice, as usual there is always a reason for cheap.
They shouldn't even call it a landscaping trailer, it's more like a big homeowner's.

Look at the tongue.
You see, it's only one piece of steel sticking out?
That means it's not reinforced.
Weak, why it looks bent, too.

The whole trailer, it looks like the frame is bent, then again maybe my eyes are deceiving me or it's the angle of the photo.
Either way a trailer is an investment, you don't want to buy it now knowing you will have to sell it later, do you?

My trailer cost 1500, it doesn't look anything like that flimsy thing.

See this trailer's V-shaped tongue, means it is a stronger, sturdy frame (though they also cost more like $1,000),
it's still nowhere near what mine is but this is the least I would get:

TNGrassCutter
06-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Yea kinda flimsy looking. With 2000 lb axle you won't be able to load much on it. A full size ztr is 1500+ lbs then a push mower and handhelds is going to put you right at max capacity. But if its only 5 feet wide you couldn't fit a full size ztr on it, but I would still look for something stronger. At least a 6 x 12 or 14 with 3500 lb axle.
Posted via Mobile Device

tuffram
06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
A frame tong is way better especially if you are hauling a heavy ZTR get a wood floor instead of wire mesh it has be my experience the wire mesh trailers are flimsier than wood floor.

STIHL GUY
06-14-2011, 05:33 PM
i would keep your eyes open for something with a wooden floor as well. the mesh floored trailers look kinda flimsy