PDA

View Full Version : G6 Gator Blades

NORTHMAN
06-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Does anyone use G6 Gator Blades?How do they do in northern spring growth?Side discharge?Thanks.

Kingfish
07-17-2011, 07:40 PM
bump:):):):)

NORTHMAN
07-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the bump Kingfish.

jp1119
07-17-2011, 11:33 PM
All of our gator blades are the G6 type... but we dont run anything but extreme hilifts in the spring. They work great as long as its dry. Early morning dew will slow you down. They do work much better compared to the older lower lift gators though. Hope this helps.

Kingfish
07-19-2011, 05:34 PM
my g6's are here.i ordered them saturday morning and got them on tuesday.good going landscaperpro.they are going on a 2010 ferris DD.

cimkill
07-22-2011, 03:33 PM
All of our gator blades are the G6 type... but we dont run anything but extreme hilifts in the spring. They work great as long as its dry. Early morning dew will slow you down. They do work much better compared to the older lower lift gators though. Hope this helps.

When you say they slow you down how much more than regular blades. I have just regular blades on my mowers; hustlerz and ferris IS3100. I cut in mostly wet grass but am interested in cleaner discharge. Thankyou.

jp1119
07-24-2011, 12:12 PM
When you say they slow you down how much more than regular blades. I have just regular blades on my mowers; hustlerz and ferris IS3100. I cut in mostly wet grass but am interested in cleaner discharge. Thankyou.

Hi lift blades we will run full stick most of the time when the gators are on and the grass is wet to damp run about half stick or less to reduce clumps until things dry up. This time of year we actually change blades at lunch time because the morning dew is like rain here hilifts in am and gators in pm. We run all grasshopper, the hustlers in the area really struggle in wet conditions but the ferris' seem to do really well

cimkill
07-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Thank you JP1119 I might buy some to see how they do down here. It rains sometimes for 7-10 days at a time. So I need something that can deal with very wet grass, but want to try the gators if they dissintigrate grass as people say. I live in central america and grass grows 1.5 feet a week sometimes cause of our rainfall and warm climate. People here cant pay for more than biweekly cuts so my mowers take a beating. Thankyou for the info.

jp1119
07-24-2011, 10:25 PM
You are very welcome for the info if i were in your situation i would run the most extreme hi-lift blades i could find good luck and be safe

cimkill
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
You are very welcome for the info if i were in your situation i would run the most extreme hi-lift blades i could find good luck and be safe

Thanks again will take your advice with high lifts, so you wouldnt try the gators?

Kingfish
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
my g6's are here.i ordered them saturday morning and got them on tuesday.good going landscaperpro.they are going on a 2010 ferris DD.

In the northeast the blade's seemed to work very good.they make the mower stripe very well.the clippings seemed smaller then what the high lifts do.

I'll have more when the grass starts growing more.

Kingfish
05-16-2012, 06:39 PM
In the northeast the blade's seemed to work very good.they make the mower stripe very well.the clippings seemed smaller then what the high lifts do.

I'll have more when the grass starts growing more.

The guys who blow off the sidewalks say the g6's chop the grass up more then the high lifts.