PDA

View Full Version : adding 4th ztr to fleet help

Athlon74
06-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Looking for a new 72 that rides nice and lays a decent cut does more than 10mph. Test drove a new Ferris IS3100Z today. Dealer let me take it across a pretty nasty lawn, was very impressed with ride. It seemed to slow at 10 mph. Any help would be nice, I don't have the time to ride all these mowers .

topsites
06-15-2011, 11:50 PM
I am having difficulty understanding how a solo can afford to have more than one of these,
and then it's like one every 10 or 20 years, let alone three, four.

flatlander42
06-15-2011, 11:52 PM
how do you know he/she is solo?

Monster Mower
06-15-2011, 11:57 PM
all of these have a 12mph ground speed

STT72V-28CAT-SS 72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 28hp CAT liquid-cooled diesel engine
STT72A-29KA-DFI-SS 72" Advantage Cutter Deck, 29hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected
STT72A-35BVAC-SS 72" Advantage Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine

Athlon74
06-15-2011, 11:59 PM
I am having difficulty understanding how a solo can afford to have more than one of these,
and then it's like one every 10 or 20 years, let alone three, four.

Me Owner

4 others

retrodog
06-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Bad boy has an awesome 72" deck $8499 31 Kawasaki or 36hp Vanguard outlaw 14mph, the lightning 31hp Kawasaki is 9199, or the massive 35hp 4 cylinder cat diesel will strike fear in the kildees and grasshoppers at 15mph, capable of 18mph with a few tweaks $12999, and rides just as smooth as the Ferris. Not to mention the 1/4 inch decks, massive radiator system, etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

RTR Landscaping
06-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Look at a Scag Cheetah. 72" 34 HP Kawasaki top transport speed is 16 mph. You can cut in low range up to 12 mph. They have suspension,very nice.

Athlon74
06-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Bad boy has an awesome 72" deck $8499 31 Kawasaki or 36hp Vanguard outlaw 14mph, the lightning 31hp Kawasaki is 9199, or the massive 35hp 4 cylinder cat diesel will strike fear in the kildees and grasshoppers at 15mph, capable of 18mph with a few tweaks $12999, and rides just as smooth as the Ferris. Not to mention the 1/4 inch decks, massive radiator system, etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

Holy cow 18 mph !
Our old 72 ex mark does like 8-9...lol

Athlon74
06-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Reading about the Ferris 3100 seems that the manufacture ships them only doing 10mph and you have to ask the dealer to turn them up to 12 ?
The next day it rains I'm looking at Scags and Hustlers . would like to try a Bad boy but dealer is way out..

doyles
06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
when the ferris 3100 comes from the factory they are not set to move as fast as they can you have to ask the dealer to turn the speed adjustment up on them and top speed should be 12mph

Chevy z71
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Scag cheetah or the new john deere 900 series.

retrodog
06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
I wish you would check them out, the 72" on the BB is the best deck I have ever cut with, its pretty amazing. I am not just saying that because I sell them, I am not benefiting at all from you looking or putting a bug in your ear. You get a parts manual with your mower with every part number and diagram broke down, you can call the factory and order parts directly if you are not close to a dealer, and a monkey can fix nearly everything on it (very simple and easiest out to work on). They will overnite, but the regular shipping only takes 2 to 3 days, that was quicker than my local dealers got parts when I was mowing. I bought one from a dealer that was 2 hours away, after seeing one, mowing on it, and talking to the parts department at the factory I bought it with no hesitation, glad I did, I am gaining weight sitting at the shop all day selling mowers now 4 years after my purchase.....I need to go out with a crew and run a trimmer for a while again...lol. 8499 is a steal on a 36hp outlaw 72, heck most of the dealers I talk too would still fill it up with gas, and deliver it for that........I demoed yesterday after work my 61" 36, and sold 2 of them... A mowing crew borrowed it yesterday while I serviced their exmark, and they said it was the baddest mower they have ever cut on (they had an older exmark and 2 new gravelys), and definately getting one.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-16-2011, 01:12 PM
The Scag 35hp Vanguard Turf Tiger is $9400 at my dealer in a 61" deck. Not sure how much more the 72" is, but it's definitely a proven design since the late 90's.

ashgrove landscaping
06-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Just back out the stops on the control levers evenly.. I get a solid 12.4 mph out of my 2010 3100z.

Athlon74
06-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Just back out the stops on the control levers evenly.. I get a solid 12.4 mph out of my 2010 3100z.

12.4 sounds better than 10 ... What engine you have in your 3100?

Athlon74
06-16-2011, 11:20 PM
I wish you would check them out, the 72" on the BB is the best deck I have ever cut with, its pretty amazing. I am not just saying that because I sell them, I am not benefiting at all from you looking or putting a bug in your ear. You get a parts manual with your mower with every part number and diagram broke down, you can call the factory and order parts directly if you are not close to a dealer, and a monkey can fix nearly everything on it (very simple and easiest out to work on). They will overnite, but the regular shipping only takes 2 to 3 days, that was quicker than my local dealers got parts when I was mowing. I bought one from a dealer that was 2 hours away, after seeing one, mowing on it, and talking to the parts department at the factory I bought it with no hesitation, glad I did, I am gaining weight sitting at the shop all day selling mowers now 4 years after my purchase.....I need to go out with a crew and run a trimmer for a while again...lol. 8499 is a steal on a 36hp outlaw 72, heck most of the dealers I talk too would still fill it up with gas, and deliver it for that........I demoed yesterday after work my 61" 36, and sold 2 of them... A mowing crew borrowed it yesterday while I serviced their exmark, and they said it was the baddest mower they have ever cut on (they had an older exmark and 2 new gravelys), and definately getting one.

Going to check them out on Saturday . closest one is hour 1/2 away hope its worth it .

Athlon74
06-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Also have a 335 Grasshopper lined up for a demo on saturday. I heard they are pretty good machine.

Monster Mower
06-17-2011, 12:08 AM
the cheetah offers a 72 I did not know that I would go with the cheetah i Demoed a 61'
and it does have very nice suspension the whole seat and frame where its mounted has shocks very cool just not practical for residential

Athlon74
06-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Scag is one of of my considerations and so is Ex-mark. Need to ride these mowers its going to take a couple of weeks. Just don't want to get a mower I hate.

ommegang
06-17-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.the-lawn-advisor.com/Commerical-Grade-Lawn-Mowers.html

Anyone else have a comprehensive ZTR evaluator? No Edmunds for ZTRs?

I love my Ferris. Just would like thier new deck design or upgarde mine somehow.

Athlon74
06-19-2011, 10:51 AM
I think I'm going to get a 60' for three reasons .
Can follow my 60 lines without making new ones.
Fits in more places
Bagger

ALC-GregH
06-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Where are you located? The type of grass you're cutting will make a difference on what mower you should consider. If you're looking for a 61" deck and a bagger, check out the Turf Tiger. Lots of power, good speed and is built solid. The Scag bagger is nice also.

RSK Property Maintenance
06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I demoed a scag cheetah with a 61" deck and it worked fine for all my residentials granted I only have around 20 accounts, but a few of them have are a little technical. either way. I think you will be impressed with the cheetah.

Athlon74
06-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Where are you located? The type of grass you're cutting will make a difference on what mower you should consider. If you're looking for a 61" deck and a bagger, check out the Turf Tiger. Lots of power, good speed and is built solid. The Scag bagger is nice also.

northern Indiana....some Zoysia mostly Fescues and Bluegrass

I have a friend that has a Turf Tiger 60 with bagger on it . nice mower but a little expensive

Athlon74
06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I demoed a scag cheetah with a 61" deck and it worked fine for all my residentials granted I only have around 20 accounts, but a few of them have are a little technical. either way. I think you will be impressed with the cheetah.

Id like to try a Cheetah on my list of mowers to look at ..

wish these places where open today

exmarkguy123
06-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Whether your looking in the 60 inch range or a 72, I know that the Hustler Super Z's are pretty fast. I know it's over ten. Might be something to look into.

djagusch
06-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I would think a guy buying his forth ztr would know what mower he wants/needs. He would have a dealer he works with etc. Do you have a local dealer you like? What does he carry?
Posted via Mobile Device

cutbetterthanyou
06-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm curious the price on the scags. That is what i wanted, but the dealer was talking like 18k for a big gas and 20k on a deisel. So i ended up buying a hustler for 12 something. I like it, it is a 72 xr7 deck with 31 kawi. just if you go with it get the front baffle kit and the high lift blades that they just came out with not to long ago. Without the baffle kit it blows some serious dust out the front of the deck. Not sure the reason why, but the high lift blades are the only one that i have found to not gum up the underneath of the deck. Nor, do the leave radom stragglers,and stripes between each bade that every always complains about with the hustlers.

djagusch
06-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm curious the price on the scags. That is what i wanted, but the dealer was talking like 18k for a big gas and 20k on a deisel. So i ended up buying a hustler for 12 something. I like it, it is a 72 xr7 deck with 31 kawi. just if you go with it get the front baffle kit and the high lift blades that they just came out with not to long ago. Without the baffle kit it blows some serious dust out the front of the deck. Not sure the reason why, but the high lift blades are the only one that i have found to not gum up the underneath of the deck. Nor, do the leave radom stragglers,and stripes between each bade that every always complains about with the hustlers.

A gas tt can run between 9k and 12k w/ 61" decks, depending on how the dealer wants to work with you. Add 500 for the 72" deck. Diesel I was offered a 28 cat single mmower purchase at fleet pricing for 12.6k or so. If you don't own a scag they may have a promo for fleet pricing for one mower purchase still. Imo scags price are within the relms of other mfgs, but you are buying a premium product with the scag. Of course if you call a dealer you won't get a great quote but if you sit down with them and work it out prices are good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Athlon74
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
I would think a guy buying his forth ztr would know what mower he wants/needs. He would have a dealer he works with etc. Do you have a local dealer you like? What does he carry?
Posted via Mobile Device

I do Have one local dealer, He carries Dixie and Hustler. I have not had good luck with them, Young guy thinks he knows it all. Only dealer that has not let me demo a mower also. High prices...I stay clear

This would be my 1st new mower . or new anything.. this is a big purchase for me and I'm the type that looks at all my options. Ive only had the Ex marks. 2 60s and a 52. And a worn out 36 walker

One of my older Ex marks needs an engine, so I'm going to buy her a new Vanguard around the same time I purchase The new mower

djagusch
06-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I do Have one local dealer, He carries Dixie and Hustler. I have not had good luck with them, Young guy thinks he knows it all. Only dealer that has not let me demo a mower also. High prices...I stay clear

This would be my 1st new mower . or new anything.. this is a big purchase for me and I'm the type that looks at all my options. Ive only had the Ex marks. 2 60s and a 52. And a worn out 36 walker

One of my older Ex marks needs an engine, so I'm going to buy her a new Vanguard around the same time I purchase The new mower
Any exmark dealers around? Seems like you are happy with them if you own three of them. They probably have seen you buy parts there before and willing to deal with you.
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthSide Cutter
06-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I just demoed a 930JD with the mod deck. It cut as good as my TT. If I was to buy right now. It would be a TT with a 35 Briggs or the 930JD without the mod deck. Probably can get both for around 9500-9600 in that range. I have run alot of mowers and those are the only ones that work for me in wet fescue down here.

Athlon74
06-19-2011, 10:56 PM
I just demoed a 930JD with the mod deck. It cut as good as my TT. If I was to buy right now. It would be a TT with a 35 Briggs or the 930JD without the mod deck. Probably can get both for around 9500-9600 in that range. I have run alot of mowers and those are the only ones that work for me in wet fescue down here.

We do have a John Deere dealer, Like to try a 930 or 950.

Did yours ride nice when you demoed it ?