PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a durable biodeg. paper lawn bag holder/stand?

lawncuttinfoo
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Looking for a quality paper bag holder to load clippings into. All I have found are the flimsy ones.
I need it to be freestanding and the edge to be able to hold the ~30 lb bagger as the clippings are folded in.

ALC-GregH
06-16-2011, 06:31 PM
If you're crafty with a welder, you could make one easily.

lawncuttinfoo
06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I do not have a welder, the skills to use one, or the time to make it.
Also, I want to be able to get a replacement fast if I need to. So having someone else make it is out.
Needs to be a mass market item.

Roger
06-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Last Fall, I saw some homeowners in my area using cardboard shells to hold the paper bags. In my area, no burning of leaves, so those not mulched are bagged into paper bags, put to the curb for recycle into a compost pile.

The shell was a simple cardboard one that folded flat when not in use. It is opened, the paper bag inserted, and when full, the shell is pulled out over the top, leaving the full bag standing.

I have also seen plastic shells that are slightly tapered, wider at the bottom. The top is an opening that is covered with a large funnel. The two pieces are separate. When filling, the funnel is atop, when the bag is full, the funnel taken off, the shell is lift out over top. Local hardware stores were carrying these in the Fall. This can be used for both paper, or plastic, bags.