PDA

View Full Version : BOP Quickie 32 owner blade option alert for damp conditions, tall grass etc.

Exact Rototilling
06-18-2011, 01:00 PM
I have discovered that the Oregon 91-313 single notch blades are a noticeable improvement over the standard blades 92-053 however I have stumbled upon an even better option.

Oregon # 99-127. The orange blades pictured. As you can see the wing is steeper than the black blade [91-313]

I have both the Accelerator and Pro-Fit catchers for my BOP mowers. No other blade deck combo [I have the 32, 36 & 44] packs the catchers as densely as the # 99-127 blades on the 32. Both wet and dry.

Prior to this discovery on damp days I would exclusively run the Q44 with the Oregon # 91-369. This is now the 2nd most damp tolerant combination of blade and deck size. However the 32 deck with the 99-127 is a noticeable jump up in bagging performance.

paulbe
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Hello Exact RT and thanks for the tip!
Where do you buy your blades?
Please let me know and thanks!
Paul

Exact Rototilling
06-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Hello Exact RT and thanks for the tip!
Where do you buy your blades?
Please let me know and thanks!
Paul

I purchased that set of 3 off feebay. The seller I purchsed from doesn't have them any longer.

They are sold in sets of 3 or 6 since they are for a 3 bladed mower. There is another seller on feebay that has them.

paulbe
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Exact--thanks for the information.
Gary at BOP posted once that the 91-183 was a heavier version of the 313.
The 313 is certainly an improvement over the standard blade.
Thanks again and the best to you.
Paul

Exact Rototilling
06-19-2011, 02:34 PM
As per my signature I will eventually post a review of the Q32 dually. I'll give a bit a preview.

Prior to using the 99-127 blades I basically found the 32 deck to frankly not offer much of advantage over the 36 deck I have on my single. Currently only 3 accounts are more easily accessed by using the 32 over the 36 deck. One other account has a grassy swell which is cut exclusively with the 32 since the 36 is frankly too wide due to swell curvature. Pending further side by side testing I also have reason to believe that the 36 deck with BOP's ultra high lift blades keeps the 36 deck cleaner than the # 99-313 do on the 32 deck. In light of that I have been pondering trading it out for a 36 dually at some point since overall the 36 deck fits my business model better than the other deck sizes if in fact ....all blade deck combos performed the same...they are NOT IMO.

Since the 99-127 blades with the 32 deck are a strong performer this more than makes up for the reduced cutting width. In fact I have found I can mow faster with these blades thus making up for the reduced deck size over the 36. This is an advantage exclusive due to the dually's greater speed over the single. Also the reduced width of the Q32 mower makes it easier to get other equipment past the mower on my 6 x 12 trailer. Looks like I will be keeping the 32.

fatboynormmie
06-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks Exact Rototilling for the spark of hope that little machine needed.Hopefully I will get the same results as you encountered.The funny thing to me is I actually called Oregon a month and a half ago asking for a higher lift blade then the single notches for my 32" mower and was told none was available.

Exact Rototilling
06-22-2011, 12:44 AM
OK this is super important make sure you get the correct 99-127. I had a family member do me a favor and pick up a single blade from a dealer to even up the 3 blades I bought online. Turns out there is very lame low lift version :hammerhead: of the 99-127. Just make sure you get the correct one. Not sure why OREGON would do this same # dramatically different blade other than paint color. I compared this dud next to the standard Q32 92-053 blade and it is even less lift than that one.

I hope nobody grabed up a pair of these hoping for and improvement......:dizzy:

Exact Rototilling
06-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks Exact Rototilling for the spark of hope that little machine needed.Hopefully I will get the same results as you encountered.The funny thing to me is I actually called Oregon a month and a half ago asking for a higher lift blade then the single notches for my 32" mower and was told none was available.

Fatboynormie,

That kind of story from customer service rep from any Co. does not surprise me.

Ok....long story short. My dad who was kind enough to help me out and pick up this blade yesterday....called OREGON ® customer service this morning. Turns out according to the code number on the back of the blade the low lift version is the latest production. :dizzy: That doesn’t make any sense but hey what do I know. Hey I guess less lift is the new trend in blade performance. The the rep was kind enough to send out 2 free blades of a PN # that I won’t even mention claiming that it matched the lift of the supposed crazy high lift blade that is such a great match for this Q32. I looked at the picture of the incoming free blades the rep is shipping from the *.pdf catalog and all I can say is.....where is my time travel machine so I can go back in time and load up on some extinct old style blades because BOP Qucike 32 owner have need of these blades so they can mow damp to wet grass and not have to double cut.

All I can say is I hope the OREGON rep is miss informed.

I have an inbound order from another feebay seller and I hope the Co. rep is wrong. Will keep you posted.

Pictured are the blades I'm happy with.

rwaters
06-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Have you tried this blade on your mower?

http://www.alloutdoorparts.com/396-716.html

I would think it would be what your looking for.

fatboynormmie
06-22-2011, 04:53 PM

Hey rwaters have you used the G6 blades yet?

Exact Rototilling keep us posted, very interested in finding a workable set of blades for the wet conditions.

Exact Rototilling
06-22-2011, 11:29 PM

I have the 4 tooth gators I purchased from BOP. They are not what I call high lift. OK lift - but better than the very flatish low lift gator blades I have for my Q36.

I've run the Q32 mostly with the 99-313 single notch blades. I will get to the ultimate BOP blade cross reference at some point but I've been running full throttle and need to catch up first.

As for the 99-127 the one in the picture with fairly radical lift....they did better than any other BOP deck blade combo I have ever run. The Pro-Fit steel catcher packs fuller than the accelerator does.

The Q32 with the 99-127 with the decent amount of lift is no Bravo 25 is tall wet grass but in damp conditions it does well until the catcher gets backed up or there is just too much wetness for the deck to overcome. I have not run them much with just side discharge.

rwaters
06-23-2011, 12:40 AM
I have the 4 tooth gators I purchased from BOP. They are not what I call high lift. OK lift - but better than the very flatish low lift gator blades I have for my Q36.

I've run the Q32 mostly with the 99-313 single notch blades. I will get to the ultimate BOP blade cross reference at some point but I've been running full throttle and need to catch up first.

As for the 99-127 the one in the picture with fairly radical lift....they did better than any other BOP deck blade combo I have ever run. The Pro-Fit steel catcher packs fuller than the accelerator does.

The Q32 with the 99-127 with the decent amount of lift is no Bravo 25 is tall wet grass but in damp conditions it does well until the catcher gets backed up or there is just too much wetness for the deck to overcome. I have not run them much with just side discharge.

I show that as a discontinued blade or at least changed, so I figured you might look at a G6 as it showed the highest lift of any of the blades in the book.

Exact Rototilling
06-23-2011, 01:43 AM
I show that as a discontinued blade or at least changed, so I figured you might look at a G6 as it showed the highest lift of any of the blades in the book.

Willing to check those out. What does G6 mean vs. non G6 gator? Is there a lift spec factor in the book?

I have 3 sets of the 99-127's on order from Atlantic Tool supply. I just hope they are the correct ones. Will post when they arrive.

Exact Rototilling
06-24-2011, 09:36 AM

Is there a book that you have that scores or rates lift of the blade? :confused:

I'm still waiting on my blade shipment, from Atlantic Tool supply, via feebay of the mystery 99-127's that I HOPE are the same as the ones that perform so well. These blades truly make the Q32 deck a dream to run. When bagging there is zero need to double cut tall grass, you can go faster basically max speed $, catcher is packed full and tight. Even dog poop can be pulled up and out and off the turf. In fact when trimming near marginal areas I reduce rpm to avoid pulling up rocks and debris. I really would be blown away that the G6 blades could remotely match this lift.

jcbabb
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Is there a book that you have that scores or rates lift of the blade?

Oregonchain.com lists the height of the wing on their online blade lookup guide. This may be what he is referring to, but I'm not sure.

Exact Rototilling
06-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Oregonchain.com lists the height of the wing on their online blade lookup guide. This may be what he is referring to, but I'm not sure.

I have all their PDF downloads but i have never looked at that specific guide till now.

So the BOP endorsed ultra high lift blade 91-313 has a lift height of 1"

And the even better than the 91-313 improved blade I have discovered 99-127 has a lift height of 1 -1/16.....bit the angle or pitch is much steeper....thus more airflow....less deck build up.....and superior bagging performance. Thee 99-127 blade makes the BOP Quickie 32 mower a keeper.

Last Saturday I did clog it up in a down pour while bagging using the 99-127....however even with the Bravo 25 I had t overlap half to grind through to finish due to the fact that tallish fine fiscue grass is the worst for being a clog fest in any mower.

I have not yet received my additional blades but based on this online guide I'm 98% certain that the OREGON Rep is incorrect. The low lift version is in fact an old inferior designed blade from 2009.

Anyhow if this blade 99-127 design can be duplicated in shape and made for the BOP 44 deck that be a huge booster for that deck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
06-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Blade shipment showed up today. And they are the ones you want if you own a Quickie 32. Tall grass....no problem no need for double cutting when bagging.

docj78
07-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I know that the focus of this thread has been on blade/bagger combination and performance--but how have these newly discovered blades performed with the mulching plate attached?

Has anyone tried these for mulch applications? I keep my quick 44" set at 1" cut height, and had to send back the steel catcher b/c it dragged at that setting. I am, however considering a used acclerator bagger to "vacuum" the lawn every so often/every other mow...

Exact Rototilling
07-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I know that the focus of this thread has been on blade/bagger combination and performance--but how have these newly discovered blades performed with the mulching plate attached?

Has anyone tried these for mulch applications? I keep my quick 44" set at 1" cut height, and had to send back the steel catcher b/c it dragged at that setting. I am, however considering a used acclerator bagger to "vacuum" the lawn every so often/every other mow...

As of yet...haven't tried them for mulching. I usually use the 91-313 blades for that. I tried the 92-053 blades yesterday to mulch my commercial and quickly switched over to the 91-313's due to clumping. I was going to try the 99-127's but I just wanted to get done with it. I will try them when mulching soon.

If you're dragging with the steel Pro Fit catcher....you will really drag with the older Accelerator since it rides lower. What kind of grass are you mowing that short?

I was told later generation Accelerator catchers don't drag as bad as older ones did. 1/2" higher off the ground. I'm not a big fan of the steel BOP catcher except for the fact it rides higher than the Accelerator and it does not want to drag off. I mainly bought mine to mow grassy swells with the 32. It is noticeably heavier and slower to unload vs the Accelerator.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm anxious to try out the high lift gators at some point. But it would be cheaper for me for someone to try them 1st and post here and tell me how they compare.
Posted via Mobile Device

docj78
07-05-2011, 09:55 PM
As of yet...haven't tried them for mulching. I usually use the 91-313 blades for that. I tried the 92-053 blades yesterday to mulch my commercial and quickly switched over to the 91-313's due to clumping. I was going to try the 99-127's but I just wanted to get done with it. I will try them when mulching soon.

If you're dragging with the steel Pro Fit catcher....you will really drag with the older Accelerator since it rides lower. What kind of grass are you mowing that short?

I was told later generation Accelerator catchers don't drag as bad as older ones did. 1/2" higher off the ground. I'm not a big fan of the steel BOP catcher except for the fact it rides higher than the Accelerator and it does not want to drag off. I mainly bought mine to mow grassy swells with the 32. It is noticeably heavier and slower to unload vs the Accelerator.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am mowing Bermuda at 1" here in GA. I had heard that the accelerator drags worse than the steel--bought the steel one for that reason. That was sent back d/t dragging and I have been mulching at 1" since.

I does ok, but would be nice to bag every so often to really provide that tight clean look. Once again--be sure to post up how the 99-127's mulch. That may be my ticket.

Exact Rototilling
07-05-2011, 10:16 PM
I am mowing Bermuda at 1" here in GA. I had heard that the accelerator drags worse than the steel--bought the steel one for that reason. That was sent back d/t dragging and I have been mulching at 1" since.

I does ok, but would be nice to bag every so often to really provide that tight clean look. Once again--be sure to post up how the 99-127's mulch. That may be my ticket.

Do you have a Q44 and a Q32....or just the Q44...?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Exact, would those 99-127's fit a Q36 as well?
I got BOP's replacement ultra hi lift blades (not sure what # they are) for my machine for this season, and they are an improvement BUT the deck still tends to get packed a little more than I like.

Exact Rototilling
07-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Exact, would those 99-127's fit a Q36 as well?
I got BOP's replacement ultra hi lift blades (not sure what # they are) for my machine for this season, and they are an improvement BUT the deck still tends to get packed a little more than I like.
No just the 32 deck.

Fortunately or unfortunately the 32 deck uses a common blade length and there are more options. Q36 blades are a BOP item only.
Posted via Mobile Device

docj78
07-06-2011, 08:19 AM
No just the 32 deck.

Fortunately or unfortunately the 32 deck uses a common blade length and there are more options. Q36 blades are a BOP item only.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea--in the "excitement" of a new option for blades, I looked through the fact that this thread is all about the Q32. I have the 44"--Guess I could call oregon to check cross referrence #'s.

Exact Rototilling
07-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Yea--in the "excitement" of a new option for blades, I looked through the fact that this thread is all about the Q32. I have the 44"--Guess I could call oregon to check cross referrence #'s.

Are you currently running the Oregon 91-369 single notch blades on the 44...? They are 15.25" blades and currently the best option for the 44 deck. They do need to be ground at the tips. Un- modified they will ding ding ding upon engagement. The standard BOP blades are a clog fest in moist conditions. The 91-369 blades are a great all around blade on the 44 deck for bagging, mulching and side discharge. I have not been able to find a higher lift blade for the 44 as of yet.

If only the tooling for the 99-127 blade @ 16.3" could be used to make a higher lift blade for the 44 @ 15.25".....if only. If you find a higher lift option let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oregon OEP
07-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Willing to check those out. What does G6 mean vs. non G6 gator? Is there a lift spec factor in the book?

I have 3 sets of the 99-127's on order from Atlantic Tool supply. I just hope they are the correct ones. Will post when they arrive.

The G6(tm) is a Gator Mulcher(R) 3-in-1 blade with several extra features. It has the highest lift we have ever put on a Gator Mulcher(R) blade. It also has the extended cutting edge plus Fusion(tm) for stay sharp. The steel they are built from is 1/4" thick and 3" wide to get the extra lift.

fatboynormmie
07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey Exact Rototilling ordered a set of G6's to try out but will have to wait till we get some rain because it's drier then a popcorn fart at the moment.Want a set of the 99-127's still working on that .

Mr Oregon OEP there are quite a few BOP mowers out here now that could use some more blade options to combat the clogfest caused from wet conditions .You have an opportunity to help us guy's out and become our HERO!!! I'm here to be your genia pig, you need a test subject?Send me some experimental hytech blades I'll give them a shot. Maybe you could build a set with a really tall sail that actually scrapes the top of the deck as they spin(just kiddin).

Another thing I'm wondering about the 99-127 blades is there a way to tell the difference from the old highlifts to the new med lifts that are supposed to be the replacement as they both have the same stock number?Is there a letter stamped or something that differentiates the two so as I'm contacting vendors I can have them double check so that I am getting the correct blade?

Oregon OEP
07-07-2011, 04:13 PM
OK this is super important make sure you get the correct 99-127. I had a family member do me a favor and pick up a single blade from a dealer to even up the 3 blades I bought online. Turns out there is very lame low lift version :hammerhead: of the 99-127. Just make sure you get the correct one. Not sure why OREGON would do this same # dramatically different blade other than paint color. I compared this dud next to the standard Q32 92-053 blade and it is even less lift than that one.

I hope nobody grabed up a pair of these hoping for and improvement......:dizzy:

Exact, on each of our blades there is a 2 letter date code. Should be right after the words grass side or by the part number. Could you give me those letters on the 2 blades in your picture?

Oregon OEP
07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey Exact Rototilling ordered a set of G6's to try out but will have to wait till we get some rain because it's drier then a popcorn fart at the moment.Want a set of the 99-127's still working on that .

Mr Oregon OEP there are quite a few BOP mowers out here now that could use some more blade options to combat the clogfest caused from wet conditions .You have an opportunity to help us guy's out and become our HERO!!! I'm here to be your genia pig, you need a test subject?Send me some experimental hytech blades I'll give them a shot. Maybe you could build a set with a really tall sail that actually scrapes the top of the deck as they spin(just kiddin).

Another thing I'm wondering about the 99-127 blades is there a way to tell the difference from the old highlifts to the new med lifts that are supposed to be the replacement as they both have the same stock number?Is there a letter stamped or something that differentiates the two so as I'm contacting vendors I can have them double check so that I am getting the correct blade?

I am trying to find out when the change was made and then I could give you the date code to look for. As mention in my earlier post to Exact ther are 2 letters stamped in each blade. I have asked our research department to look into a higher lift blade for these mowers.

Exact Rototilling
07-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I am trying to find out when the change was made and then I could give you the date code to look for. As mention in my earlier post to Exact ther are 2 letters stamped in each blade. I have asked our research department to look into a higher lift blade for these mowers.

The last blades [99-127] I purchsed have no date codes on the blades.....:confused:

The low lift odd ball blade had a code of NU9....if my memory is correct. The blade was returned to the local dealer...

fatboynormmie
07-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Got the G6 blades on the dually let my back yard get over a foot high and thick .The grass wasn't sopping wet but was damp.After cutting I found very little build up under the deck so far so good.The clippings were shredded up very fine and side discharge seemed very good.Will get the back yard thick again and then get it sopping wet for the next test.Will keep you guys posted.

Exact Rototilling
07-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Got the G6 blades on the dually let my back yard get over a foot high and thick .The grass wasn't sopping wet but was damp.After cutting I found very little build up under the deck so far so good.The clippings were shredded up very fine and side discharge seemed very good.Will get the back yard thick again and then get it sopping wet for the next test.Will keep you guys posted.

I mulched my over fertilized commercial last weekend with the G6 gators with the plate installed. Seems to leave a trail near the discharge chute. I even mulched with the 99-127's then switched back to 91-313. Jury is out on that difference. I have limited back deck hight adjustment due to smallish rear tires on my 32 and I'm limited to just a tad above 3.5" mowing height. I usally mow this commerical at 4" if I use my Q36 or Q44.

I did mow and bag with the G6 gators today and it does seem that the clippings may be finner? More testing is needed? I think they work best discharging or bagging.

Ok now back to the 99-127's... FWIW I have several sets of 99-127's and there are slight diffencence in wing height and angle.

fatboynormmie
07-27-2011, 11:38 PM
mulched my over fertilized commercial last weekend with the G6 gators with the plate installed

Exact Rototilling I don't believe any Gator blade is meant to be used with a blockoff plate or mulch kit.They are meant for side discharge only.For true mulching you might want to look for a wavy mulching blade .

Exact Rototilling
07-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Exact Rototilling I don't believe any Gator blade is meant to be used with a blockoff plate or mulch kit.They are meant for side discharge only.For true mulching you might want to look for a wavy mulching blade .

fatboynormmie,

Your G6 gators are the 369-716 ? Correct

I have been running these even bagging and thus far they bag the best of any gator I've yet run. Not the manicured look of the 99-127 but not shabby.

The other blades I'm still testing are the OREGON 93-005 and they do have a bit more lift than the 91-313 but not as much as the 99-127's. But they are .025" thick just like the 369-716.

....someday I will get these blade reviews completed maybe winter at this rate.

fatboynormmie
07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Exact Rototilling;4111138]fatboynormmie,

Don't remember the number but they are true G6 high lifts 1/4" thick 3" wide with fusion.Really want (2) of the 99-127 blades to try out.

FYI did a idler pulley mod for belt deflection on the 32 thought you might be interested.

Exact Rototilling
07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=Exact Rototilling;4111138]fatboynormmie,

Don't remember the number but they are true G6 high lifts 1/4" thick 3" wide with fusion.Really want (2) of the 99-127 blades to try out.

FYI did a idler pulley mod for belt deflection on the 32 thought you might be interested.

That would be the G6 number if they are .025" thick and 3" wide. They have way more lift than the Q32 gators I bought from BOP.

Yes I saw that pulley mod on another thread. I have 75 hours on my Q32 and still have yet NOT busted a belt.....? I have about 60 hours on Q44 and finally busted the bottom blade belt on that one...FWIW Q36/44 run 2 deck belts.

My Q32 rear deck adjustment limits out at roughly 5.75 on that sticker spacer scale....and it looks like it still has belt clearance with the guard removed. I remember you said you busted a few belts due to clutch tab shredding the belt at Max height. I'm assuming that has been tweaked on BOP's end by limiting the max adjustment and possibly the clutch position. I have never called Tommy or Gary to ask about this....so I'm not sure.

Due to the smaller tires BOP put on this 32 [at least this one] rear deck adjustment needs to be raised roughly the equivalent of 1.5 spacers on the fudge scale so the deck is not pitched backwards. I didn't realize this until I scalped a lawn this spring running side by side with the Q44. BOP needs to have a little print out on that attached to the mower. I'm assuming that the smaller tires are a tiny bit narrower than the next size u that came on my 44 and my old 36 single. Yet another annoyance factor. I'm assuming BOP puts that tire size on to aide trimming ability, however the tire width between the one on the 44 and the 32 looks vitally the same. I need to rig up a measuring jig to find out.

My only other gripe about the Q32 is the lack of a hydro guard on the back of the mower to protect the hydros like the 36/44 dually have. I think BOP needs to rig up a hydro protector just for the 32. I've smacked it several times already.

My only other gripe about the 32 vs. the 36 or 44 deck is the scalping tendency at lower mowing heights and catching a blade on sidewalks and concrete etc when mowing grassy swells. Since the mower is more narrow there is more opportunity for this to happen since people like me are trying to eliminate 21 mowers from the list of equipment. This is due to the longish wheelbase since the blades are the longest of any BOP mower on the 32 deck...especially that extreme forward caster wheel up front. The Q36 single is so compact short wheelbase - short blades] I have never had much issue with that mower. I'm under the impression that type of issue is more common on other WB with longer wheel bases. I have adjusted to this and haven't had issues since.

fatboynormmie
08-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Ran the G6 blades in TALL WET grass this weekend and the deck clogged.But I think most machines would have had a problem with build up. The week before they were ran in tall lightly damp grass and the G6 were able to keep the deck almost build up free.

Just received some 99-127's will be stretching their legs shortly, will keep you guy's posted. There is definitely a huge difference in the lift sail between the 99-127's and the replacement notch high lift's that BOP offers.I saw the pic's posted earlier in this tread but seeing them in person right next to each other WoW what a difference.

docj78
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I mulched my over fertilized commercial last weekend with the G6 gators with the plate installed. Seems to leave a trail near the discharge chute. I even mulched with the 99-127's then switched back to 91-313. Jury is out on that difference. I have limited back deck hight adjustment due to smallish rear tires on my 32 and I'm limited to just a tad above 3.5" mowing height. I usally mow this commerical at 4" if I use my Q36 or Q44.

I did mow and bag with the G6 gators today and it does seem that the clippings may be finner? More testing is needed? I think they work best discharging or bagging.

Ok now back to the 99-127's... FWIW I have several sets of 99-127's and there are slight diffencence in wing height and angle.

This is my issue with the stock "ultra" high lifts on my 44 dually. I HATE the trail, epsecially a day after once the clipping trail turns brownish/gray.:cry: I may try adjusting the mulch plate a little to see if it can be prevneted

fatboynormmie
08-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey Exact Rototilling I know there was a debate about 2 different versions of the 99-127 blades.My super high lifts have a (NZ) after the grass side engraving on the bottom of the blade.Do you know if these are the old stock blades or the new version.Maybe the Oregon rep will chime in if he is still following along.

Exact Rototilling
08-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Hey Exact Rototilling I know there was a debate about 2 different versions of the 99-127 blades.My super high lifts have a (NZ) after the grass side engraving on the bottom of the blade.Do you know if these are the old stock blades or the new version.Maybe the Oregon rep will chime in if he is still following along.

Good question...my first 3 99-127 have a bit more lift than the latest batch I bought. Hands down when a customer over fertilizes or I'm running behind due to my back injury running in hobble mode....I exclusively use the Q32 with 99-127's that have a bit more lift than the last ones I got. It's faster than the Q44 running 91-369's. Zero need to double cut when bagging I will post pics when I get a chance of the differences. The Turkey dud version that was returned was a crazy low lift version. I will drop by the place I.returned it and see if I can get #'s off of it to be certain.

As of now there are 3 blades better than the 91-313's for the Q32 for side discharge and bagging. I actually like the 91-313's when.using the.mulch plate. The 99-127 also work with the mulch plate but I lean towards the 91-313. I also have a wavy blade that I briefly used but I was not impressed. More testing later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oregon OEP
08-10-2011, 06:36 AM

Those are built on the latest tooling.

Exact Rototilling
08-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Fatboynormie,

When you get a chance can you post pics of your 99-127's next to a 91-313? Emphasis on the angle and height of wing.
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie
08-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Well boys and girls I ran the 99-127 blades today after 2 days of hard rain finally.The ground was soaked and I cut about an acre of ground and all I can say is in my opinion that the 99-127's R O C K .Was cutting 2 -4" off the top of tall fescue and weed mixture that was wet.The blades cut clean, striped nice and had VERY little issue with deck build up. The 99-127's performed better then the G6 mulchers and way better then the 91-313 notch blades.Had no clumping at all running at the dually's top speed, the blades gave a nice constant discharge.When I got done cutting I cleaned out the bottom of the deck got maybe 3-4lbs of wet grass.I would say I could see the actual steel of the deck on about 2/3 on the bottom side of the deck and the grass was congregated in a few areas covering the rest.If I would have used 313 blades the bottom of the deck would have been plugged completely.The G6 blades only marginally better then the 313 blades as far as plugging goes.Will have to test the G6 vs the 99-127 in dry conditions and see which one does better.But in wet conditions the 99-127 is king.

Exact Rototilling will get some pics and post for you.Thanks for finding the 99-127's they make this mower worth keeping now.Working on getting a couple sets of them.

fatboynormmie
08-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Got to run the 99-127 blades today on dry lawns with decent top growth due to the weekend rains .Was cutting 2 1/2 -5" off the top and the 99-127's left a nice cut and disbursement.Almost no double cutting at all.No build up under the deck. Will switch out to the G6 blades tomorrow and review them on dry lawns.Maybe cut half the lawn with the G6 and the other half with the 99-127 to have a real side by side comparison.Will keep you posted

fatboynormmie
08-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Blades from left to right 91-313 notch blades,new tooling 99-127 pb code,old stock supposedly same tooling 99-127 date code nz(red) and the G6 gators.The red 99-127 have a much steeper arc to the lift compared to the the newer pb coded blades.In fact the lift arc between the 91-313 and the pb coded 99-127's are similar.

Hey Exact Rototiling I know you commented about every set of 99-127 blades you have are slightly different. Have you noticed a huge diff. in performance between them.

I would love to have a few sets of the higher arc 99-127's but it's like pot luck finding them. Mr Oregon rep how can we get the tooling honed in to deliver these awesome super high lifts is it possible?There are a bunch of these mowers out here now and all the BOP machines need better blade choices.These super arc 99-127 are the best so.PLEASE HELP!!!!

Exact Rototilling
08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Fatboynormie,

Yes your BEST 99-127's with the most angle up closely match my very first set of experimental 99-127 that I bought off eBay.

I purchased 3 sets (6) blades from a different seller off feebay as well Atlantic tool and the lift on those is between the 2 extremes of what you have with your lower lift 99-127's.

There is a noticeable difference between the generations of the 99-127's I have then again I have not run them then pulled the other off then swapped them out...just yet.

IF ONLY QUICK 44 OWNERS could get these crazy lift blade stamped out in the just shy of 15.25" so no grinding is needed for clearance on the Q44 deck....that would be sweet as could be.

AND IF ONLY Quick 36 owners could get these stamped out for their short bladed mowers. The Q36 has the weakest blade options out there. BOP Ultra lifts are a great help over the standards. It could use a bit more lift.

Also G6 gator blades for the 44 and 36 deck would be jiffy.

Hands down....when I have to mow an over grown property and I have to bag clippings...:cry:...my earlier crazy lift 99-127 go on the mower. No need to double cut like one has to with the Q44 deck running the 91-369 blades.

Because of the current blades available the Quickie 32 is BOP most versatile mower in a wide range of conditions.

Now what I'm wondering is how does this combo compare with other commercial mowers in wet damp grass performance.....?

Hope to get pics posted soon....stamp marks etc....gotta run.

fatboynormmie
08-20-2011, 12:56 AM
We have had a lot of rain lately. I actually got caught in rain while cutting a lawn Thursday.It happened to be the last cut and the 99-127's cut great in the conditions.Apparently over night we had large rain storms run through as the ground was sopping wet this morning.I checked under the deck and the grass that had accumulated under there from the night before(not a ton) had turned moldy and hard.I wanted to test how the machine would handle that so I started the first lawn and the deck clogged up pretty good about half way through as I could tell by the tone and loudness while the blades were engaged.I took the unit to the trailer and scraped the deck.Went back to cutting the soggy lawn and the remaining cut yielded very little build up underneath.Even when the deck was full of grass the cut was still great.I finished out 3 other sopping wet lawns afterwards with minimal build up and all had a great finished cut with little double cutting.But cleaning the deck daily before heading out is a must in damp conditions as the blades can't clear the hardened dried up grass and the fresh grass just stacks up on the hard stuff.In dry condition's it's not necessary.I can live with that.Now the Bop is really not much different then both my Gravely ztr's .

Hopefully the Oregon rep can convince the engineers to reproduce the super lift blades once more.

Exact Rototilling
08-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Fatboynormie,

Good to know that with the correct blades a shallower BOP deck can handle damp and wet conditions. And be in par with other commercial decks.

I did get caught in.a.complete downpour once with the better angled 99-127 and the deck did clog but frankly even my Ybravo 25 struggled in the tall and wet fine and tall fiscue grass.

I swapped out the standard bravo 25 catcher in favor of the high vent bag and was able to finish the lawn in the rain.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
08-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Taking a step back the Q32 with the 91-313 is a noticeably weaker performer in my experience than the Q44 with the 91-369 blades which doest make much sense because the blade are essentially the same just longer for.the 32.

I fully belive if we can get this blade profile copied over for the Q44 it will outperform the Q32 running the extreme version of 99-127. That would make the Q44 the wet grass champ. Also a full throttle G6 gator blade for the 44 would be great. It just needs to be plug and play with no tip or end grinding.
Posted via Mobile Device

tyler_mott85
08-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Anyone checked with Meg-Mo to see if they make their product for these mowers?

Exact Rototilling
08-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Anyone checked with Meg-Mo to see if they make their product for these mowers?

The Q32 BOP is the only plug and play mower [common blade size] that doesn't require blade modicfication to run unlike the Q44 or Q36.

So yes....based on that they probably would work but the 99-127s Ultra lift version and G6 Oregon gators 396-716 yes they are wider 3" and heavier thicker at 0.025" are really great and would probably outperform the meg moes in all condtions.

So I'm a happy camper with the following blades on the Q32:

Oregon 99-127 ultra lift version [see prior posts in this thread]
Oregon G6 Gator 396-716
Oregon 91-313 with the mulch plate in and in resonably dry condtions the Which BOP sells as their highest lift blade last I checked.

After the standard 92-053 clogged the deck completely :hammerhead: last spring I retired them.

fatboynormmie
08-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Took some pics after cutting some wet lawns along with a comparison to my 152z .Really impressed on how these ultra high lifts cut and keep the deck clean.Just installed the new black 99-127 blades to give them a work out but with a lower lift I think there going to disappoint me.Btw to keep things fair the 152z and the dually were used on my lawn .The dually was used around the house and the 152z on the field with the exact same conditions.

Exact Rototilling
09-20-2011, 12:45 PM
The highest lift 99-127's I own........ are coded CH

The lowest lift one I own also 99-127's are coded PS.

I also own one blade coded PN.

Here is pic of the CH blade on top of the PS blade.

Exact Rototilling
09-20-2011, 12:49 PM
This is a bit off topic but related to the entire BOP blade deck issue.

Here is a BOP only Quick 36 "ULTRA" blade and the angle is very simular to the PN coded 99-127 blade. I wonder if more angle on the Quick 36 blade would provide even more lift and less deck buildup.

I'm hoping OREGON will add BOP mowers to their catalog and offer blades for the 36 & 44 decks G6 gators & ULTRA high lifts. I'm sure they would sell like hot cakes.

fatboynormmie
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
It's hard to believe that a few degrees more angle on the sail could make that much difference but it really does.I tried out the new black 99-127 blades in wet conditions and found them to not perform as good as the red old 99-127.I bought this mower for tight areas as well as when things get soupy out and was really disappointed with the deck clogging with the factory high lifts.The mower sat on the trailer or in the garage most of the time unused and was soooooo close to being sold. E R started this thread and I found some of the super high lifts and this mower is now my favorite mower in wet conditions and also does a great job in dry conditions as well. Hopefully Dennis can get the engineers on board and get them to jump on the Bop band wagon.

Exact Rototilling
09-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Fatboynormie,

Are you saying the deck stays cleaner with the Q32 with the highest lift 99-127 than your Gravely 34 in wet conditions ....?

Fwiw several of my customers have noted the outstanding cut quality they deliver when bagging. :)

For the record the 91-313 are still the best when mulching with the BOP plate installed. Went back to.the 92-053 standard blades a few times only to pull them off just minutes later. Might save them for scalp mowing in the spring as long as conditions are bone dry.
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie
09-20-2011, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=Exact Rototilling;4165561]Fatboynormie,

Are you saying the deck stays cleaner with the Q32 with the highest lift 99-127 than your Gravely 34 in wet conditions ....?

E R I don't use the 34z in wet conditions due to machine weight and rutting issues.That's why I originally bought the BOP.But in dry conditions the 34z is way faster and it too has a great cut.I would say the Bop is about the same as my 152z in comparison in deck clogging now.Before the BOP was HORRIBLE and worthless to me before the 99-127 blade find but not no more with the High lifts(old).I find that when the deck starts to get a little packed with grass I disengage the blades and let them slow down and re-engage them again before they stop and that brief loss of suction starts to drop the grass off the deck and the blades blow alot of it out the discharge.This trick works well for me on real thick wet grass.We have had alot of rain this last month and this dually has been kicking butt.I think the cut quality is great even in wet conditions.Plus the light footprint of the BOP is also easy on the lawns that are soaked it's been a win win so far the year with the little machine.

lifetree
09-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Some good information in this thread !!

Turf Tracer
09-21-2011, 09:00 PM
You'd be way better off running 2 low lift blades per spindle like this +

fatboynormmie
09-21-2011, 11:05 PM
You'd be way better off running 2 low lift blades per spindle like this +

Pretty sure running doubles would have the bottom blade below the deck.Tried running doubles on other mowers and never liked how hard it was on the equipment to engage them.The super high lift 99-127 are the ticket on the Q32 we just need Oregon to remake them.

Turf Tracer
09-21-2011, 11:52 PM
been running them for 12 years and never a problem engaging on manual or electric PTO's also never had them drag below a deck.

That Quick mower looks like a homeowner/pro type model so mabe it would be an isue.

Exact Rototilling
09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
In another thread last year or year before the running double blades on a Bop Quick mower issue came up. Someone talked to.Gary about it and the safety issue was the concern since the lowest blade was running below the designed minimum for debris kick out from under the deck.

Purely from.a.function standpoint I'm not sure how the lower blade would be centered properly unless some.sort of shim spacer was used. Also the G6 Gators are a full 1/4" thick ...so running a double set would be 1/2 thick.

It would not surprise me if a double set of 92-053 blades would still have less lift than the best 99-127 run solo.
Posted via Mobile Device

lifetree
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
In another thread last year or year before the running double blades on a Bop Quick mower issue came up. Someone talked to Gary about it and the safety issue was the concern since the lowest blade was running below the designed minimum for debris kick out from under the deck. ...

That was me, I ran doubles on my 36" Dually for about 6 weeks ... the blades were just barely under the deck line !! Running doubles worked well, however, the vibration caused excessive hand and arm fatigue; not to mention that Gary said it wasn't good for the machine and there may be a safety issue as well.

Think about it this way ... if something is discharged and someone is injured, then what you have done is actually a negligent act ... in other words, all kinds of legal liability could be assigned to you. I'm not aware of any manufacturer that approves of running double blades, therefore, it seems to me that avoiding legal liability would be the name of the game.

Turf Tracer
09-22-2011, 09:55 PM
yea Gravely and Dixie Chopper and Walker all have OEM double blade decks.

Exact Rototilling
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Fatboynormie,

Have you considered chasing down one of the cross referenced blades that supposedly match the same lift as the 99-127's? The down side is Oregon blades keep a better edge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Meg-Mo
09-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes with the nice pictures we can make the blades for your mower. Wet or dry you will about twice the weight in you catcher.

Exact Rototilling
09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes with the nice pictures we can make the blades for your mower. Wet or dry you will about twice the weight in you catcher.

If you would like to send me a pair I'd be happy to test the Meg mo blades and report back how they compare with the 99-127 ultra lifts.
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie
09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Fatboynormie,

Have you considered chasing down one of the cross referenced blades that supposedly match the same lift as the 99-127's? The down side is Oregon blades keep a better edge.
Posted via Mobile Device

ER I haven't chased down any other blades except the G6 and a high lift from Rotary that my dealer ordered in (junk).The G6 blades are marginal for me in the conditions presented lately ,Friday 6 more inches of rain .Literly just got home an hour ago from cutting all day with the Bop and the Honda hrx (soggy) conditions .The super high lifts performed great for the conditions only scraped the deck once this morning before starting NO JOKE.Used the BOP about 90% of the cutting today 10 out of 12 lawns. Scraped once. Lawns were tall and soaked did I say I scraped once.Dennis from Oregon has been very helpful and is trying to get the engineering dept to help us Bop guys out.THANKS DENNIS!!!!! If he convinces the engineering to reproduce these super lift 99-127 blades theres no reason to look any further for other blades for me.

ER do you have any pt#'s for these other blades similar to 99-127? I will check them out for giggles.

fatboynormmie
09-25-2011, 10:27 PM
If you would like to send me a pair I'd be happy to test the Meg mo blades and report back how they compare with the 99-127 ultra lifts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Send me a sample too I will put them through the ringer.ER and I live on opposite ends of the USA and it's good to get data from different places .

LandscaperPro
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey guys, great subject! Alot of good information! We do sell the 99-127.
If you want to take a look.

http://www.landscaperpro.com/1614with58centerholelp99127.aspx

Exact Rototilling
09-26-2011, 01:17 PM

What is the production code on the bottom of the blade? Dennis the Oregon Rep.confirmed which generation is which and can.confirm production date based on code.

The absolute worst 99-127 I have ever seen is posted in a picture earlier in the thread. Functional lift on that blade would of been very.poor. the.best performing ones have a wing angle.steeper than 45 degrees. Any chance you can check on your stock?
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie
09-26-2011, 05:44 PM

Got 3 sets of the new 99-127 (black) and they don't have the same lift as the old 99-127(red) that I'm currently running.The new blades do an ok job but super lift blades kick a$$ no comparison really.What I'm needing performance wise for this mower is a great cut and minimal clogging in wet conditions, so far nothing touches the old 99-127.If you want to see the diff. between these blades scroll back a couple pgs as I have posted pics.

bare spot
09-27-2011, 01:04 AM
great post going here. for the 36in, using the newest blades available for this deck from bop (far as i know at least) is from what i notice thus far, that to me they seam to have less blowout and better vacuum, good for bagging lawns (or even to mulch) that are scattered with leaves. these other blades mentioned look to have more lift, would thing that would increase the vacuum and less blowout, to a point possibly.

Meg-Mo
09-27-2011, 04:58 PM
I shipped one set today and will ship another set tomorrow and hope we will get some feed back so its not just me telling you folk about the MEG MO blades

fatboynormmie
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Meg-mo will stretch their legs as soon as they show up .I have the perfect testing site ,my own swampy lawn .With all the rain lately it's literally a swamp right now.I have to cut it even though I really don't want to or it would never dry out.It is also perfect Mosquito sanctuary.These pics are from today running the super lift 99-127 to say it was soupy would be an under statement.

bare spot
09-27-2011, 11:59 PM
does look like a good test site, looks like it gets a lot of water (4x4 mower came to mind also).*nice blocker btw, think that's what i see.

fatboynormmie
09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Meg-mo blades showed up today .Snapped some pics for you guys but didn't have a chance to really run them yet.I did engadge the pto and they did seem louder then 99-127 while spinning.The lift looks similar but the 99-127 have a wider sail portion to the lift area compared to the Meg-mo blades.We will see how they perform .

Exact Rototilling
09-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Haven't received my Meg Moes yet....rain in the forecast next week....Ybravo 25 vs Quickie 32 with Meg Moes........http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/35.gif

LandscaperPro
09-30-2011, 08:23 AM
What is the production code on the bottom of the blade? Dennis the Oregon Rep.confirmed which generation is which and can.confirm production date based on code.

The absolute worst 99-127 I have ever seen is posted in a picture earlier in the thread. Functional lift on that blade would of been very.poor. the.best performing ones have a wing angle.steeper than 45 degrees. Any chance you can check on your stock?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, turns out the 99-127's we have are red. These #'s were on the blades 99-127, k006311, 1-7036. Do these #'s help?

Oregon OEP
09-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Well, turns out the 99-127's we have are red. These #'s were on the blades 99-127, k006311, 1-7036. Do these #'s help?

Look for a 2 letter date code at the end of the "Grass Side" stamp

fatboynormmie
09-30-2011, 09:13 AM

Any way you could snap a side profile shot of the blade and post it ?The super lifts have a sharper angle bent into them and the newer blades have a more curved angle .I have pics of the difference earlier in the thread.Would be interested in a set if they are the right blades .Thanks

Exact Rototilling
09-30-2011, 09:24 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words as long as it shows the wing angle. I only have 3 blades of the desired "more than 45 degrees" 99-127.

Maybe there is a way to accurately measure the angle? Anyhow even one of the 3 CH coded blades I has a noticeably steeper angle.

I would like to have more of them. Currently saving them for special occasions such as tall or wet grass.

My PS and a solitary PN coded 99-127's are only 45 degrees :cry:
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie
09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
LandscaperPro the pics I was referencing are back in pg 5 of this thread.It shows the clear difference between the old/new 99-127 .

LandscaperPro
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
The highest lift 99-127's I own........ are coded CH

The lowest lift one I own also 99-127's are coded PS.

I also own one blade coded PN.

Here is pic of the CH blade on top of the PS blade.

Ok, I did not take these pictures, but, our blades say Oregon 99 127 PS . Are these the ones you guys are looking for?

LandscaperPro
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
well I thought it was going to post the picture too. And I guess it is the less pitched blade. Do you guys prefere the Steeper Pitch?

Exact Rototilling
09-30-2011, 10:53 AM
well I thought it was going to post the picture too. And I guess it is the less pitched blade. Do you guys prefere the Steeper Pitch?

Hands down yes. Just downloaded an incline measuring app for the smart phone. Hope to get actual numbers of the angles this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie
09-30-2011, 08:59 PM
First review of the Meg-mo blades .The first thing that was brought to my attention that the blades hung below the deck the way they were assembled from the factory.Took them back off and flipped them to the top side of the disc and red loctited back on .This makes the blades sit higher then a fixed blade and cutting height had to be adjusted to compensate not a big deal.

The Good
excellent discharge
kept deck clean similar to the 99-127 oregon blades
cut clean while taking an inch off of wet grass

The Bad
Does not like heavy thick wet grass at all.Cutting off 3-4"
the blades fold back and leaves uncut grass .Requires multiple
passes to clean up.I have pics but it was getting dark and are
hard to make out.Will snap some pics in the morning and post.

I applaud Meg-mo for allowing me to put them through the paces.
Will be running them tomorrow for further testing.

That being said for what this mower is intended for in my business is all about cutting in wet conditions along with heavy growth conditions.The 99-127 super lift has no issues in tall wet grass with virtually minimal double cutting.For me the Oregon blade is tops.We will see how Exact Rototilling rates them for his conditions.He pretty much runs his Bop's exclusively and puts more hours on his units then I do .

fatboynormmie
10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Pics of the uncut grass while using Meg-mo blades in thick heavy wet grass.Looks like the blades had folded back.I do not get this with my 99-127 blades but I would have to double cut to make it look nice.The grass in these pics is very dense and ranging 7-8" tall and WET.Will be further testing the Meg-mo's today.Will post the evaluation .

Exact Rototilling
10-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Just looked at the pics of the black blades fatboynormies own [a few pages back] and those lack the increase of angle I have on the PS and PN coded orange 99-127 blades [about 45 degrees]

My PS/PN 99-127's still lack the added angle of my CH coded blades.

I suspect my CH coded blade has more angle than fatboynormies BEST 99-127 blade.

For the record the PS/PN coded 99-127 blades are noticeably better than the 91-313 for bagging and side discharge.

I save my CH coded 99-127 for special occasions :)

Meg Moes have not showed up yet....fwiw :waving:

nepatsfan
10-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Pics of the uncut grass while using Meg-mo blades in thick heavy wet grass.Looks like the blades had folded back.I do not get this with my 99-127 blades but I would have to double cut to make it look nice.The grass in these pics is very dense and ranging 7-8" tall and WET.Will be further testing the Meg-mo's today.Will post the evaluation .

That cut looks sweet...how much are these blades???? I think a sickle bar would leave a more finished look

fatboynormmie
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
(Just looked at the pics of the black blades fatboynormies own [a few pages back] and those lack the increase of angle I have on the PS and PN coded orange 99-127 blades [about 45 degrees)

Exact Rototiling If you go back to page 5 in this thread I have pics of the super lift older red blades .I also have some of the black newer 99-127 , g6 and a notch high lift.Just wanted to clear that up.

My Meg-mo blades did not perform well today on my WET bi weekly lawns .I believe when the blades are slowed down by the bulk of wet grass under the deck that the blades fold back which in turn it shorten's the effective blade length.This happening allows for uncut grass between the blades resulting in a poor cut.They also were unable to keep the deck from clogging.By the 4th lawn the deck had to be scraped.On my weekly lawns the cut was good as the blades didn't fold back.Just trying to give a true evaluation for perspective buyers.Next test for the Meg-mo's will be for leaf clean up but we have a couple weeks it looks like before we will be testing that.

Half way through the day I switched back to the super lift 99-127 and of course they rocked again.I have my finders and toes crossed hoping Oregon engineers remake the super lifts.

It's been so wet here that I can't use my ztr's at all .At least I have a velke on the Dually but cutting every lawn with a 32" mower kinda sucks time wise and physically .It sure wups my butt alittle :laugh:

Turf Tracer
10-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Meg Mo blades are garbage.

Youre better off stacking 2 gators per spindle for leaf clean ups if thats all youre going to use the MegMos for.

Exact Rototilling
10-01-2011, 10:40 PM
FB Normie,

Do the Meg Moe's have any free play up and down? ....since it pivots on that bolt?
Posted via Mobile Device

lifetree
10-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Meg Mo blades are garbage. ...

That's what I figured when I saw them in Fatboy's pictures !! I bought a similar contraption for my sting trimmer ... in other words, I bought the PivoTrim product ... it's just like the Meg Mo blades but it's just 4 rotating string lines on a trimmer head, the thing was a POS ... so when I saw the Meg Mo I figured it would be about the same because that design seems to be generally lacking.

fatboynormmie
10-02-2011, 12:04 AM
FB Normie,

Do the Meg Moe's have any free play up and down? ....since it pivots on that bolt?
Posted via Mobile Device

The actual blades themselves have about 1/8 to 3/16 up and down free play while bolted tightly to the disc.

Meg-Mo
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
The meg mo blades will cut as picture shows being on top of the disc. You also are to high up in the deck.

lifetree
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
The meg mo blades will cut as picture shows being on top of the disc. You also are to high up in the deck.

This observation is true, however, he earlier stated that the Meg Mo blades were lower than the deck shell as origianlly installed !! Therefore, it appears that the Meg Mo blades are not a "good fit" for the Quickie 32 machine.

fatboynormmie
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Picked up some Rotary 6175 mulching blades and was able to install doubles on the 32"dually and the bottom blade has at least 1/8 "- 3/16" above deck bottom.They also have a sail angle similar to the 99-127 super lifts but the sail isn't as wide.Will be running them tomorrow to see how they do and will give an eval.

Exact Rototilling
10-06-2011, 12:29 AM
FB normie, how are you keeping the bottom blade centered since the spindle has a 5/8 nipple for just one blade?

I have the OREGON 91-368 wavy blade.but.the lift looks more tame. Will have to post a pic.for.comparison.

Meg mos arrived today yesterday. They in fact.ride dangerously close to the bottom.edge of.the deck. Haven't run them yet but I already broke my.own front window doing aeration plug break up drill with the G6 gators so I'm a bit sheepish gun shy about kicking up any debris. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/28.gif
Posted via Mobile Device

bare spot
10-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Picked up some Rotary 6175 mulching blades and was able to install doubles on the 32"dually and the bottom blade has at least 1/8 "- 3/16" above deck bottom.They also have a sail angle similar to the 99-127 super lifts but the sail isn't as wide.Will be running them tomorrow to see how they do and will give an eval.

if cut the the area with water from earlier pic's, and/or parts of it (if it still has it), be interesting to see how the double set does in it.

fatboynormmie
10-06-2011, 01:54 AM
FB normie, how are you keeping the bottom blade centered since the spindle has a 5/8 nipple for just one blade?

I have the OREGON 91-368 wavy blade.but.the lift looks more tame. Will have to post a pic.for.comparison.

Meg mos arrived today yesterday. They in fact.ride dangerously close to the bottom.edge of.the deck. Haven't run them yet but I already broke my.own front window doing aeration plug break up drill with the G6 gators so I'm a bit sheepish gun shy about kicking up any debris. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/28.gif
Posted via Mobile Device

ER your smilies kill me.

As far as the blade bushings go I got a hold of Lockheed Martin and had them machined out of some special space age metal .It took 2 weeks and 90 dollars later.Well I brought them home and somehow they got lost somewhere in one of the garages.I was losing my patience and ended up making my own.I took a 3/8 lock washer opened up the slit wider with a wiz wheel pressed washer into the blade and drilled center hole back out to 3/8" with a unibit.TAAA DAAA heres a pic:waving:

Exact Rototilling
10-06-2011, 02:22 AM
"Lockheed Martin and had them machined out of some special space age metal ....." :laugh:

Those wavy blades look flat or is the center mount hole lower than the cutting edge? Have you tried any other double blades yet?

LandscaperPro
10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey guys, still love the information you all are giving. I talked with Dennis at Oregon and he said he is trying to get the 99-127's to have only the higher pitch. When this happens, we will be sure to strictly carry this blade.

Thanks,
BLake
LandscaperPro

Exact Rototilling
10-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey guys, still love the information you all are giving. I talked with Dennis at Oregon and he said he is trying to get the 99-127's to have only the higher pitch. When this happens, we will be sure to strictly carry this blade.

Thanks,
BLake
LandscaperPro

EXCELLENT! I'm hoping OREGON will officially enter Better Outdoor Products to their catalog and copy over the 99-127 profile over to blades that will.work on the 44 and 36 deck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
10-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Ok...installed the Meg Mo’s on the Quickie 32 with the blades on the bottom the way they were shipped to me.

In a manner I will not describe for [don’t try this at home reasons].... liability reasons the blades are do in fact float right at the bottom edge of the deck when engaged and spinning. I did try them briefly in some tall field grass but I didn’t want to take any chances sine I already broke my own front window last week running different blades with no discharge chute installed.

The be absolutely fair in the evaluation process of the Meg Mo’s they apparently need to be mounted on the bottom of the disc. and not on the top of the disc like FB Normie had to run them.

For safety and liability reasons they should ride no lower than what a .025” Oregon G6 gator would ride on the BOP deck. So with that said any ideas on doing an off set mount to get the blades up higher in the deck but still mounted on the bottom of the disc?

I’d like to run these blades through a full evaluation and comparison in all sorts of conditions: leaf cleanup, aeration plug break up, tall wet grass, tall wet feild grass, shorter wet lawn grass, side discharge, bagging mode, full mulch mode with the BOP plate installed.... etc.

:waving:

Turf Dawg
10-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Would you please sweet talk Oregon into making a G6 blade for all the BOP mowers [especially the 36] for us Southern boys. :drinkup::cool2::cool2:

lifetree
10-06-2011, 11:10 PM
... the blades are do in fact float right at the bottom edge of the deck when engaged and spinning.

This simply evidences what was stated earlier about Meg Mo blades ... it appears that they just aren't a good match for the BOP 32" deck !! Anyone want to try Meg Mo blades on the other BOP decks ... 36" and 44" ... if they make that size blade ??

Exact Rototilling
10-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Would you please sweet talk Oregon into making a G6 blade for all the BOP mowers [especially the 36] for us Southern boys. :drinkup::cool2::cool2:

Oregon G6 gators are "currently" [October 2011] only available for the 32 Quickie 396-716. Best gators I have ever run.

Broke up aeration plugs on my lawn last week with these blades last week. Huge dirt cloud discharged. The wind was blowing slightly and I was noticing tumble weed thatch balls rolling across the property. Wish I had taken a picture of a few of these. Point is G6 gators did great job of chewing up the plugs and separating the dirt from the thatch layer.

Exact Rototilling
10-06-2011, 11:49 PM
This simply evidences what was stated earlier about Meg Mo blades ... it appears that they just aren't a good match for the BOP 32" deck !! Anyone want to try Meg Mo blades on the other BOP decks ... 36" and 44" ... if they make that size blade ??

I have all BOP deck sizes 32, 36 & 44 I'd be glad to test them out next Spring. Spindle offset to bottom edge of the deck I'm sure is the same on all BOP decks. Just need to rig up some sort of off set mount to get the blades higher up in the deck. Blades really do need to be run on the bottom of the disc.

LandscaperPro
10-07-2011, 08:20 AM

HAHAHA! Yeah, I'll see what I can do, but really, all of us here together would have a better chance at convincing Oregon to do this.

Oregon OEP
10-07-2011, 09:07 AM
HAHAHA! Yeah, I'll see what I can do, but really, all of us here together would have a better chance at convincing Oregon to do this.

I put the wheels in motion earlier this week. That being said it does take a while to get through all the processes involved. I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

LandscaperPro
10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
I put the wheels in motion earlier this week. That being said it does take a while to get through all the processes involved. I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Thanks, Dennis. I think we all appreciate that!

Blake
LandscaperPro

Oregon OEP
10-24-2011, 08:33 AM
If any of you make it to the GIE Expo this week please stop by the inside Oregon® booth and say hello. It would be great to meet you in person.

Exact Rototilling
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
FB Normie,

How did these doubles work out?

I ran the OREGON ® version of this blade with less lift ....only works for aeration plug break up with mulch block off plate in place. Cut quality is lacking IMO just not enough lift.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
11-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Okay...here is the update. I down loaded a clinometer from the Android market place. For these purposes all measurements are accurate within 1 degree.

I measured the Sail/Lift angle and Relief Angle #3 as per the PDF off the magna matic web site.

What I purchased from BOP as their highest lift back in December was the Oregon ® 91-313.

Oregon ® 91-313 Lift/Sail 40° – 41° Relief angle 3°

The best Highest Lift ‘SUPER LIFT” Oregon ® 99-127 I have 60° - 61° Relief Angle 0° - 1° production code CH

PS production code 99-127 49° - 52°
PN production code 99-127 53° - 55° right near the bend inboard of the tip.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=223888&stc=1&d=1308415695

fatboynormmie
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
S W E E T app there ER !!! I have been working on a special project and this will really come in handy :cool2: Already downloaded it.Sorry I missed your previous question about running the double wavy mulchers. I was not impressed with results but that was on grass.Want to try the megmo's and the doubles on leaves.I will check the angles on 99-127 highlifts I have.Dennis from Oregon sent me some sample blades but the sail is the same as the current 99-127 blades.I figured if they made them before they could do it again but guess not.Dennis is an awesome guy but he dosen't run the engineering dept.I will have to resort to plan b what ever that is:hammerhead: Oh and BTW you better get those nasty dirty blades back into the garage before the wife finds out or you will have more then just a sore back.

Exact Rototilling
11-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes...in case anybody asks the picture that shows the relief angle.of 7° that is the sample tester blade Dennis sent me and the lift is in the range of 40° almost identical lift as the 91-313. We have snow on the ground now...will continue to test once the snow disappears.

My breif fiddling with the Meg Moe's has me thinking they might give the G6 OREGON ® blades a run for their $ on leaves. Only caveat on the Q32 is blades have to be mounted on top.of.the disc since they run extremely close.to.the bottom edge. When I ran the meg Moe's briefly there was plenty of wet grass pushed through to holes on the disc. With a clogged catcher or chute blocker etc. This could really make.dry.leaves disappear....?

However I've exclusively been doing final Moses an incidental leaf cleanups with the OREGON ® G6 Gators on the Q32... works great!

...anyhow I'm confident that Oregon can crank.out 60° 99-127's again. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Sounds like Oregon is working on some blades for the Q36. If/when they develop them, I will be in line to try them out on my Ninja.

Exact Rototilling
11-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Sounds like Oregon is working on some blades for the Q36. If/when they develop them, I will be in line to try them out on my Ninja.

I actually prefer the deck size of the Q36 in many ways and it is decent.performer with the current BOP ultra lift blades. Just not up to the outstanding performance of the 50° - 60° 99-127's on the Q32. The design challenge with the BOP Q36 deck is the blades are so blasted short when compare to the longer blades on the 44/32.

I suspect going with a wider blade 2.75" - 3" and a lift of a full 60° will yield better results on the 36 deck. The G6 blade that I run on the 32 is 3" wide and the way I.understand it this helps in total lift. Much like the length or chord of an aircraft wing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
04-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Spring 2012 update:

My life thus far this Spring has been much easier due to proper blades selection on my Q32. FWIW this BOP mower is the most versatile of all the BOP deck sizes.

Hands down the 60° angle of sail 99-127's are the best rescue mow blades. Foot tall grass etc
OREGON ® G6 gators have been used for most first cuts of the season to reduce clipping volume when bagging.

I bought some Oregon 91-621 and these will no doubt provide more lift over the 99-127. Issue is they need to be shortened.

We have heavy rain today...hoping to post pics.
Posted via Mobile Device

lifetree
04-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Spring 2012 update:

My life thus far this Spring has been much easier due to proper blades selection on my Q32. FWIW this BOP mower is the most versatile of all the BOP deck sizes. ...

Very interesting ... I thought it would have been the 44" deck !!

Exact Rototilling
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Very interesting ... I thought it would have been the 44" deck !!
Best BOP mower due to.deck width works.better for bagging, best.blades available including G6 Gators.

Also the only BOP mower I.run early in.the.season with few exceptions. I can get other equipment past it without a big unload fest aerators, power rake, Toro 30.

I cut down and balanced the Oregon ® 91-621's last night. :clapping:
Posted via Mobile Device

lifetree
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Best BOP mower due to.deck width ...

Did you go through and get those other 2 used Quick machines ?? If so, you need to post pictures of your entire Quick fleet !!