PDA

View Full Version : Sore joints in both hands?

l3randonf
06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I am 25 years old.

I just started mowing yards. Maybe 2 yards a day. I woke up the other day and noticed both of my hands had sore joints. It gets better throughout the day but it still lingers.

Could this be from vibration from the weed eaters?

tuffram
06-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Ok lol. If you just started cutting a lot and your hands are just not use to holding a trimmer for long periods of time it could take your hands some time to adjust to it weeks maybe months.

coopmaster
06-16-2011, 05:30 PM
You are 25 and have aches and pains. It doesn't get any better. I'm 54 and cut 7-9 yards a day, most with a 21". Find a different way to make a buck.
Good luck.

gebby
06-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome to lawn care. 3 aspirins in the morning, 3 more in the afternoon and, if needed 3 more in the evening with a cold beer. If you find your legs cramping up you need to drink more water. !6 oz. before you get started and plenty through out the day. That will get you and keep you going. It only gets worse as you age. Soon enough it will be more than just your hands. I also suggest long showers to help take the edge off. :)

ATLandcare
06-16-2011, 05:43 PM
You just gotta get used to manual labor!

l3randonf
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
You are 25 and have aches and pains. It doesn't get any better. I'm 54 and cut 7-9 yards a day, most with a 21". Find a different way to make a buck.
Good luck.

I make my buck as a fireman. I also play hockey. So...I'm very used to being active and physical.

93Chevy
06-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Your hands will get used to it.

I can mow with a walk behind for 10 hours or hold a trimmer for 10 hours...my hands don't get sore anymore...not bragging, but you'll get used to it.

May I suggest some forearm exercises in order to build up your grip strength...

White Gardens
06-16-2011, 07:06 PM
If you can stand wearing gloves, that will help out a lot. I've leaned towards wearing them as much as possible now and it's helping my hands.

25 is pretty early to be complaining. My hands didn't really start causing me any real pain until 30. Every now and then they hurt real bad at night when I'm done and I have to take a few Advil to help. Generally they just ache.

topsites
06-16-2011, 09:27 PM
It's called work and I recommend tough it out, no drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, just tolerance and
I mean Tolerate that pain, and if it gets worse and if it gets a whole lot worse, tolerate it some more.
Trust me, and if it hurts very bad it will make you crazy, and crazy in this business is good.

Yes sir, now you are just beginning to experience where I'm coming from :p

dboyd351
06-16-2011, 10:21 PM
I think it's just that your hands aren't used to the constant vibration. Gloves with the rubber coated (dipped) palm (i.e. Atlas) should help. Might also want to wrap the handlebars with foam, then electrical tape if they aren't already padded. 3 iboprophen in the AM, 3 more around noon and 3 more in the afternoon will also help. Ibuprophen is a good anti-inflammatory, but doesn't stay in the system long, so you need to take several times/day.

elitelawnteam1
06-16-2011, 11:13 PM
It's called work and I recommend tough it out, no drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, just tolerance and
I mean Tolerate that pain, and if it gets worse and if it gets a whole lot worse, tolerate it some more.
Trust me, and if it hurts very bad it will make you crazy, and crazy in this business is good.

Yes sir, now you are just beginning to experience where I'm coming from :p

couldn't have said it better myself.

I get pains in my back alot, mainly because i'm bouncing up and down on the mower, if it gets worse, and i have more money to spend, i'll get me a nice suspension seat for the scag:cool2: