PDA

View Full Version : who else isnt getting paid ?

HHlandscaping
06-16-2011, 10:44 PM
1 why are we so low on bill list to get paid??

2 and does anyone else have buddy's/ family that are really slow at paying and

you dont know how to kinda be like hey remember those 6 cuts we did already?

3 or how about the I get paid on thursday come back around 6 wtf

Golfpro21
06-16-2011, 10:53 PM
sorry cannot relate, we only take on clients that have a credit card on file, and pay a monthly invoice...........70 accounts not one is a non-payer

Dr.NewEarth
06-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't like doing business with friends or family.

Put Canadian Flag Here^

jbannick18
06-17-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm about to start having everyone pay on the 1st. I'm tired of charging my cc for food, gas, etc etc and then have people pay late and never be able to get the balance back down b/c by the time all the checks are in I'm already 15 days into the next month.

I started doing online billing and it seems to have made it worse. More people paid on time when I made them write checks. Think I'm going back to that.

chuacro
06-17-2011, 12:59 AM
I use different methods of payment. I am solo. I bill weekly, every 2 weeks and monthly. I leave an invoice with self addressed envelope. Yeah sometimes they forget to pay and I add this to the next invoice. I only had one customer screw me and he for some reason has had no grass growing for the last 2 years. Now that I think about it he is happy to not have to cut his front lawn grass. Might have to rethink.

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Lawn money comes in slowly....

I have dished out over 7k in landscaping material, payroll, and Gas. And havent even got a dime for most of it.

Im to the point where i am telling customers leave me a check under the front mat by 7AM And i will provide my landscaping services Such as mulch, trimming, etc.

I dont care, i can drop the guys off and go get mulch or materials and come back to the site if i have to! Its cheaper for me to do that than perform the job and NOT get paid!

I really think Our customers think we all have huge mansions with Benjamin trees in our backyards!

Get Some...
06-17-2011, 01:20 AM
This year 100% paid........
Last year the same.....

FLAhaulboy
06-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Immediate payment after completion. If the client isn't home at the time I get finished, I have them mail me a check. I get paid promptly.

lawnkingforever
06-17-2011, 07:49 AM
I am usually on my game when it comes to payments. This year because of being so busy I let my guard down. I have some stragglers that are slow paying me. I just ordered a rubber ink stamp from Vistaprint with the words "PAST DUE" on it. I will be using the stamp and sending a letter to all stragglers stating that monthly billing will no longer be available to them if they cannot pay within terms. I have never had a problem with any of these people before I offered monthly billing, they always left a check for each mowing. Now they feel they can just send in a check whenever they feel like it.

fireman gus
06-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Out of the 80 or so mowing accounts we have we have 1 person that is slow. He is new this year and since he is now 2 months behind we just informed him we were suspending service. Will we get paid? I hope so but I know we won't be doing anymore mowing for him even if he does pay. I hate mowing and then waiting for payment.