PDA

View Full Version : Ferris IS3100zp cut quality vs. Exmark Lazer zx p

cimkill
06-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Please help me out here. I see great youtube videos of exmark and hustler cuts but cant see what kind of jobs ferris does. Is the cut quality that far off with the Ferris? Will appreciate any feedback thankyou. Have to have Propane mowers!

tuffram
06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Please help me out here. I see great youtube videos of exmark and hustler cuts but cant see what kind of jobs ferris does. Is the cut quality that far off with the Ferris? Will appreciate any feedback thankyou. Have to have Propane mowers!

From what I read on here and from the people I talk to in the industry the general conscious is Scag Velocity Plus decks provide the best cut period from there its just an argument for the rest of the brands out there. Hustler went to a new deck design this year the VX4 deck it will take a few years for it to prove itself in the field so really can't say the hustlers are on the same level as the others with there cut right now. You will probably hear a lot of people on here say John Deere 7iron decks have the best cut but, for the price of a John Deere the deck should leave gold stripes in the grass after it cuts it. I would think the Ferris cut would be as good as the exmark's, Bob Cat's, Kubota etc.

cimkill
06-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Tuffram I have noticed that scag does make a propane mower. I need something that will handle wet moist grass it rains 9 months a year here and grass grows like crazy. my hustler z is doing well but is old and am afraid of it breaking down so have to buy new equipment I need propane cause it can be purchased at a savings of $4.00 a gallon less here in Belize

tuffram
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Tuffram I have noticed that scag does make a propane mower. I need something that will handle wet moist grass it rains 9 months a year here and grass grows like crazy. my hustler z is doing well but is old and am afraid of it breaking down so have to buy new equipment I need propane cause it can be purchased at a savings of $4.00 a gallon less here in Belize

I would consider the Scag First. I will be in the market for a bigger ZTR next year and I will be trying to find a used scag or Kubota.

R & R Yard Designs
06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
We just got a 3100 z and I will say the cut is the same if not better them my exmark. I bought it for my dad for when we cut park district. He will run to get on the ferris over the exmark or bunton. The ride on it is like nothing else my dad says that is his new son, so now he is taking better care of it then me. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

cimkill
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
We just got a 3100 z and I will say the cut is the same if not better them my exmark. I bought it for my dad for when we cut park district. He will run to get on the ferris over the exmark or bunton. The ride on it is like nothing else my dad says that is his new son, so now he is taking better care of it then me. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the imput i just talked to a dealer that axed exmark and replaced it with ferris he said that prior to 7 months ago exmark cut better but that ferris improved there deck design since then and people that try them are purchasing them over hustler which is the other make he carries. Supposedly alot better cut over rough terrain is that also true? thanks for your reply im soaking all this in prior to my purchase. Now looking at scag aswell.

LawnCareNoobie
06-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Scags and Exmarks are priced higher than John Deere in my area...Kubotas are too but I'll give it a pass because of the diesel.

Chevy z71
06-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Scags and Exmarks are priced higher than John Deere in my area...Kubotas are too but I'll give it a pass because of the diesel.

Yay i don't know why people say you pay more for the green paint but there all the same price.