PDA

View Full Version : mulch question

Roachy
06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas here. I removed an entire bed of pachysandra, mostly by hand. I am going to put mulch overtop instead. I know that there are still some roots leftover from my weeding. Do you recommend just using roundup over whats left and then mulch, or putting a weed liner:dizzy: over top. I just dont want this stuff to come back through the mulch and its not easy to remove every root.

Think Green
06-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I am trying to visualize this bed in my mind.
If this bed has an occasional plant to three, then upsell weed fabric.......a higher quality one because the pachysandra will push through the mulch and resprout. You will spend a few trips back and forth post spraying because to me it is like spraying Hedera Helix.... roundup will not be very detrimental to it unless you are direct spraying it without dilution. If you can keep from cutting plant holes as much as possible and lay the fabric down in one piece, you will prevent the return calls. Then after all is said and done apply the mulch.
I think you may have an occasional outbreak. The customer needs to realize this and a fee for return trips is inevitable. Hopefully the solarization process will prevent outbreaks.