PDA

View Full Version : Can you help identify this tree?

Lefet
06-17-2011, 03:46 PM
My client would like this trimmed back. There's actually a window behind it. I'm not familiar with this particular tree and haven't seen another anywhere. Any idea what it is and what's the best way to go about trimming/pruning it? The center has multiple stems from the ground up.

Think Green
06-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Photina Frazeri--"Red Tip Photina!!

Bring that bush down below the window around 12 inches or so because the photina has a fast growth rate once they are trimmed.
I am quite amazed that this bush hasn't been attacked by the black spot disease yet.

Lefet
06-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Thank you Think Green. So it would be good to just lop if at the center? Should I wait until the end of the season?

Think Green
06-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I cut these things on all my residential customers homes locally. It all depends on where these shrubs are located on how I trim them. I trim a couple espalier and a couple like trees. These plants are real resilient so as long as the customer keeps the plant watered and fertilized...............the plant will recover without problem.

Cut that darn thing off midway across and even out the sides. Tell the customer, the center of the plant will be bare as no leaves from light deprivation. Leaves will regrow within a month.

Lefet
06-17-2011, 08:02 PM
I cut these things on all my residential customers homes locally. It all depends on where these shrubs are located on how I trim them. I trim a couple espalier and a couple like trees. These plants are real resilient so as long as the customer keeps the plant watered and fertilized...............the plant will recover without problem.

Cut that darn thing off midway across and even out the sides. Tell the customer, the center of the plant will be bare as no leaves from light deprivation. Leaves will regrow within a month.

That's about what I was thinking, thanks!