PDA

View Full Version : Where is my fuel shut off switch on Toro Commercial 21 inch?

l3randonf
06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Below is a picture of my fuel line and fuel filter. There is no fuel cut off switch. I told this to a friend of mine in the business, and without looking at it, he stated that this is probably not right. He says that he thinks someone has possibly modified my mower. I bought the mower used off of craigslist...

Anyways...here is the fuel line and fuel filter. Is there something missing?

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=221906&stc=1&d=1306012341

tuffram
06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Looks like someone has removed it to me it should be a few inches from where the line comes out of the botton of the tank.

l3randonf
06-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Why would someone do this?

I do know that the current motor and deck I have were not originally together. Someone added the motor to the deck at some point. I am assuming the motor went bad and so they dropped a new one in.

Perhaps the cutoff switch was lost in the process?

I guess it's not a big deal but it makes me wonder what else was missed...

tuffram
06-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Yours looks just like mine it has a Kawasaki engine with oil filter. I to bought mine used last year but mine is all original even have the original bagger, mulch plug, and side discharge shoot. Mine is a Exmark basically the same mower as a Toro just a different name on it.

Roger
06-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I have a Toro Proline with a 2 cycle Sizuki, ... no in-line shutoff, never has been. I've never had a 21" hand mower with a fuel shutoff in the fuel line.

l3randonf
06-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Yours looks just like mine it has a Kawasaki engine with oil filter. I to bought mine used last year but mine is all original even have the original bagger, mulch plug, and side discharge shoot. Mine is a Exmark basically the same mower as a Toro just a different name on it.

Mine doesnt have side discharge. I guess thats one of the differences between the toro and exmark.

l3randonf
06-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Someone hacked my account. Had to delete this message.

tuffram
06-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Mine doesnt have side discharge. I guess thats one of the differences between the toro and exmark.

Mine is not side discharge. It has the discharge door on the right rear.