PDA

View Full Version : June 2011 Season Status Report

tlc1994
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
What's up fellow lawnsite members? Profits, hopefully?payup

Here's a thread to share how business has been for you.
-Better customers? Worse?
-More or less work? MORE OR LESS GOOD WORK?
-Still got people calling for estimates regularly?

Whatever it is, let's see how the season has shaped up so far.

:usflag:

Landscape Poet
06-14-2011, 07:02 PM
What's up fellow lawnsite members? Profits, hopefully?payup

Here's a thread to share how business has been for you.
-Better customers? Worse?
-More or less work? MORE OR LESS GOOD WORK?
-Still got people calling for estimates regularly?

Whatever it is, let's see how the season has shaped up so far.

:usflag:

Business - busy as hell
Profit - looks optimistic but I do not count my chickens till they are hatched.
More or less work - depends on your outlook - more work - doing less of it myself as I have found subbing to be way more profitable.
People calling for estimates - here and there. It is just now getting into the 100 degree daily heat index here now. For the next 2 months or so is when the part timers will start to stall out, the newb lowballers will start missing payments and there customers will start calling.

Overall I do not think I am going to break any world records - but I am going to make a comfortable living this year and enjoy my time off in the winter:dancing::dancing:

mowerbrad
06-14-2011, 07:26 PM
For the most part business has been steady. I only do this part time and I'm trying to cut back a lot this year. I'm going back to school in the fall and will be having class 3 days a week, plus working as a fire fighter, all on top of mowing each week.

I do continue to get calls from some of my "one-timer" customers as they go on vacation/out of town. I also have people talk to me about doing their lawn once their lawn mower finally breaks down and they won't be buying another one.

I'm very happy where I'm at right now and wouldn't change it.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
06-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Very busy 1/3 growth in customers so far this season from just over 50 to now a little under 80 clients. Tough learning curve for me to work on with hiring and training employees etc, but I think the profits will show well the rest of the year after I get everyone trained and "in their grove". =D We are doing fine now, but better weather and fully trained employees should really help later on.

MOW ED
06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Maintaining a decent customer base. Mowing is steady, still getting an occasional call for new. Fertilizing is good as was last year. I have to run numbers but I am on track to be near as good as last year. Strategic price increases are key. I am happy where I am at this 16th season.