PDA

View Full Version : Grouser or Loegering OTT???

Kidder
06-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I am looking for over tire tracks for my 2006 Bobcat S250. What would you buy. I have the choice of Grouser or Loegering. One is an open type bar (Grouser) and the other is more of a closed plate style. What is the better model. I am leaning towards the Grouser but the Loegering tracks are brand new and I can get them for a great deal. Thanks.

icex
06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
I am looking for over tire tracks for my 2006 Bobcat S250. What would you buy. I have the choice of Grouser or Loegering. One is an open type bar (Grouser) and the other is more of a closed plate style. What is the better model. I am leaning towards the Grouser but the Loegering tracks are brand new and I can get them for a great deal. Thanks.

Loegering. Never had a problem with them.

tenndigger
06-16-2011, 08:13 AM
I think that the Grouser track gets a little more "bite" in the traction dept. I also think that with the open bar design that they clean out a little easier. I own an old set of Loegering tracks also but haven't looked at the newer styles.

skidsteer
07-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Depends on what the goal is for the machine. Grouser are heavy and grip good. They counterweight the machine and make it more stabil. May not be the best on soft ground.
McLaren are a less expensive version of grouser.

Loegering are also a heavy track but have more shoe surface so they will foat better.

Tracks Plus are a light weight shoe track that will work the best in soft ground by keeping weight down. They also will be easier on fuel.
It all depends on what you intend to do with the machine.

Skidsteer:canadaflag: