PDA

View Full Version : New John Deere 4010

lrose2
10-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Hey, everyone. Just took delivery on our new JD model 4010 FWD compact tractor. Has the 410 front end loader, a 4" rotary cutter and a 48" AgriMetal aerator. Will be used mostly for aerations and mulch installs. Just playing around with it, it seems to be pretty sweet. Anybody else have one or any comments about them?

stslawncare
10-16-2002, 10:34 PM
congrats on ur purchase, that loader will definitle come in hand for tons more thing then u would ever expect, specially with that size tractor, that combo is perfect!!!!

hosejockey2002
10-16-2002, 11:51 PM
When my business gets up and running, I hope to trade my Yanmar 1401D for something similar to what you've got. Similar capabilities, but your new JD is much more efficient and user friendly. Good choice!!:D

Alan
10-22-2002, 10:32 PM
When I saw 4010 my first thought was of the "original" 4010 which was, in its time, a big ag tractor. In fact it was the biggest in the JD lineup for a while. Granted the 8010 was made then as well, but that was not a succesfull step into the articulated tractor field for Deere.

Other numbers the have recycled are the 70, which was an earlier ag tractor as well, a compact excavator and a small (tractor style) riding mower.

The current 110 is Deere's first entry into the compact TLB market. The original 110 was their first entry into the lawn & garden arena, a step which was taken after much deliberation by the board of directors as an answer to the IHC Cub Cadet garden tractor.

Strawbridge Lawn
11-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Congrats on your machine.. Have similar plans next year. I am awaiting some literature from Deere.
Was contemplating a mini-Skid Steer becasue of size and weight contraints. The Kubota BX22 did not impress me as much as the Deere 4000 compacts. What is a ball park for one of these
with the front bucket? Around 15K?

lrose2
11-11-2002, 05:40 PM
The price you quoted is in the ballpark. Go to the John Deere website, click on turf and lawncare, then at the bottom of the dropdown list is a place to build and price equipment. Build your machine with the options you want and you instantly get JD's suggested retail price. Now go to your best JD dealer and work something up with him and I bet he will sharpen his pencil for ya.

PaulJ
11-11-2002, 11:37 PM
Alan I was thinking the same thing.
I thought I'd here about a Nice big 80-90hp?? FARM tractor.
Persanly I'm a farmall man though.:D
spent most of the summers during high-school on ONe or another
super m,706,856.....Ah the good ol'days:) :) :D :sleeping:

Lance720
12-23-2002, 04:18 AM
I regularly operate a 4710. The tractor has been reliable and I find it comfortable to operate. The loader on the other hand was poorly designed. The hydrallic flow is inadequate to operate the bucket properly. Another concern on the smaller unit we have (I believe a 4410) is the loader having enough power to actually twist the loader so be careful.
Lance 720

whacked_46
01-29-2003, 02:23 AM
Hey,

I am just waiting to pick up my JD 2210. I spent 10,000 on attachments. I looked at the 4010 but found it was to big for me......Congrats on the new tractor

GreginAlaska
04-11-2003, 04:28 PM
How are ya'll liking the 4010 and the 2210? We are thinking about getting something like that.

lrose2
04-11-2003, 07:40 PM
GreginAlaska,

We love the 4010! Have found a bunch of uses for it and are looking for more. The guys argue over who gets to be the operator!

GreginAlaska
04-16-2003, 08:33 AM
Hi Rose, glad you are happy with it...no mechanical problems with it?

My wife is thinking she might want something bigger...she is now looking at the 4210, 4310, 4410.

Wannafish
05-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Greg,
Do you think you could get YOUR wife to talk to MY wife for a while ??
I've had my 4010 with FEL and 60" MMM for 2 weeks now and LOVE it! The 4WD, Hydro, and power steering beat my old 9N Ford hands down.
We bought it for our Nursery and mowing the yards but have found SO MANY uses for the loader I just can't get over it.

Rented a tiller for it last weekend...that was a mistake 'cause when I returned it I bought a new one my dealer just got in. It sure does a nice job.

One error in the Owners Manual I have found so far:
It says to preheat the glow plugs (when starting cold), to turn the key to the "on" position for 3 seconds, then start it. Unfortunately, that is incorrect on this model.
To Preheat the glow plugs, you need to turn the key to the "Start" position. Unfortunately, now the tractor is trying to start WHILE preheating the glow plugs. To rectify this place the Range Selector into the "H" or "L" position, (the safety lock-out switch will prevent the tractor from starting) turn the key to "Start" for 3 seconds, then place Range Selector into "N" and start the tractor. This sounds more complicated than it is, but the tractor will fire right up.

I found the 4010 doesn't have the weight to pull my two bottom plow...I removed one share and it does a great job with the "new" one bottom plow. Guess I'll leave the tiller for that and buy a 4810 next year to work up 80 acres...it would probably take me until next year with a one bottom plow!

Make sure you have a counterweight on the back of the tractor when using the front end loader...it definitely needs it.

Good Luck!

GreginAlaska
05-14-2003, 02:23 AM
My wife decided to buy the 4210 Ehydro. It should be here in a couple of days.

Wanna, that sounds like a strange deal on the glow plugs.

Wannafish
05-14-2003, 08:00 AM
Greg,
That's what I thought. I tried the "normal" way of starting...turning the key to the "on" position, waiting 5 seconds (didn't hear any "click") then starting. It cranks for about 10 seconds before it starts. When starting as I described in my previous post, it fires right up. Go figure.

Good luck with your new toy...I mean tool. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my 4010. And, I hope your wife lets you play with it. The tractor that is...

GreginAlaska
05-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Thanks Wanna, I wonder if they have a wire landed on the wrong position?

I think I would ask my dealer about the glow plug thing. We had a Ford 1530 and it had a key position just for the glow plugs.

wilsonbh
11-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I just bought a 2003 JD 4010 4WD Compact Tractor with 410 loader. Has a little rust but I hope to paint it and bring it back to "pretty" status. My immediate problem is I don't have any sort of manual for the machine. Anyone have an operators manual in electronic format they could email me? Sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Bill Wilson
wilsonbh@bellsouth.net

GravelyNut
12-14-2008, 07:12 PM
When I saw 4010 my first thought was of the "original" 4010 which was, in its time, a big ag tractor. In fact it was the biggest in the JD lineup for a while. Granted the 8010 was made then as well, but that was not a succesfull step into the articulated tractor field for Deere.

Other numbers the have recycled are the 70, which was an earlier ag tractor as well, a compact excavator and a small (tractor style) riding mower.

The current 110 is Deere's first entry into the compact TLB market. The original 110 was their first entry into the lawn & garden arena, a step which was taken after much deliberation by the board of directors as an answer to the IHC Cub Cadet garden tractor.

I was thinking the same thing. Having operated an older 4010, I don't think you could find a better tractor to pull a 12' disc. Having also rebuilt it, I got to know it well. Older ones did tend to throw a rod near the rear of the block. And break the steering arms.