PDA

View Full Version : Customer's lawn looks like it didn't grow...

swbluto
06-15-2011, 02:46 AM
So, we cut this customer's lawn last week and apparently they already had guys who came every friday (3 days ago) that they were going to "Let go". When we got to the lawn today, however, it seemed that the lawn hadn't grown at all and it would almost seem as if it were recently cut (Suggesting they came and serviced it on Friday?). The only thing that really seemed to be needed to be done was to trim a few areas here and there, but nothing major. What would you have done?

We ended up writing a letter explaining that the lawn looked like it hadn't grown and so we didn't mow it, and for the customer to call us back. So far, they haven't called back and I'm kind of wondering what's going on...

STIHL GUY
06-15-2011, 06:02 AM
i would have done the exact same thing you did. maybe there was some mis communication with the old company and they thought they were supposed to do it again or something

topsites
06-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Keep in mind it has been really hot and dry lately, a lot of my lawns are not needing it 2 and 3 weeks out.
I'd check it again this Friday.

GravyTrain
06-15-2011, 08:39 AM
I actually had that happen last year. Customer picked me up after their previous company quit showing up. (Mr. $49 ANY yard). Apparently, he was spending all his time on landscaping jobs and letting his maintenance fall behind. Anyways, after he caught up on his landscaping, he showed up to cut my customer's lawn, finished the job, left and then sent her a bill. I talked to her about it and said that I was still hired and that she would not be paying for the other service provided since she had cancelled.

I'd try to contact the customer at least one more time to make sure everything is leaning in your favor. If you still can't get in touch with them, I'd say it's not worth the hassle.