PDA

View Full Version : Walker advice on wheels from users please

oxfordlawn
06-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Im going to grab a small Walker 18 hp 42" deck for gated yards. My dealer has in the showroom a model with 2 smaller wheels in the back as opposed to the one usual larger. The brochure and internet show the same mower with the 1 larger in the back. Which is preferable?? I feel the larger wont leave turn around divots as easily, is this true?? Thats what I want--no divots! :)

flatlander42
06-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Get the two wheels. My navigator has the large tail wheel, and it will and does leave a little twist mark, when wet. The walker I used for years before my navigator never had that problem....and it had the two center tail wheels.

MOW ED
06-17-2011, 08:15 AM
I have a Walker and have owned both. I will always get the dual tail wheels. As stated the big single will leave a divot and when you think about it it makes sense. When you stop to turn that wheel plants and spins, creating a divot. The dual can make a divot but is less likely as you get better with the mower. The wheels counter-rotate on the turns making it less likely to divot. The single tail wheel admittedly makes a nicer solid stripe but I like the dual wheels for the reasons given above. Good choice in mower!

oxfordlawn
06-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Thank you very much for the replies. Great info