PDA

View Full Version : Rain!!!!!!!!!!

Get Some...
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
We are going to get a good soaking rain today. :)

tuffram
06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Send some my way. I would be willing to buy it from you!!!

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
06-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Happy face
we got some here too =d

Texas Lawn
06-16-2011, 12:19 PM
texas is having its third worse drought in history. Its getting pretty bad down here. Please spare a little if you can, I can repay you with 100+ degree heat

RLS 2010
06-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Rain? What's that? Can you send some to the East Coast please!?!?!?

tuffram
06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Not one drop here in east central AL since April 27th.

All_Toro_4ME
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Not one drop here in east central AL since April 27th.

How are you still able to mow? Other then irrigation systems, assuming the customers have them. Im sure the yards are bone dry .

Capemay Eagle
06-16-2011, 02:20 PM
I keep hearing that there are parts of PA and MD that are flooded? Has not rained here in a month, at least nothing measurable.

tuffram
06-16-2011, 02:24 PM
How are you still able to mow? Other then irrigation systems, assuming the customers have them. Im sure the yards are bone dry .

They are some of them have dried up to nothing but dirt I have about 4 customers with the worse yards I have stopped cutting until they call me after we get some rain. Currently we are 29'' below our average rainfall but this has been adding up for the past 3 years now. It is so dry the governor has passed a no burn in many counties if you are, caught burning it is a $5000 minimum fine and 6 months in state prison.

Richard Martin
06-16-2011, 03:38 PM
We're in a severe drought here.

http://www.drought.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_792_223_0_43/http%3B/drought.unl.edu/dm/pics/nc_dm.png

Charles
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Severe droughts seem to happen more often in SC . Last year we had a severe drought during the summer.
Finally got some heavy rain from the North yesterday. Unusual to get it from the North in June.
I think the Gulf of Mexico is dead when it comes to producing rain. Use to be that a high pressure(Bermuda high) would meander back and forth out in the Atlantic and bring brief periods of dry and wet weather to the South East, depending on how close to the coast it was located. Bringing moisture up from the Gulf. The entire weather pattern is out of whack and has been that way for many years now.
I can't remember a time when a good bit of most every yard was just dirt:cry: The warm season grasses never got established before the heatwave hit. Back and forth chilly to warm and then 97+ every day:dizzy:

S-205
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I find it amazing how some parts of the Earth have severe flooding, while others are in severe droughts. It can't be distributed evenly?

ALC-GregH
06-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Severe droughts seem to happen more often in SC . Last year we had a severe drought during the summer.
Finally got some heavy rain from the North yesterday. Unusual to get it from the North in June.
I think the Gulf of Mexico is dead when it comes to producing rain. Use to be that a high pressure(Bermuda high) would meander back and forth out in the Atlantic and bring brief periods of dry and wet weather to the South East, depending on how close to the coast it was located. Bringing moisture up from the Gulf. The entire weather pattern is out of whack and has been that way for many years now.
I can't remember a time when a good bit of most every yard was just dirt:cry: The warm season grasses never got established before the heatwave hit. Back and forth chilly to warm and then 97+ every day:dizzy:

I've noticed this too. Seems we're losing 2 seasons a year.

ProStreetCamaro
06-16-2011, 07:27 PM

Unreal isn't it? Non stop rain all spring then at the snap of a finger 3 weeks ago it stopped and got hot and in 3 weeks time everything went from being so wet and deep you could barely get a mower through it to so dry and dusty everything is turning brown and not growing. :dizzy:

QualityLawnCare4u
06-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Well please send us some! Our entire county is on fire right now. My vehicles are covered in ashes and the pool water has turned black from all the fallout.

weeze
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
it's raining here all day today :)

ffemt1271
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
It sucks to be behind, but i actually wish i would be rained out an entire week.
Had to drill another water well and sell off some cows cause of no grass
been nearly a year since we hav a good soaking rain

Charles
06-17-2011, 05:29 PM
It sucks to be behind, but i actually wish i would be rained out an entire week.
Had to drill another water well and sell off some cows cause of no grass
been nearly a year since we hav a good soaking rain

A year? That is terrible. Makes you wonder what has happened to the Gulf moisture supply. We are not getting rain from the Gulf either. La Nina is fading away and hopefully that will change the Southern US drought problem. La Nina didn't bring more Hurricanes hitting the US as it was suppose to. La Nina usually means less rain in the South except for increased tropical activity.
This is the main problem I have with the grass cutting business. Most people don't water the grass around here