PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, I got to work in the rain 2 days in a row!

FLAhaulboy
06-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Got up at 5 this morning, doing prep work at 6:30 and boy was it humid :cry: I thought, another hot nasty wrenched day coming on! I was trimming trees yesterday & it rained for several hours & this morn it rained heavy while trimming more trees elsewhere. I love working in the rain!

Anybody else enjoy working in the rain? I didn't look so handsome, soaking wet w/sawdust all over me, but it was cool for me :drinkup:

stickleylawncare
06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
We got about 10 minutes of rain, then pure sun again right after... nothing like mowing in clouds of humidity. ;)

unkownfl
06-17-2011, 09:17 PM
no rain in cfl during the working hours. It was 105 on my display almost all week.

Patriot Services
06-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Lake Wales in Polk cty had hail and 50mph winds around 5pm. Tampa had a late downpour on Wednesday.
Posted via Mobile Device

QualityLawnCare4u
06-17-2011, 09:46 PM
I would be absolutely estatic to work in a Noah's ark downpour it is so dry right now!

Ric
06-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Yo

And the Down Side is with the humidity we have a Heat Index well over a 100 degrees. This has been the hottest spring I can remember and I lived in Florida longer than some of you have been alive.

FLAhaulboy
06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm hearing the words "stifling hot" a lot lately, I say it, my clients say it. Stifling to me, is when its extremely hot with no windy breeze blowing at all. Its been pure torture lately working in this heat! It seems our Florida summers are getting hotter every yr & last yr was just as bad as this one. When it rains, the heat index drops by 10 degrees or more, last week, the temp dropped to 69 degrees after a severe storm came thru our area.

justanotherlawnguy
06-26-2011, 10:11 PM
I got to change my starter in the rain Friday night! Lots of fun..
Posted via Mobile Device

rreyn1812
06-27-2011, 06:31 AM
About 33 days and counting with no rain! No rain projected for next 7 days! Grass going dormant and so am I. :sleeping: Would love to do anything in the rain!!

Ric
06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
The Rain is never perfect and today I am rained out early. But I would rather have Rain right now than a Drought.

Our normal Rain pattern comes from the N W. Right now we are getting a lot of Rain from the S W which is normally where we get our No Name storms and Hurricanes From. Of Course I am talking Gulf Coast South Florida. N E and S E storms are not normal or all that bad as a general rule. But S W storms can be a bear