PDA

View Full Version : Small lawn Big tractor!!!

rross
10-16-2002, 08:12 PM
I have been doing mostly commercial lawns, and next season I would like to pick up some residencial. Now I use currently a zth 60" 25 HP. So, Its hard to use this in a yard. Does any one have a cheap way I can get this done?? Well atleast a cheaper way, then buying like five mowers... I have thought maybe buying a small walk behind, like 36" and perhaps a pushmower. Remember, I have a smaller budget!! thanks guys, ANY info can help:alien:

BRIAN GALLO
10-16-2002, 10:59 PM
How small of a residential lawn are we talking about? I've got some 8-10k size lawns that I would have no problem putting a 60" z on (except for the hills). Also are there gates or is it open? To save some $$ you can look into some quality used equip in good shape. I've been known to pick up walk behinds for under a thousand in excellent shape. Look around a bit. ;)

rross
10-16-2002, 11:01 PM
near 10,000 with a house and couple trees usually, I think I might just slap a mulching kit under the thing and buy a push mower, and have at it!! any more suggestions

BRIAN GALLO
10-16-2002, 11:06 PM
That sounds like a pretty good plan to me. Get in and out and make a good buck. Price it like you were going to cut it all with a 21" though, and let the people know up front you'll be using the z. This way there won't be any surprises for both of you.