PDA

View Full Version : Echo Carb Adjustment Tool

Kartanimal29
06-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Ya I know it's a dealer only tool but there has to be someone out there that is selling/making them. I'm just getting sick of driving to the dealer for a 1/8 of an inch turn. Pm me if you don't want to post any info if you know where to get one.

grassman177
06-14-2011, 09:47 PM
tool>?? i have never needed one, always able to use a screwdriver or it was not adjustable at all on some.

Think Green
06-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Flat head screwdrivers come in all sizes. Star shaped, hex shapes,etc. are purchasable at harbor freight.
My two spare units aren't adjustable at all. when they start to act funny, get a rebuild kit or new carb.
Pretty much those Echo tornado carbs or whatever are throw aways....................the fuels and heat will warp them with continual use.

ed2hess
06-14-2011, 10:31 PM
You go into the shop and tell em you want to buy one of those tools to adjust the carb. And while you are there ask them to buy one of those tools to pull out the plastic caps inside that little bitty hole. You can grind down a small screwdriver but ........why do that?

ALC-GregH
06-14-2011, 11:46 PM
You can grind down a small screwdriver but ........why do that?

I ground a screwdriver down. Then again, I have a few dozen laying around. ;) :)

Kartanimal29
06-15-2011, 07:27 AM
You go into the shop and tell em you want to buy one of those tools to adjust the carb. And while you are there ask them to buy one of those tools to pull out the plastic caps inside that little bitty hole. You can grind down a small screwdriver but ........why do that?

I guess I can just go this route.

metro36
06-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Just buy a set or two of the tiny screw drivers with the silver metal handles from harbor freight or even the dollar store. Then grind one down to a point or even a small hook to remove the plastic cap. This is the I do it and my dealer does the same.