PDA

View Full Version : Worried about dealer.

We do 4 U
10-16-2002, 09:14 PM
The other day I was talking to a friend who just bought a Scag and he said that the dealer that sold him his mower got a call from my dealer asking him to buy him out. Today I went by to get the choke cable replaced on mt Super Z and the salesman I talk had been laid off and the truck they just bought 2 months ago has a for sale sign on it. I am a "little" concerned. All these signs look don't look good as they are the only Hustler dealer around. Thanks for listening.

John Gamba
10-17-2002, 06:15 AM
That's one reason I wont try hustler.
John

excel25
10-17-2002, 07:13 AM
I drove to Atlanta to get my super-z. Hustler will not let you down, you can get parts shipped to you or the other dealer by you could become a dealer.

Gravely_Man
10-17-2002, 08:44 AM
That is not a good thing. I would contact Hustler to find out where you next closest dealer is. You will always need parts. This has nothing to due with the brand of mower you choose but just that you will need to find a source for parts and service. Hopefully another dealer is close by or someone will buy them out and give you even better service.

Gravely_Man

rodfather
10-17-2002, 05:52 PM
That would definitely make me nervous.

mowerconsultant
10-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Who is the dealer ?
I am sure we will have someone to replace him in your area.

Later
Pj

We do 4 U
10-17-2002, 11:17 PM
The dealer is Gloucester Equipment and the next nearest dealer is in Richmond, about 1-1 1/2 hr. away. Now I don't know for sure if the shop is going down but all the signs are there.

Guido
10-18-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by We do 4 U
I don't know for sure if the shop is going down but all the signs are there.

Heres a stupid question........Have you asked the dealer if he was getting out?? He probobly would have more information on the situation then I would. ;)

Not trying to be sarcastic, but its the logical answer.