PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet M50s isn't cutting right.

p95loser
06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
I have had my 2006 Cub Cadet M50s for two years now and haven't been able to get the thing to cut like I like it. I had it where I could live with it until I borrowed my Father In Law's Toro Timesaver (which was a lot cheaper) and am jealous of his ride and cut.

The Cub Cadet will not cut low at all, it's like the blades are stuck way up high in the deck and no matter how low I cut, it just rolls on the leveling wheels and cuts high.

The thing also leaves the sprigs of cat tails that are over 7". The rest of the grass isnt thick when it does it, it just doesnt cut the tall stuff at all.

Any ideas on modifications or adjustments I can make to fix these issues? Should I just sell it and buy a new timesaver? I mow 2 hours a week (2.5 acres).

Poontamer
06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Cut the leading edge of the deck all the way to the top. Easy fix lol
Posted via Mobile Device

StanWilhite
06-17-2011, 07:56 PM
I have had my 2006 Cub Cadet M50s for two years now and haven't been able to get the thing to cut like I like it. I had it where I could live with it until I borrowed my Father In Law's Toro Timesaver (which was a lot cheaper) and am jealous of his ride and cut.

The Cub Cadet will not cut low at all, it's like the blades are stuck way up high in the deck and no matter how low I cut, it just rolls on the leveling wheels and cuts high.

The thing also leaves the sprigs of cat tails that are over 7". The rest of the grass isnt thick when it does it, it just doesnt cut the tall stuff at all.

Any ideas on modifications or adjustments I can make to fix these issues? Should I just sell it and buy a new timesaver? I mow 2 hours a week (2.5 acres).

Are your "anti-scalping" deck wheels adjustable? If they are, are they in the highest settings?

If they are, and the cut is still too high in most cases you can use spacers/washers to lower your blades on the spindles.

jacup84
06-17-2011, 08:50 PM
i can scalp the ground with my M60 measure your blades how far they are of the ground to your height setting and i can stripe anything cuts great if you have good sharp blades also high lift blades work amazing on these mowers with a 1/4 tp 1/8 pitch. also if you wantit to cut lower raise your anti scalp wheels up and raise your stripper up to the higher holes, but i dont see why you want to cut so low with all my anti scalp with on lowest setting and stripper on lowest setting i can mow at 2 1/4 fine and that is short