PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked Up a 2011 Walker MT26

walker/redmax
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Yesterday went down to Dan's Small Engine repair in Fort Collins (fun fact: if you've seen the more recent "how to maintain a walker" video, Dan is the mechanic you see working on a Walker about half way through when they're talking about having your dealer service leaks). Anyway I bought this monster. Its a 2011 26EFI with speed up kit, aggressive tires and a comfort seat (not yet installed). And I must say so far I am VERY impressed. I cut our lawn with it yesterday in about 40 minutes, a job which used to take me about an hour to an hour fifteen with my '96 model T. I love the new catcher door design and iron cast deck, its a beast for sure. Plus at altitude the 26 has wayy more power than the old 25 non EFI. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great season! Anyone else running newer model walkers? Tell me what you think! :drinkup:

tuffram
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Looks like an awesome machine. I have always wanted one of the babies but I really do not have a need for one of them down south. I hope you enjoy it.

ALC-GregH
06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
you shouldn't leave the garden hose laying around. Or at least move it around every once and awhile. :D Nice mower. I'd like to own one. I could make use of it easy.

MCFISH
06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Sharp looking machine. Be glad you had the speed up preinstalled, I did mine myself the new heavy spring that comes with the kit is a real challenge to get on. I did figure out an easy way to get it on though.
One other add on I did and think did wonders for the machine is add the split tail wheel kit. By spreading the rear wheels apart makes the machine ride a lot better, the machine tracks better easier to maintain a straight line while mowing, seems to hold a side hill better, and no third wheel mark in the stripe.
Only down side that I see with it is you have to be more aware not drop a rear wheel in a flower bed. I still haven't had that happen yet after two years but still need to be aware of the new stance. Takes about two hours of seat time and the new stance becomes second nature.
I all so use the no catch deflector more than I thought I would.
Good luck with your new machine.

Golfpro21
06-16-2011, 07:32 PM
we got the same machine last weekend.....used it today and it saved us an hour and a half over the day. We don't have the speed up kit (yet) we do have the no catch deflector kit and used it alot......cannot see a clipping after your done. We have the low profile tires

flatlander42
06-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I still don't understand how those tires don't tear the turf...even if you are being careful.

Great mowers.

becpropertymaint.
06-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I still don't understand how those tires don't tear the turf...even if you are being careful.

Great mowers.

i have those same tires and let me tell you they are great unless you happen to spin alittle then you leave a nice rut:hammerhead:

MOW ED
06-17-2011, 07:30 AM
I think I am jealous but happy for you. I have the older brother to that mower and its still going strong. Mine is a 2000 MT26EFI and it just turned 2000 hours.
Now you can't do better than being in Ft Collins Colorado, the home of Walker now can you. I love that town. We went on vacation there in 2009 and had I been there in my earlier days, would be living there now.

Enjoy that machine, someday I may have to replace my old friend and it will definately be with another. I just don't know what year it will be.