PDA

View Full Version : Let's see some trailer setups.

exmarkguy123
06-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Just thought it would be fun to get a thread together where everyone can show their trailers, whether they are open or enclosed. :)

exmarkguy123
06-18-2011, 08:12 PM
i guess not

93Chevy
06-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Looks good I like it. Congarts.

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Well you've already seen mine but here ya go! Here is My Mowing crew number 2's Trailer.
We use it to haul mowers and to pull our mini Dingo to Jobs
http://70.85.43.66/attachment.php?attachmentid=223035&stc=1&d=1307395026
http://s3.racingjunk.com/ui/4/10/22106104-210-8X14-Landscaping-SkidSteer-Trailer.jpg

mowerbrad
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
These aren't the best, but it should give you an idea how my trailer is set up...

exmarkguy123
06-18-2011, 11:40 PM
These aren't the best, but it should give you an idea how my trailer is set up...

That yellow looks sharp, and I love the taller mesh in the front!

TriCityLawnCareLLC
06-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Brad,
I've noticed in this thread an others that you're a solo guy. The Quick trak is new yeah? My question is, being solo, how do you benefit from a rider and a stand-on? I ask because I'm solo, i currently only have a z and a 21'' walk behind. I run a nice Kubota Ztr. Anyhow, I'm in the market to add either a new walkbehind or I would love to have a stander. How has the stander helped you vs a walkbehind? Thanks Man.

mowerbrad
06-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Brad,
I've noticed in this thread an others that you're a solo guy. The Quick trak is new yeah? My question is, being solo, how do you benefit from a rider and a stand-on? I ask because I'm solo, i currently only have a z and a 21'' walk behind. I run a nice Kubota Ztr. Anyhow, I'm in the market to add either a new walkbehind or I would love to have a stander. How has the stander helped you vs a walkbehind? Thanks Man.

I was really wanting to have a back-up mower and a mower that I could use on smaller properties. I don't work a whole lot being solo and only doing this part-time outside of classes and working as a fire fighter. For the past several years I was only running a ztr and a 21" mower, so if my previous mower had broken down, I was down until I could get my mower fixed (my old dealer didn't have loaners at all). I don't have time to have my mower down for repairs when I really neeed to get my accounts done.

I've been planning on purchasing another new mower since last fall (I knew it would be another Deere). I was debating between a 36" or 48" hydro walkbehind and a 48" stander. I knew I wanted a mower that could be used on smaller properties, hills and also be fairly productive on my larger accounts should my ztr be out of service for any reason. I quickly ruled out a 36" walkbehind for the fact that it wouldn't be as productive on my larger accounts, so it was between a 48" walkbehind and a 48" stander. I was more familiar with standers than walkbehinds and I really liked the stander concept better. Pricewise, the stander was just a few hundred dollars more than a comparable walkbehind, so price wasn't a deciding factor. Really what sold me was the productivity, manuverability and comfort that a stander offers, plus the Deere has the 7ironPRO deck which I love. I don't regret my decision to purchase the stander, I have loved every minute I have spent on that machine. I can do pretty much everything a walkbehind can and still be quicker on larger lawns...plus it takes up about the same space on the trailer.

PlantscapeSolutions
06-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Here's a quick shot of my rig. Everything is set up for speed and safety. All the mowers have Prolockers on the wheels. I have modified the racks for the blowers to better support them. There is a 2.5 gallon mix can in a wall mounted box just out of the picture for quick refills. The metal box in the front holds another 10 gallons of gas and 7.5 gallons of mix. All other string trimmer racks are junk compared to the Extreme Series.

All the walls, ramp, and floors have an extra layer of 1/2" plywood I added. The crappy skylights have been replaced with RV units that have a lifetime warranty. I've built different hedge trimmer racks since this picture was taken. There is an 8' and 3' ladder in the ceiling rack I built.

This is the first enclosed trailer I've ever owned but it looks better then any competitors trailers I've ever seen on the road.

Falcon50EX
06-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Brad, very nice setup but what do you do about blowers and trimmers just use the back of the truck? I am only guessing but grass clipping how are they to off load from the front of the trailer?

FerrisDiesel
06-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Brad, I love your trailer, very clean set-up. Let me ask not just you a question, but everyone who owns a stander......I have been a long time Z user, and now I am back to using walk behinds as part of my own business. Standers look cool and I am sure they mow great and are great for tight spots, but wouldn't you rather sit all day than stand? I am going to have to buy a new mower next year, and alot of people up here are moving to standers. The old company I worked for had one walk behind and 5 ferris Z's.....all with dump baggers. They worked great for clean-up season cause we could vac everything up and dump it curbside to vac up with the loader......
I guess im rambling now, just wondering if a stander is right for me

mowerbrad
06-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Brad, I love your trailer, very clean set-up. Let me ask not just you a question, but everyone who owns a stander......I have been a long time Z user, and now I am back to using walk behinds as part of my own business. Standers look cool and I am sure they mow great and are great for tight spots, but wouldn't you rather sit all day than stand? I am going to have to buy a new mower next year, and alot of people up here are moving to standers. The old company I worked for had one walk behind and 5 ferris Z's.....all with dump baggers. They worked great for clean-up season cause we could vac everything up and dump it curbside to vac up with the loader......

I have so many accounts that require/want me to bag, so my ztr gets used the most since it has the nice bagging system on it. I have a side bagger for my stander which works well but when there is just no substitute for a nice powerflow bagger.

Whether a stander is right for you is up to you. Personally, I find that standing is quite comfortable even when using it all day. Getting on and off to move debris is extremely quick. Now if you mow large lots (1/2 acre and larger) you will probably want to get a ztr, for most residential lots a stander works awesomely. After I demoed my first stander 2 years ago, I fell in love with the stander concept. But I still needed a ztr for bagging and leaf season. I would highly suggest getting a demo of a stander to see for yourself.

Brad, very nice setup but what do you do about blowers and trimmers just use the back of the truck? I am only guessing but grass clipping how are they to off load from the front of the trailer?

Blowers and trimmers go in the back of the truck for now. One day I'll get racks and put them on the trailer, but for now the back of the truck works perfectly.

The trailer does have a 54" side gate on the curb side in the front, so unloading leaves/ grass is quite easy. For most of the mowing season, I just have a tarp on the floor of the trailer and empty my mower a few times a day on to the tarp, then at the end of the day I can just drag the tarp right off the trailer and be done with it. But in the fall when I have a trailer full of leaves, I drop all the gates and start blowing with the leaf blower. The longest I have ever taken to unload a full trailer of leaves was about 30 minutes (by myself).

Lawn Enforcer
06-19-2011, 12:04 PM

Brad has pretty much hit all the points very well on this subject. I only run standers, a 52" Everride Scorpion and a 34" Everride Scorpion FX. I demoed a 52" Lazer HP before I bought the 52" Scorpion, I could hardly use it on most of my residential lawns because it was bulky. The 52" Scorpion can be used on every single lawn that I mow if necessary.
When I first brought home the Scorpion to demo, my dad just looked at it and said, "with my back back, no way we're buying that." I threw him on it and let him cut for half a day with it, and his back and legs felt great. We upgraded from a Dixon with the most expensive suspension seat we could buy for it, and he loved the Scorpion 100x more. Easy to handle, control, load on a trailer, work on, etc.

Bamboopro
06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Here's a quick shot of my rig. Everything is set up for speed and safety. All the mowers have Prolockers on the wheels. I have modified the racks for the blowers to better support them. There is a 2.5 gallon mix can in a wall mounted box just out of the picture for quick refills. The metal box in the front holds another 10 gallons of gas and 7.5 gallons of mix. All other string trimmer racks are junk compared to the Extreme Series.

All the walls, ramp, and floors have an extra layer of 1/2" plywood I added. The crappy skylights have been replaced with RV units that have a lifetime warranty. I've built different hedge trimmer racks since this picture was taken. There is an 8' and 3' ladder in the ceiling rack I built.

This is the first enclosed trailer I've ever owned but it looks better then any competitors trailers I've ever seen on the road.

That is some impressive lettering you have there. Good work.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
06-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks Brad for answering my question.

Rock River Lawns LLC
06-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Pics are not the best but you can kind of see what I have. Trimmers are on a rack to the left of the pics. Finally bought the enclosed this spring, wish i would have years ago! absolutely love not having to load and unload not to mention having all the tools i need with me at all times.

Rock River Lawns LLC
06-28-2011, 09:10 AM
2nd try for pics

LALawnboy
06-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Plantscape, you definitely have one of the most organized setups I've seen on here. The graphics look sharp as well.

eatonpcat
06-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Looks good I like it. Congarts.

That's freakin' hilarious!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hangtastic
06-29-2011, 11:26 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/16gebt.jpghttp://i56.tinypic.com/11vjxus.jpghttp://i56.tinypic.com/5e8sia.jpg

bobcat48
06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice trailers,they look great!

RayLJ1104
07-01-2011, 02:26 AM
So I'm am semi-solo...I have someone help some days, I do it part time, and yes that is a car pulling the trailer. The truck just gets too few MPG and the car can pull the weight with no problem, it is about 1000lbs under the capacity.

THEGOLDPRO
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
So I'm am semi-solo...I have someone help some days, I do it part time, and yes that is a car pulling the trailer. The truck just gets too few MPG and the car can pull the weight with no problem, it is about 1000lbs under the capacity.

lol............

SNAPPER MAN
07-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Roflmao!
Posted via Mobile Device

Cummins343
07-01-2011, 07:11 PM
man, people still making fun of other people on here...site hasn't changed one bit since I left

THEGOLDPRO
07-01-2011, 07:33 PM
man, people still making fun of other people on here...site hasn't changed one bit since I left

Did you really think it was going to change??

THEGOLDPRO
07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
My trailer.http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=583&pictureid=4727

punt66
07-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Do any of you guys work? Your trailers are so fricken clean hahah

THEGOLDPRO
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Mine looks clean from far away.

deerewashed
07-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Mine looks clean from far away.

for those of you who watch pawn stars/are major car fanatics, what goldpro is referring to is called a 20/20..........20 feet away, 20mph it looks damn good.

THEGOLDPRO
07-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Good from far, But far from good.

punt66
07-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Good from far, But far from good.

The plywood on the inside of my enclosed is BLACK.

RJR7110
07-02-2011, 09:07 AM

Yea I know man. If a car is getting the job done and he has his business set up the right way, then I don't see the problem.

RayLJ1104
07-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I have a truck, but the 302 loves gas. With my flatbed loaded I get around 10-13 MPG, with my little Dodge Neon I get 25 MPG. On a normal day of work that is around a $30 savings...who doesn't want to save 30 dollars a day...That is why I run the Neon, not the Flatbed

93Chevy
07-02-2011, 05:48 PM
If you have trouble covering your everyday business expenses, maybe you should reconsider your business strategy.

That's why I'm not self employed anymore.

j-ville native
07-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I have a truck, but the 302 loves gas. With my flatbed loaded I get around 10-13 MPG, with my little Dodge Neon I get 25 MPG. On a normal day of work that is around a $30 savings...who doesn't want to save 30 dollars a day...That is why I run the Neon, not the Flatbed

Your actually loosing money using that car...

You'll have a hard time getting new accounts driving that car around. It looks very unprofessional. It looks like somebody who just decided to start a lawn business yesterday and will give up on day 3. Even if you get new accounts with that car, you won't make nearly as much as the guy with a truck because the only reason anyone would hire someone with a car is because he doesn't charge as much as the guy with the truck.

Also, that car isn't meant to tow anything. You could be doing some damage to the transmission. I think it may get 25-30 mpg without a trailer but with a trailer I don't think you could get the 25 mpg you say you can get.

RayLJ1104
07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Your actually loosing money using that car...

You'll have a hard time getting new accounts driving that car around. It looks very unprofessional. It looks like somebody who just decided to start a lawn business yesterday and will give up on day 3. Even if you get new accounts with that car, you won't make nearly as much as the guy with a truck because the only reason anyone would hire someone with a car is because he doesn't charge as much as the guy with the truck.

Also, that car isn't meant to tow anything. You could be doing some damage to the transmission. I think it may get 25-30 mpg without a trailer but with a trailer I don't think you could get the 25 mpg you say you can get.
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-02-2011, 10:39 PM
i agree but also understand why he wants the fuel economy if all of our truck got 8-10 mpg it would break us in comparison our rangers loaded get 25 mpg and it takes less then 50.00 a day to run out the jobs they do .where as our old trailer crews cost 150 a day ........ If you consider whith the load your car is pulling a nissan truck would get the same as the car and look more professional ...... but it will not be a family car like you have in the pic .
we use a few cars for jobs and things as well and 40 mpg is a great thing if you know what i am saying.

nick2765
07-03-2011, 12:06 AM
does anyone have home made trimmer racks for there enclosed trailer. Would like fab some up for the new trailer im getting if its even possible.:cool2:

XLS
07-03-2011, 10:25 AM
nick i am not picking but its simple to make basic racks
3`of 1.25``square tube x #2main tubes

6"of1.25"square tube x #2wall spacers

and then 1.25x1/8"x4"long flat stock to formthe hangers
then use 1/4" stock to fab the wall mounts
in 2 hours a simple rack is done
Posted via Mobile Device

nick2765
07-04-2011, 09:56 AM
nick i am not picking but its simple to make basic racks
3`of 1.25``square tube x #2main tubes

6"of1.25"square tube x #2wall spacers

and then 1.25x1/8"x4"long flat stock to formthe hangers
then use 1/4" stock to fab the wall mounts
in 2 hours a simple rack is done
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man, yea that seems real simple to make, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of one you have made would you.

XLS
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
not ofthat exact design but i got a simple one some where ill locate it tomorrow and txt pic to phone.......or it will be the weekend if i remember it....but dont care to show you
Posted via Mobile Device

KPZ Enterprises
07-04-2011, 01:32 PM
heres some pics from last yr, both trucks r gone and have been replaced with a 09 power wagon and a 05 cummings, ill post some new pics next time were out cutting if the grass hasnt burnt out by then!!!! :dizzy:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/kzim61/1121101028b.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/kzim61/0825101122a.jpg

mjlcare2
07-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't forget guys there are two types of business's here catering to two different types of clients. There is business X using a car to pull a trailer with a walk-behind and push mower serving 20-30 client X's who only wants to pay $20 to have their lawn cut and thats it.. Then there is business Y using 10 Ford F250's or Izuzu box trucks pulling 10 double axle trailers with bigger mowers of all kinds serving commercial clients or customers who want more done than yard cuts, i.e, landscaping, new sod, trees, etc. for alot more than $20..

They arent even competition for each other.. each one can do a different job than the other.. If your going to compare apples to apples make sure its not apple sauce.

exmarkguy123
07-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Don't forget guys there are two types of business's here catering to two different types of clients. There is business X using a car to pull a trailer with a walk-behind and push mower serving 20-30 client X's who only wants to pay $20 to have their lawn cut and thats it.. Then there is business Y using 10 Ford F250's or Izuzu box trucks pulling 10 double axle trailers with bigger mowers of all kinds serving commercial clients or customers who want more done than yard cuts, i.e, landscaping, new sod, trees, etc. for alot more than $20..

They arent even competition for each other.. each one can do a different job than the other.. If your going to compare apples to apples make sure its not apple sauce.

No one is comparing anything. This thread is designed to showcase ALL trailer setups whether it is a smaller setup or a larger outfit.

Gilmore.Landscaping
07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
OK i wasn't going to post because I new I would get ripped apart, but since there is now a car pic posted I will too.

Enjoy

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y-jRbKBhtxQ/ThoZ7xOxVeI/AAAAAAAAAvM/jb0H0nE0-Hw/s640/IMG00207-20110412-1927.jpg

mjlcare2
07-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Everyone was laughing at the guy with the setup behind his car.. just making the statement they are in two different markets

siberslug
07-10-2011, 07:38 PM
That's what I'm talking about.
I got rid of my V6 Escape and bought a 4cyl Escape, While all these super high overhead so called good business people that are paying $800+ in gas a month for there truck are laughing at us, were getting great MPG, I'm getting 21+ in the city and 25+ on the highway while pulling my 1300 pound trailer and equipment and I'm only paying $230 a month in gas on 23 weekly accts :cool2::clapping:

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
it not all about the mpg i pull my 16 foot trailer around with a f450 dump it get 10mpg but it all about having the accounts to cover your expenses. but i could never see working out of something that you had no place to throw yard waste. And with also using a car/suv what about delivering material to a job site

mjlcare2
07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Coastal Lawn stated my point exactly.. These guys work in two different markets.. Guy with car/ ford escape does the mow,blow,go yards whereas dump truck guy can do the extra work you just cant do without the larger vehicle

They don't even compete against one another because big guy cant do the mow and go 23 yards a week whereas little guy cant do the larger jobs the big guy can

mlavin73
07-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Was out taking some pictures of my equipment today and will start a thread showing my stuff. Here are two pictures of my trailer setup. I try to keep everything in order since space is limited. Think I would like to upgrade to a larger trailer next year.

THEGOLDPRO
07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
That's what I'm talking about.
I got rid of my V6 Escape and bought a 4cyl Escape, While all these super high overhead so called good business people that are paying $800+ in gas a month for there truck are laughing at us, were getting great MPG, I'm getting 21+ in the city and 25+ on the highway while pulling my 1300 pound trailer and equipment and I'm only paying $230 a month in gas on 23 weekly accts :cool2::clapping:

That's all fine and dandy if you are Pulling a tiny little trailer with a few tiny little mowers. And only want 23 weekly accounts.

My trailer weight's 7k+ pounds loaded down, with that said i need a big gas guzzling truck to tow it around, not some Ford ranger/Escape/Dodge neon. Then again i have roughly 4x as many accounts as you do.

That's the difference between someone who is doing this more or less for a hobby and someone trying to make a decent living doing it.

RSK Property Maintenance
07-10-2011, 11:31 PM
That's all fine and dandy if you are Pulling a tiny little trailer with a few tiny little mowers. And only want 23 weekly accounts.

My trailer weight's 7k+ pounds loaded down, with that said i need a big gas guzzling truck to tow it around, not some Ford ranger/Escape/Dodge neon. Then again i have roughly 4x as many accounts as you do.

That's the difference between someone who is doing this more or less for a hobby and someone trying to make a decent living doing it.

Well said, but I prefer diesel guzzling. Gas is for lawn mowers and handheld equipment! J/k
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Well said, but I prefer diesel guzzling. Gas is for lawn mowers and handheld equipment! J/k
Posted via Mobile Device

lol then let me revise my statement and say "with that said i need a big fuel guzzling truck to tow it around"

bobcat48
07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Was out taking some pictures of my equipment today and will start a thread showing my stuff. Here are two pictures of my trailer setup. I try to keep everything in order since space is limited. Think I would like to upgrade to a larger trailer next year.

Very nice trailer setup!

nepatsfan
07-11-2011, 09:39 PM

We tow with a smart car...I spend a hundred bucks a month in gas.

THEGOLDPRO
07-11-2011, 10:13 PM
i could probably fit that entire rig on my trailer lol

GQLL
07-11-2011, 10:36 PM

More like the back of my truck :laugh:

KrayzKajun
07-11-2011, 10:48 PM

i bet i could fit that in the bed of my F250 and put my tailgate up :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

XLS
07-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Mlvain73 -if you dont care what is the pipes on the right side at the floor used for??? I see a measuring wheel but it is all i make out . Hwow long ,Diameter are they as well??

nice setup

THEGOLDPRO
07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
They appear to be fishing pole holders, evident from the fly fishing reel he has in one of them.

XLS
07-11-2011, 11:59 PM
I only see the green measuring wheel ...............Where is this fly rod you see lol

flatlander42
07-12-2011, 12:23 AM
great thread.....just dont want to miss anything!

THEGOLDPRO
07-12-2011, 12:28 AM
lol i thought it was a reel

XLS
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
they are no better then the reel when it comes to measuring lawns ........ i bought 12 of them about 2 years ago and when we get new ones we will go with a wheel in the 8''-12'' range those wheels tend to hang up bad in grass most my guys dont use then at all they just step it off and call it yards then convert it to rough feet or something the small wheels did to me a few times was hang up and twist around and when you get across the lawn realize it had spun backwards and the width isnt 85 foot its - 54 thats the bs with them .

mlavin73
07-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Mlvain73 -if you dont care what is the pipes on the right side at the floor used for??? I see a measuring wheel but it is all i make out . Hwow long ,Diameter are they as well??

nice setup

The PVC pipes were what I was initially using to put shovels in upside down before I got the E-Track and hooks. I never bothered to remove them. All I have in it now is the measuring wheel and I have a spare rake handle in case I break one. They are just 1 1/2 inch diameter pipe. I do like the fishing pole idea though.

Falcon50EX
07-27-2011, 07:19 PM
It works for me

DIXIECONTRACTING
07-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Nice setups guys.

watsmi57
07-28-2011, 01:58 PM
here is my rig

TJ Property
07-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Not working lol

bobcat48
07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
here is my rig

Sweet looking rig.

HPSInc
07-29-2011, 01:14 AM
i just took this pic yesterday. added some taller sides on the trailer and built a tool rack up front. has a trailer tool box on it and 6 D-rings to strap stuff down with. i love this trailer its made me a lot of money so far. just bought the truck too, about 3 weeks ago. its a beast

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4418/1001839.jpg

another pic for good measure

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4518/1001838d.jpg

turfcarelawns
07-29-2011, 04:31 AM
This is one of our set ups. We usually fit another 36" on there but it is out with a bent rim. Ill try and get the other one up tomorrow.

TJ Property
08-02-2011, 08:29 PM
seeing if it works

pitrack
08-04-2011, 11:52 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/fg_fhdr.jpg

XLS
08-05-2011, 12:08 AM
i will post some of my junk too....getting some pics ready tomorrow
Posted via Mobile Device

ny scaper
08-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Nice setups guys... Some guys need to lighten up around here. There seems to be a lot of hate for the P/T guys by some.
Just because you're P/T and dont have all the big stuff doesnt mean you dont take it seriously, charge accordingly, and do just as good a job as the F/T guys. Anyhow, really excited about seeing XLS' setup(s) ;)

Chevy z71
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
seeing if it works

That's my type of set up.:usflag::usflag: Get a picture from the side.

TJ Property
08-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I have been trying to make a thread with a ton of pics but for some reason i can't get them to upload. May have to try photo bucket account next lol

Chevy z71
08-05-2011, 06:44 PM
I have been trying to make a thread with a ton of pics but for some reason i can't get them to upload. May have to try photo bucket account next lol

Ya that's why i have never posted any on here.

KrayzKajun
08-05-2011, 06:50 PM
here is my enclosed!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSCN1764.jpg

pitrack
08-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Lookin slick Krayz!

Green Acres Lawn CAre
08-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I've got a question for you. I went and looked at an enclosed yesterday and when I went inside it was like 200 degrees in there do the little vents that are on them make a lot of difference when they are open, it seems like with all the fumes from the machines and the heat would be unbarable when you try to go inside? Thanks in advance:waving:

Bates Lawn Care
08-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Heres my new one no racks yet plan on greentouch

KrayzKajun
08-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Lookin slick Krayz!

thanks! your setup looks sick!

im actually thinking of switching over to a NPR/Box van setup for mowing for next year and use my enclosed for landscape installs etc..

gsaunders5
08-06-2011, 12:34 AM
I like everything in a special place and in order.

XLS
08-06-2011, 09:10 AM
NYScaper why is it you say lighten up but you guys punk out on me every time?????

what did i do to you dude lol this site has a lot of growing up certianly by why the beef with me???

GreenAcres- it is HOT nno matter what they say
our box trucks are vented and 3"insulated (we tried that first) now we leave the doors open if its working . at 9 am its ok 11 on its killer.
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
08-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Is that a 12' trailer? It looks like a lot of trailer for a single axle. Just from regular use (150,000 miles) my 12' open broke two leaf springs and had four axles replaced. All it takes is one pothole and that 1000 lb. mower can put a lot of stress on the backing plate welds or the bearings.

I now have a 16' enclosed and don't miss the single axle one bit. Hopefully you have E rated 80 PSI to help prevent blowouts. All it takes is one decent pothole and you can easily blowout a C rated tire on a single.

PlantscapeSolutions
08-07-2011, 01:54 AM
This is one of our set ups. We usually fit another 36" on there but it is out with a bent rim. Ill try and get the other one up tomorrow.

Looks like you need a bigger trailer. You waste a lot of time having to put those mowers in sideways. If you waste a few minutes at every stop in a season that time adds up.

If a three man crew wastes three minutes (x 3 guys) per stop and you have 50 stops per week that's 7.5 man hours of waste out of a 120 hour work week. Times that be a 35 week season and your talking about 262.5 man hours of waste in a season. That could easily be a $4000 inefficiency.

PlantscapeSolutions
08-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Plantscape, you definitely have one of the most organized setups I've seen on here. The graphics look sharp as well.

Thanks, I missed your compliment a while back. I took a long time to figure out exactly how I wanted to set up my trailer. Too many guys have wasteful setups that cost them money and they don't realize it.

I wanted my guys to be able to take one step inside the trailer and be able to get a blower, a string trimmer, line, gas, fire extinguisher, or fire up the mower we use the most. I did not want my guys to use the side door because it would just be more wear and tear.

PlantscapeSolutions
08-07-2011, 02:31 AM
does anyone have home made trimmer racks for there enclosed trailer. Would like fab some up for the new trailer im getting if its even possible.:cool2:

For string trimmers the Extreme Series rack is the way to go. All other racks pale in comparison.

For hedge trimmers you can see the rack I built in my post but I've since built individual boxes for each trimmer that lets them sit flat instead of being vertical.

PlantscapeSolutions
08-07-2011, 02:39 AM

You need to throw those gas cans away and get some No Spill cans. The No Spills will save you a lot of time. Much easier for filling up small equipment as well. The customer service at No Spill is great as well.

PlantscapeSolutions
08-07-2011, 02:47 AM
I like everything in a special place and in order.

That spare tire doesn't look quite right.

Falcon50EX
08-07-2011, 06:47 AM
PantScapeSolutions how do you have the hedge trimmers mounted in the front left?

turfcarelawns
08-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Looks like you need a bigger trailer. You waste a lot of time having to put those mowers in sideways. If you waste a few minutes at every stop in a season that time adds up.

If a three man crew wastes three minutes (x 3 guys) per stop and you have 50 stops per week that's 7.5 man hours of waste out of a 120 hour work week. Times that be a 35 week season and your talking about 262.5 man hours of waste in a season. That could easily be a $4000 inefficiency.

We only use that 5 mower setup on that trailer 2 times a week. And it's actually real easy to load, you back the unit on and just whip it sideways. Typically while one guy is trimming the other loads up then blows. Our other trailer set up is a waste of time I know that. But it is used once a week on only one property so not loading and unloading a lot.

ny scaper
08-08-2011, 10:13 AM
NYScaper why is it you say lighten up but you guys punk out on me every time?????

what did i do to you dude lol this site has a lot of growing up certianly by why the beef with me???
Posted via Mobile Device

My excitement to see your setup was not punking...It was earnest... No beef man, but your game gets old is all and I'm new to the site. Any back on topic...

FerrisDiesel
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
My solo operation, it does what it needs to do!

bobcat48
08-09-2011, 08:10 PM

Looks good,got some nice equip there.

FerrisDiesel
08-09-2011, 10:18 PM
im running some older Gravelys, its nice because I have alotta parts for these machines. Hoping to get an Exmark or a used Walker next year!

blk90s13
10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/fg_fhdr.jpg

Very nice setup, that's where I am going with mine all blacked out is a clean look

PlantscapeSolutions
10-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Looks like those mowers have some years on them. How many years old are they?

blk90s13
10-12-2011, 12:49 PM
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii388/blk90s13/dodge%20ram/IMG_2086.jpg

A.T.G LAWN CARE
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
i have a question should i buy a 52 in snapper pro $7000 or exmark lazer e series for $8300 DO U LIKE YOUR JOHN DEERE I COULD AFFORD A 700 SERIES

Mikegyver
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Whats that thing on the right tire of your scag? For a bagger?

Mike

mlavin73
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Yes it is part of the bagging system. I have the Scag 3 bag collection system and if you are referring to the orange square, it's a stop so the bag never touches the exhaust. Atleast I think that is it's purpose.

Whats that thing on the right tire of your scag? For a bagger?

Mike

FerrisDiesel
10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Looks like those mowers have some years on them. How many years old are they?

My backyard machine is a 1986 Gravely Pro36.......it was a pro 40, but the deck had some rot on it so I threw a newer 36 inch deck on it. My main machine is a mid 90's gravely pro 50. It has a 12.5 hp kawasaki that I rebuilt this winter. It works great for weekly maintenance, and only struggles a bit on the bi-weeklys. I am going to put an 18 hp? briggs on it this winter that I picked up on craigslist. They are older machines, but did the job for my first year in business.............just hoping next year I get a rider lol, sick of walking!

pitrack
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Very nice setup, that's where I am going with mine all blacked out is a clean look

Thank you.

Jelinek61
10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Rented an enclosed trailer from a buddy of mine to move a bunch of furniture this past weekend. It was windy as all get out all day saturday and it took me an extra half hour to get back home because i was pulling into the wind.
Here's some pics.
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/Jelinek61/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0179.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/Jelinek61/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0180.jpg

GreenEarthLawnCare
10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
this is my current set up. small trailer small truck lol next year ill be running a full size truck id love to get an enclosed trailer but i use my open trailer for everything from hauling branches to mulch.

phil5
01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
ProLockers Trailer Wheel Lock Down System Lawnmowers ATV’S Landscapers look!

Check me out on Ebay, user pcb1303 Ebay item# 230378274152 I have been selling Prolockers for years and 100% feedback!!! I am a paid sponsor of this site and I may terminate my sponsorship at any given time, so make sure you write down my contact information as I will be selling the original left over stock of Prolockers for years to come.

Here is the story, I bought up ALL of the “Original Prolockers made from 2002 to 2007” with extra parts (yes, the pins) a few years back shortly after ProEquipment (Prolockers.com) the founder went bankrupt. These units are VERY popular as I have sold hundreds of them in a short time and hundreds more on hand so keep my phone number I will be around for a long time! I have sold these on Lawnsite for about a year, but now I am back in full force and I want to personally thank all of you who have purchased the Prolockers from me in the past with hopes of many more new customers, tell all of you friends. Please post reply’s to my add here and tell everyone of your experience with the purchase of a Prolocker from me, GOODJ or BadL!

New in the box left over original stock, never used or opened.

LOWEST PRICE YOU WILL EVER FIND!!

ProLockers Features:
· Heavy Duty steel construction
· Powder-coated finish
· All hardware and instructions included
· Installs in 20 minutes or less
· Only one ProLockers needed per piece of equipment up to 1,500 lbs.
· Secures equipment and prevents damage
· Mounts to left or right side of equipment
· Comes complete with mounting brackets and hardware.
· Optional Padlock For Theft Prevention
· Easy 1 Pin Removal From Trailer Deck
· Eliminate Chains, Straps, and Tie-Downs
· The most important one of all, Exceeds DOT Requirements 393.100 and 393.102 (try finding this on the new reproduction ones made from overseas)!!!

Below are the models and their capacity. Please use the tire size for your application as listed below to help you determine the unit that will best match your needs.

MODEL #PE-WL 325
12 1/2" to 16" Tire Height
7 1/8" Tire Width
Fits most zero turn mowers, lawn/garden tractors, and
some snow blowers, stump grinders, and golf carts
List Price: $169.95
Our Price: $60.00 each OR 2 for $100.00 (spring special).

MODEL #PE-WL 425
20” to 26” Tire Height
11 1/8” Tire Width
Fits most ATVs, Utility Vehicles, and some large golf carts
List Price: $249.95
Our Price: $125.00

I also have many extra sets of pins; they are sold in a set of 2 (one fixed and one operational) for the cost $17.95 with free shipping.

SHIPPING USA only, flat rate of $15.00 for each Prolocker.

PAYMENT, PayPal, Bank Check or Postal Money order ONLY.

I have several hundred of the ORIGINAL STOCK ProLockers, “MADE IN THE USA” and not the ones made overseas that you would pay $129.99 for. I will ship FedEx ground all insured from FedEx for $100.00 per box (no PO boxes PLEASE), I also ship truck freight and I offer high volume discount buying. Contact me for more information. SCAMERS NEED NOT TO APPLY, WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Phil 715-551-2215 (cell)
Wausau, WI 54401

RLLServicesCT
09-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Heres a quick pic from last year, truck is definetly different as of now haha

noahb195
09-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Damn! Thats sick.

Blades Lawn Maintenance
09-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Damn! Thats sick.

That is the thing I said when I saw that set up as well lol ..that's sick

PlantscapeSolutions
09-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Rented an enclosed trailer from a buddy of mine to move a bunch of furniture this past weekend. It was windy as all get out all day saturday and it took me an extra half hour to get back home because i was pulling into the wind.
Here's some pics.
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/Jelinek61/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0179.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/Jelinek61/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0180.jpg

I had a 98 Ram 4x2 1500 with a 360 years ago and from the V8 logo on your door it looks like you have the 360 as well. That motor was horrible in a light 1500 and must be a real dog in that heavier 2500 4x4. Run that POS 360 till it dies and swap in a 12 valve that won't need electronics.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
PantScapeSolutions how do you have the hedge trimmers mounted in the front left?

I don't think I ever answered your question. I had made a custom rack where gravity held all the trimmers in but they Echo's dripped a tiny bit of fuel so I had to make some other boxes that allowed the trimmers to be stored horizontal. Here is an updated picture. There is one more trimmer box under the trimmer rack.

I also moved my Honda back closer to the ramp door to allow more space for getting to my Prolocker. This required me to move two of the blowers on the wall as well since the Honda handle was now in the way. Notice the Honda requires no bungees or moving parts to secure it. It can be secured or removed in just seconds.

Glenn Lawn Care
09-03-2012, 06:08 PM

Sick truck!

PlantscapeSolutions
09-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Sick truck!

Your have a website in your signature but apparently it doesn't actually exist?

JLSLLC
09-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Single axle lol!:laugh:

BROWNS LAWN CARE
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Single axle lol!:laugh:

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256370&stc=1&d=1346790615

i like the design. i am going to do something similar with my 5x10 open utility. build a box up above the deck(on the front of the trailer), high enough for a trash can and mowers to fit under.

that and add a trimmer rack and blower rack...

here's my feeble entry...

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/browns-lawn-service-albums-browns-lawn-service-gear-picture8314-trailer.jpg

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/browns-lawn-service-albums-browns-lawn-service-gear-picture8316-trailer.jpg

and this is one from a member here i believe, can't remember who now :confused:

but this is what i want to do...

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa218/GuitarNoobie/100_0708-2.jpg