PDA

View Full Version : Honda 48" Walk Behind? Experiences?

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I have access to a Honda Walk Behind, 48", 13hp, 114 hours. They want $1,500.

My thoughts are that something this old is gonna have parts failing left and right as I put it back into fulltime use, but maybe I'm wrong.

Who has used one of these mowers, and what are YOUR thoughts?

Mowingman
06-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I knew a guy who had one. It was a good mower. However, even 10 years ago he was having trouble getting parts for it. He finally junked it as he could never find parts. I would pass, unless it is free for the taking.

1whitetail
06-18-2011, 04:15 PM
It is to old for $1,500 even though it is a good mower. You can get a newer mower for the same price.

Maco Services
06-18-2011, 04:41 PM
RUN. I asked the my local shop mechanic the same question about some Honda walkbehinds that I could have purchased for 500-900 last year. He told me they are moneypits, and one in particular he changed three transmission at a very expensive parts price. He indicated they were too complex and not reliable enough in comparison to their walkbehind or tractor counterparts.

Just my 2c, don't have any direct experience with them, this was a reputable shop with the best technician there. Engines are great, walk behinds were junk, their parts are always expensive, and it seems they get more expensive the older they are.

StihlMechanic
07-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Money pits for sure, the parts are very pricey. Consumable parts like belts and blades, if you can find them, are 2-3 times as much compared to other brands (toro, xmark, ect).