PDA

View Full Version : exmark metro owners: reverse question

ericfox
06-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I just adjusted the lever to sit evenly in the shifter plate while in 1-5 gear as shown in the manual and then in neutral I also adjusted the shifter plate from side to side as the manual stated...

When I go to shift in reverse though it seems like I have to really push the lever down and over kinda hard.... seems like it should go down into reverse easier... but maybe this is normal????

Seems like after a while shifting into reverse would bend the shifting lever...

Thanks

nobagger
06-14-2011, 06:11 PM
I just adjusted the lever to sit evenly in the shifter plate while in 1-5 gear as shown in the manual and then in neutral I also adjusted the shifter plate from side to side as the manual stated...

When I go to shift in reverse though it seems like I have to really push the lever down and over kinda hard.... seems like it should go down into reverse easier... but maybe this is normal????

Seems like after a while shifting into reverse would bend the shifting lever...

Thanks

Something's off. Our 36" Metro HP goes into all the gears very easily with no binding what so ever. Why did you need to adjust anything? Maybe try loosening everything back up and readjust.

ericfox
06-14-2011, 06:20 PM
it goes into the gear easy enough... its just pushing the lever down to get it to go into the groove for the reverse.... you have to push it down and over

the lever was bent a little which is why I adjusted and now it sits exactly as the manual says...

mine is a 2005 5 speed if this helps